~~~
Lokovodo

yoshilove wrote:

You do not forget that I can not English, and Exact Modding
~~~
yoshilove かわいいね
Maiz94

PyaKura wrote:

Actually, asking to be a BAT is just not the right way to become one. Just saying.
Exactly. Get 'noticed' as Gezo has said in the 1st page.
NaxelCL
I'm not stay asking to be a BAT , i stay ''worked'' to be a BAT ~ , and very chat with Charles all day of this. ~

I'm not have the more good english , but , i'm stay tryyyyyyyyy to speak this:c
Pinecone
Judging by your userpage and banner, you are asking to be a bat. no offense
yoshilove
NaxelCL go~go~~

BAT~~~~~~
shionelove
Go~Go~NaxelCL!!!!
ExPew
good luck mania bat candidates.....

is there got o2bat yet?
YunoFanatic

Loctav wrote:

find me proper candidates that do not shit on our community rules
Find me a proper BATManager that do not shit on our community.

Hi Fullerene-
Fullerene-
Am I the only one in this thread that doesn't want to be BAT? Turning mods/ranking into a job just feels overwhelming/stressful to me :\
NaxelCL
0: loctav really post the reply of yuno *o* , hihihihihi ~ :c i'm stay postuling to be a BAT

NaxelCL : runs >w< ~
richardfeder

ExPew wrote:

good luck mania bat candidates.....

is there got o2bat yet?
is there any iidxbat yet either?
Agka
shitposting in a thread that won't go anywhere

Charles is already aware of the situation, so I'm sure adding more salt to the wound won't really be helpful.
PyaKura
People not understanding there are no such things as "postuling to be BAT" lol. It's sad.
Roxas
Well, first of all, I will be back around 4-5 July guys.
After this, remember that for being BAT you need good english, good quality mods that makes you better modders than the others, active modding (this doesnt mean 1 or 2 mods per month lol) and good attitude. I think I didn't forget anything lolol
Now think again your candidates and do as Ono said, but think carefully what is a very good mod.
ArcherLove
=w=
[Shi-Ra]
Wow, surprisingly, I've found this thread and Roxas' post here o.o
Well, I agree with his words and some posts which I saw in this thread. I won't write here my own opinion coz I know it'll be criticized by many people, so all what I want to say - mania no need BATs who'll be bubble/rank EVERYTHING just to make this pcocess faster, this process will be slow always coz there's no need in unpolished and raw ranked charts, remember that please~

I know there are alot of awesome modders, who wants to help newcomers (I know you personally, I stalk you lol), but I know that there are alot of people who mod ONLY to become BAT...it'a bad motivation I think. I'm trying my best as always, I don't have any profit from this work, helping people only to hear "Thank you" that's enough for me, so think twice about why you need to join BAT please.

I know, maybe I'm too serious...it's like job for me, not the game, but I like this job.
Your machine~
Kamikaze
We love you Shi-ra for all the hard work you're doing ♥
NaxelCL
[Shi-Ra] for president *o*
NaxelCL
lel again Pyakura ~ >w< , i'm not stay postuling ~ stay working to be a BAT , with : more good mods , with increase my english skill~ with more good actitude:) , i'll do good mods :( , i'm no understand , why the people , not like me maps and .__. and because I criticize so much?

I want to be a BAT , for help more people!
I have time to accept much request!
really have timeXD , because i'm 13 years old~~

*NaxelCL runs*

I'm a kid okno~

Bye o/
Zare
without having any influence or having any insight about who is a good mania modder and who isnt, i have to say that I don't approve of giving children influential staff positions.
Being in staff (should[!]) require(s) a minimum amount of knowledge in human nature, and so far I haven't seen any children who truly possess that.

Disclaimer: I myself thought I'd understand everyone and everything back at that age, turned out I didn't understand shit.
yoshilove
plz Close this thread.
I do not think so that there is progress.

This is a game. Please do not forget.

Not work.
do not care about age.

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。
やる気あんの? 
決めるなら話し合って決めてください。
できないなら閉じるべき。
私は非常に不愉快だ。
shionelove
osu!は仕事じゃない。ゲームだ。
オリンピック憲章と同様に、
ゲームに年齢も性別も信教も関係ない。
やる気のある人が必然的にゲームを盛り上げているものでなければ、
それはゲームではない。

要はBATは平等に話し合って決めろよってことだ
NaxelCL
the majoritary people of this game have 13 - 17 years.
richardfeder
we don't need a fight here everyone orz
some jk is fine but please don't cross the line

[Shi-Ra] wrote:

mania no need BATs who'll be bubble/rank EVERYTHING just to make this pcocess faster, this process will be slow always coz there's no need in unpolished and raw ranked charts, remember that please~
I totally agree with this. We have tons of awesome works in graveyard while some @#$% are rushed to the place where they didn't deserved. Honestly speaking I don't think today's standard is high enough, and I really hope whoever get the position of BATs in the future, plz remember those words in mind.
btw shi-ra thank you for your effort lol

yoshilove wrote:

This is a game. Please do not forget.
Enjoy mapping lol that's much more important than struggling about some useless stuff lol
PyaKura
Agreeing about mapping quality standard. Many MANY maps feel identical, the only difference being in the song choice (I'm looking at you speed rankers). If it was up to me there'd be some maps I'd leave unranked forever.

Anyways that's not the point.

Back on topic, and asking to BATs : is there anyone, without revealing the name of course, who is in your scope to be BAT ?
[Shi-Ra]
Well, I think I can answer on some questions since osu! atm works unstable and I can't check charts properly (nuuuu ;w;)

NaxelCL wrote:

the majoritary people of this game have 13 - 17 years.
Honestly I don't know about an age audience of o!m and whole game. But just to note I need to tell you, that I didn't saw 13-17 years old BATs, GMTs etc.
And please, listen - as a BAT you need to be less emotional in discusses (in your modding/BAT activity too for example). That's why age means something here, just copying Zare's words: "Being in staff (should[!]) require(s) a minimum amount of knowledge in human nature, and so far I haven't seen any children who truly possess that." Listen to this please, it doesn't mean that "you're a child, you can't join BAT" or smth like that. You need to be more patient and less impulsive. I know that it's a game, but I can't say that being BAT it's a game too~
If you're working, so continue and stay calm, I'm always watching for new candidates and their behaivor, just do your best and you'll be noticed, thanks~

richardfeder wrote:

We have tons of awesome works in graveyard while some @#$% are rushed to the place where they didn't deserved.
Totally agree...I can't even write something else here.

PyaKura wrote:

Agreeing about mapping quality standard. Many MANY maps feel identical, the only difference being in the song choice (I'm looking at you speed rankers).
Yeah...we need more detailed rules about mapping for novices to avoid raw and "identical" charts, but how to write and implement them here, it's hard. Is there something like global charting guide, huh? No...that's hard for me, I have another work here and irl to think about that x.x

PyaKura wrote:

Back on topic, and asking to BATs : is there anyone, without revealing the name of course, who is in your scope to be BAT ?
Yus, as I've said, I always watching for new candidates and they know who are they owo

Thank you~
Tidek
Just more BMS/o2jam/stepmania etc. based songs instead of boring TVsizes, please ;_;
Entozer

[Shi-Ra] wrote:

PyaKura wrote:

Agreeing about mapping quality standard. Many MANY maps feel identical, the only difference being in the song choice (I'm looking at you speed rankers).
Yeah...we need more detailed rules about mapping for novices to avoid raw and "identical" charts, but how to write and implement them here, it's hard. Is there something like global charting guide, huh? No...that's hard for me, I have another work here and irl to think about that x.x
There already is Hanyuu's guide for basic osu!mania mapping.

I can also try and whip out my own version using a different approach. It may or may not end up finished like my 7k difficulty thread, but at least that 7k thread served it's purpose of guiding beginners into playing 7k from what I've seen in the feedbacks.

By different approach, I mean I'll dwell more on note placing and patterns, and leaving the rest of the info that was covered in Hanyuu's thread out. If people are interested, I will make one.

By the way, I like your maps richardfeder.
Fullerene-
4k charting tutorial???
PyaKura
Ento your maps are evil, don't make people go make evil maps like yours D: yay
Ryu Sei

Tidek wrote:

Just more BMS/o2jam/stepmania etc. based songs instead of boring TVsizes, please ;_;
This. o!m is very (almost) flexible game mode, it has many charting styles.
Kamikaze

Ryu Sei wrote:

Tidek wrote:

This. o!m is very (almost) flexible game mode, it has many charting styles.
We need more original stuff too. Like t+pazolite, LeaF, C-Show and many others
richardfeder
thank you entozer good to know that there's still at least somebody know me ;w;

Ryu Sei wrote:

o!m is very (almost) flexible game mode, it has many charting styles.
Yes, great

-Kamikaze- wrote:

We need more original stuff too.
This. Please remember this in mind.

sorry off topic /.\
ArcherLove
o2dx style = osu!mania style ? lolno :x ~
Yuzeyun
I'm going through the whole thread, and answer stuff that strikes my eye. Maybe some stuff has been said before but I'm writing as posts go by.
Wall of text
I've seen Roxas being back (kinda, and as he says he'll be fully back in July). Shira also is back which is no problem either, as well as PROGUY. Charles has stated in his userpage that he's working on your situation which is a really one of the nicest moves ever done for your community considering that the other modes didn't have such help.

For those people who want to be a BAT, if you claim everywhere you want to be one, simple as it is you will never be one. I will restate what I said at the very beginning:

I wrote:

mod more, be active, get 'noticed' by the higher powers and be clean
There's no problem aside from this you can be a potential candidate. If you fuck with one of these conditions consider yourself out. Roxas also stated other things about it. And if you want to find candidates, judge objectively the modding given by people.

Midge wrote:

And the issue with that is that the staff are seemingly ignoring mania at this point.
Another comparison with other modes, atm CTB situation is far worse. Almost every CTB BAT seem inactive. I think that only two of them are actually active. Taiko's situation used to be worse in TWC. We had no really active BAT for a month.

Bobbias wrote:

I definitely agree that finding BATs is much harder than people seem to think. It takes a lot of time and dedication to be a BAT, and that's on top of everything else. The mania community is pretty short on qualified people, to be honest, so it's hardly a surprise that we have so few BATs, but now things are beginning to be a problem.
Wholeheartedly agree with this. Becoming a BAT isn't something you get by snapping your fingers, it takes a lot of time, dedication and patience. Basically if a BAT goes all po pi po and start to do the fuck he wants disregarding the rules, then they can say farewell to the title. Modding has to be top notch, and so should be your knowledge of the mode. You need to know every trick behind your mode and all that stuff related to it, so your modding gets impact to the mapper. Also, as you said, the community is short on qualified people, but consider that the mode isn't even 2 years old! Sure it looks normal to you now, but the older people such as me were surprised. The surprising thing was the amount of BAT at one point, you had 7 in total where we Taiko people had 6 and CTB 4.

There's another problem that strikes us (and that affects every game mode, and even regardless of position), is that some BAT are more known than others which easily lead to overload for some while others don't have anything. This was the case for Love on his first weeks of promotion, who basically had not many requests while lots of people asked me for a mod req. PyaKura's post explains more in detail.

[Shi-Ra] wrote:

I know that there are alot of people who mod ONLY to become BAT...it'a bad motivation I think.
Not only it's a bad motivation, but what would happen after promotion ? This aspect also needs to be thought about it. There's a big difference between a guy who got to BAT, thinking about this position since the very beginning and a guy who got there due to him being 'noticed'. The latter will not care about such a position, he'll keep on modding whatever happened. The other will significantly drop in activity once he reaches the position.

Zare wrote:

Being in staff (should[!]) require(s) a minimum amount of knowledge in human nature, and so far I haven't seen any children who truly possess that.
As a friend of a guy who went in the staff (not here, but in another forum), sometimes you even have to make decisions against the people you like. Some children don't really have this notion of objectivity, and sometimes tend to protect their friends even though they are the culprits. They also have to be understood and voice their opinion properly without sounding like "This is my opinion, and this is the correct one. You guys are all wrong". Even older people sometimes tend to have this problem.

Stuff I have to add, and if it were to happen I'd be really grateful:
Since osu!mania basically cover many charting styles, I think the mania BAT has to understand all of them, should it be BMS, o2, IIDX, ITG, StepMania, PIU, Technomotion, PnM, or every other rhythm games in the same fashion. This community is the most diverse that has ever existed here due to it allowing every charting styles.
Lokovodo
_Gezo_ is a good man, make president now
Fullerene-

Fullerene- wrote:

4k charting tutorial???
No?
Maiz94

YunoFanatic wrote:

Loctav wrote:

find me proper candidates that do not shit on our community rules
Find me a proper BATManager that do not shit on our community.
+1
Ryu Sei

-Kamikaze- wrote:

We need more original stuff too. Like t+pazolite, LeaF, C-Show and many others
Some popular tracks could be charted too, as long it have the "map-able" parts.
show more