forum

Keysound copier (Alpha alpha alpha version)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Roxas
Hey guys. I made a useful tool for those people who wants to keysound a BMS map. This tool is called keysound copier (such fantasy).

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/62xb6 ... copier.jar

How it works, in few words: it copies hitsounds from your BMS converted map to your diff and will tell you which hitsounds it couldn't copy (if you don't have the BMS converted map but you have only BMS folder, convert it with woc's converter or with import tool, integrated in the editor).

How it works, with more precision:
  1. It copies offsets, volumes and hitsounds from BMS map in arrays
  2. It copies sounds storyboard from BMS map
  3. Deletes every hitsound from your map
  4. Pastes hitsounds and sounds storyboard
  5. Reports hitsounds it couldn't copy in failed.txt. It will tell you which hitsounds it couldn't copy for offset (your map doesn't have a note instead of BMS map which has note in that offset) and which hitsounds it couldn't copy because there aren't enough notes in your map (e.g.: 3 hitsounded notes in BMS map and 2 notes in your map)
Please note: it copies/deletes sample import hitsounds, so, no whistle/clap/finish and both maps must have the same offset (there's a tolerance of -3 ~ +3 ms if some notes are not that correctly snapped).

And important, this program worked with 2 maps (Cres - End Time by PyaKura, LeaF - Doppelganger by Remilion Cross) but it might not work correctly, always check (even quickly) the results!

FAQs:

Q: I have whistles/claps/finishes in my map! How can I remove them?
A: Just go in the editor, select all notes (ctrl+a), press W,E,R (it adds whistle/clap/finish) and press them again (removes whistle/clap/finish).

Q: What's the difference from grumd's hitsounds copier?
A: Basically this program says which hitsounds he couldn't copy and why. This is really useful when there are 1000+ hitsounded notes.

Q: Why the graphical interface is so strange? I never saw something like this.
A: It's the Swing interface. I coded this with Java.

Q: I mapped a BMS song but I don't have the BMS folder. Where I can find it?
A: I don't know so many sites, but I found this, this and this. If you know other sites post here please!

For other questions (I might forget something) post here or PM me! Enjoy! :P
HanzeR
first
roxas is a god

Reports hitsounds it couldn't copy in failed.txt. It will tell you which hitsounds it couldn't copy for offset (your map doesn't have a note instead of BMS map which has note in that offset) and which hitsounds it couldn't copy because there aren't enough notes in your map (e.g.: 3 hitsounded notes in BMS map and 2 notes in your map)
though I think it would be really cool to have an option to have failed hitsounds copied in as storyboarded hitsounds? Just a thought

I look forward to using this!
Topic Starter
Roxas

HanzeR wrote:

first
roxas is a god

Reports hitsounds it couldn't copy in failed.txt. It will tell you which hitsounds it couldn't copy for offset (your map doesn't have a note instead of BMS map which has note in that offset) and which hitsounds it couldn't copy because there aren't enough notes in your map (e.g.: 3 hitsounded notes in BMS map and 2 notes in your map)
though I think it would be really cool to have an option to have failed hitsounds copied in as storyboarded hitsounds? Just a thought

I look forward to using this!
I'm planning to add it! :D
Flanster
"woc's converter" link leads to Keysound Copier.jar
intended?
Topic Starter
Roxas
Not really, mediafire derped "copy" I guess. Fixed!
Tear
Wow damn this is the best thing ever for making keysounded maps, I'll be all over it for my next mapset
Topic Starter
Roxas
Well, actually this tool is useless because of this, so your maps won't be ranked. You can keysound maps just for fun tho.
Maiz94
Question :

What's the difference between your tool and grumd's hitsound copier?
PyaKura

do you even read

/me runs
Maiz94
holy cow, I must be blind or something. @_@

thanks, pyakura. lolol
Topic Starter
Roxas

ishimaru94 wrote:

holy cow, I must be blind or something. @_@

thanks, pyakura. lolol
I can add a function that puts the failed hitsounds in storyboard samples :D
Sorarei
wow thanks Roxas for useful tool !
Kamikaze
Well, Ayano's keysound copier is done and 100% working, so imo it deserves a spot here
grumd
Yeah, since I can't update and fix bugs in my program, this new one deserves its place! GJ