forum

osu!mania Hitsound/Keysound Copier

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[AyanoTatemaya]
Hello. as a keysounder, one of my biggest hurdles that I've encountered when applying keysounds to my maps aside from copying and checking the keysounds was transferring the keysounded notes that cannot be copied to the gamepane into the storyboard (Tab). grumd's hitsound copier is a great tool for copying hitsounds, but it lacks the capability to do this, so to speak.
Please take note that I do not have grumd's source code, so I created this from scratch.

So I tried making one. :)
We'll refer to the files being used as Source file and Destination file in this context.

Download link here. (updated)

Features:
  1. Copies all hitsounds (claps, whistles, finishes) and keysounds (sampleset) from one diff to another.
  2. Sends all the remaining notes that cannot be copied into the gamepane (due to the lack of available notes) to the storyboard. Take note that ONLY SAMPLESET KEYSOUNDS MAY BE TRANSFERRED TO THE STORYBOARD, AND NOT THE NORMAL ONES (claps, whistles, etc).
  3. Has the ability to clear the destinations's storyboard samples first, to avoid any case of duplicates, if there's any.
  4. Has the ability to copy the existing storyboard samples from the source to the destination file.

A little background for the application:
The application automatically sets all notes on the destination file to the default one before copying the keysounds, so there's really no need to manually edit your diff to remove the keysounds beforehand. (Thanks Usagi for reminding me this, forgot to include on the documentation even though it's already implemented xD)

Yes, only sampleset keysounds may be transferred to the storyboard. Normal hitsounds will still be copied on the gamepane, provided that there's still some room/notes left.

This application reads the notes per row from left to right, so if you have normal hitsounded notes (claps, whistles, finishes), it is advisable to put them on the leftmost (or at least before the sampleset ones) so that they will be prioritized in the process. Or better yet, use sampleset keysounds for all the notes instead, like I always do.

About the 2 checkboxes (sorry for the names being kinda ambiguous, will change that in the future):
The first one (Clear StoryBoard Sound Samples) lets you clear the storyboard samples on the destination file. This is great if your source and destination both have the same storyboard sound samples on them atm, or simply if you want a fresh start.

The second one (Copy StoryBoard Sound Samples) lets you copy the already existing storyboard samples from the source file to the destination file.
Limitations and Bugs:
Currently there's no support for the copying of inherited timing points (green lines) - which is mostly used for the normal hitsound users. I'll still implement it (maybe tomorrow) since the code for that is kinda easy. :)

-----------------------------------------------------
If there's any bug/error you've encountered while using the program, feel free to post it together with your 2 (source and destination) .osu files, and I'll debug it.

Have fun. :)
Ayachi-
wow nice
[ A v a l o n ]
nice Ayano =w=)b
Fullerene-
thank you based god
DrawdeX
i love you
Gravey-
Wow! Nice >w<)b ♥
YunoFanatic
Saved a life
Topic Starter
[AyanoTatemaya]
There's still a rare occurence where a sampleset note that can be copied to the gamepane (eg: if there's still an unused note) are automatically sent to the storyboard. I'll fix this when I have some free time.
Fixed :)
Link updated.
-[ AmiShici ]-
Ayyy

Nice desu~ =w=)b
Kyousuke-
omg you saved my life.

dis is too awsome =w=/
gudjob ayano xD
Zevioz-
whoaaaaaaahh '3'b
Deep Sea
nice, thanks Ayano
Blocko
You're saving us all so much hours of work to hitsound our maps.
Thank you so much for doing this!
Evening

Fullerene- wrote:

thank you based god
PyaKura
Wtf I really did miss this. Thanks so much Ayano.
Marirose
epic tool,gj ayano! :D
SpectorDG
Kanbatte Ayano ~ :3
Arzenvald
ayano, any further update for this tool? i have small request regarding the copier

just wondering, can you make the copied hitsound goes to Notes instead Long Notes? it would be rather handy for me because i shouldn't have to move the hitsound from LN to notes manually again..
vice versa : copied hitsounded Note to note, copied hitsounded Long Note to Long note..

how to proper english orz
Akasha-

ExUsagi wrote:

ayano, any further update for this tool? i have small request regarding the copier

just wondering, can you make the copied hitsound goes to Notes instead Long Notes? it would be rather handy for me because i shouldn't have to move the hitsound from LN to notes manually again..
vice versa : copied hitsounded Note to note, copied hitsounded Long Note to Long note..

how to proper english orz
yes, it would be more nice
and thank you for made this app
it works very well, if you used sample hitsound, it would also copy for notes / long notes but also for storyboard sample too
SpectorDG
hey hahah