Topic Starter
kidlat020
Welcome(?) to the Keyboard thread for osu mania. aka:

1. what keyboards do give up easily
2. what keyboards makes it easy for the fingers to lose their position
3. what keyboards do hurt your fingers
4. why mechanical over the "cheap" keyboards
5. what keyboard would you consider a long time partner and cheap

I'm using Genius kb-g235 and my only complain here is that I tend to hit the surrounding keys due to them being (too) small and thus make me lose that combo. Its pros is that it withstood my onslaught and I don't think I'm the soft touch user type.

I'd like to replace this with a, err, wider keys
Drace
all standard keyboard variations have the same surface area on the keys unless you start looking mini keyboards for tablets or special ergonomic keyboards.

If you want wider, get a controller :p

http://www.twitch.tv/xdrace/c/4017117

Also you could check out this thread t/159959
Topic Starter
kidlat020
I-i-i don't think that's available here locally.
Pinecone
I'm using corsair vengeance red switches.
It's does a nice job in pretty much every area (stamina, >200 bpm, accuracy)
but the only complaint I have is the noise level.
Good thing is that even that can be fixed with an o-ring mod but I haven't got a chance to do that yet.
(But then again, all mech keyboards are loud so...)
Drace
Neither here, ordered it online at djdao and customized it with tape and cardboard hehe
Aposke

Drace wrote:

Neither here, ordered it online at djdao and customized it with tape and cardboard hehe
Wait a second, that doesn't look like a DJDAO controller at all...
Unless it's the real edition and you taped over buttons #1, #3, and #5 on each side?
Drace

2 FPS, I have a blast on em when I play DP, but it felt like a waste to not use them for 1P also. Being originally a kb player, I wanted to play with same layout, which was possible but the keys were too far apart. So I whipped up something real quick for shits and giggles and the results were completely unexpected. The thing works like charm as weird as that may sound....

I just switch between the 2 faceplates when i switch between DP and 1P haha. But I'm planning to make something more... "professional" or "clean" when i get to my parents house for the summer break. Probably weld something out of metal or cutout something in wood... we'll see.
Lach
You must have a lot of money to own two $300 controllers and then cover them in tape.
Drace
Well i get more use out of them now, which in the end gives me more bang for my buck ;w; I'll make something better looking eventually xD

My main concerns resolves around functionality and efficiency haha
Lach
Interesting concept, though. Have you ever considered getting some wood and acrylic and making a custom board and using one of the dao PCB? Might save a bit of desk room, and you won't have to constantly chop and change the face plates.
Drace
I did and I would of if it weren't for the fact that I play DP now nearly as much as 1P. So the space would end up being used anyways. Also just unscrewing the faceplate and popping in the old one when i switch games is no hassle, literally takes like 2-3 minutes.

On I side note, I also made and SDVX face plate to play on k-shoot mania. The layout consists of 4 white keys for 4k, 2 sideways black keys bellow for the palm holds and the 2 turntables to replace the knobs ;o

It's really become a universal controller haha
EzRemake
I recently got a Max Nighthawk x7, and its a very solid keyboard.

The interesting thing is all of the Max keyboards have NKRO over USB, which is something that isn't normally possible, but it works flawlessly.
Drace
keep in mind that usb nkro suffers from a good 6ms-12ms input lag
milky228_old

Drace wrote:

keep in mind that usb nkro suffers from a good 6ms-12ms input lag
This explains why I can't beat ss ranks I set out months ago on membrane keys with my far superior mechanical keyboard.

I use a CM Storm Quickfire TK with MX Red switches which seem to be the most popular choice here.

Also Drace it looks like your keyboard is the wrong way round in one of the pictures surely numpad should be on the right, ARGHHHH!
Drace
Haha the first image is from my stream where I flip the handshot horizontally to correctly match every finger with every lane :p

Also when switching from membrane to mech: going from bottom-out activation to mid-way activation really messes with your acc until you get used to it. I did the switch myself a while back and I still play better on my laptop 6 months later zz
Hanyuu
Since when you got a controller drace wtf is happening to this world
Drace
like 2 weeks ago kk

great things are happening to this world
Hanyuu
edit: im stupid :?
Bounce_old
Current using Razer Deathstalker.

I like it since it's chiclet, much like my laptop which I got used to, and easy to press. My only drawback is that it gets harder to press after sometime so I have to change keybounds occasionally.

If i was given the chance to change my keyboard, it'd be the ones they have at the school library. They're so good for my touch. Or Cherry MX Reds/Razer Blackwidow Stealth.
Waisse
Drace how did you get that IIDX controller I want one too TT.
Btw is it better than mech keyboard ? Any special thing to use it like special usb cable ?

EDIT : found this : http://www.twitch.tv/xdrace/c/4017117
Holy **** this is awesome !
show more