forum

Good manga/manhwa to read??

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cynnnn
I really want to pick up reading. Regular novels don't do it for me since I get lost in the words and end up losing where I was at or I just don't retain what I read.

So I would really love it if you guys could recommend some Manga, Manhwa or light novels.

I'm into pretty much anything but I especially love a good romance/slice of life or action.
tr0v3rt
I'm reading Bakuman right now and so far it's amazing. It's from the same author as Death Note but a completely different vibe. It's about two young aspiring manga creators, trying to compete in the mainstream manga industry.

Chica Umino has made some of the best slice of life work I've ever read. Stuff like Sangatsu no Lion/Honey and Clover.

The Bungo Stray Dogs light novels are pretty good too.
Patatitta
I don't know if you mean both slice of life and romance together, or if those two genres separate

so, for romance, I recommend bloom into you, it's a yuri, if you don't want yuri you can read I sold my life for ten thousand yen per year, it's really good.

For slice of life, you can read shimeji simulation/girls last tour, but if you mean the more cute girls doing cute things type of slice of life I recommend the manga for yuru camp and machikado mazoku.
stevennnn

tr0v3rt wrote:

I'm reading Bakuman right now and so far it's amazing. It's from the same author as Death Note but a completely different vibe. It's about two young aspiring manga creators, trying to compete in the mainstream manga industry.

Chica Umino has made some of the best slice of life work I've ever read. Stuff like Sangatsu no Lion/Honey and Clover.

omggg i loved bakuman as a kid. so good!!! best manga about making manga there is
Patatitta

stevennnn wrote:

tr0v3rt wrote:

omggg i loved bakuman as a kid. so good!!! best manga about making manga there is
allow me to disagree, bakuman has a very skewed perception torwards manga creation, it places commercial success above all else, in fact, at the start of the manga they show the two protagonist have talents to do whatever the fuck they wanted, yet, they aim to get into the shounen jump because that is where the money was, bakuman is like those youtube videos about "why is this movie so good" and they only focus on the box office sales. Guess where this manga was published?, in shounen jump, guess what magazine has probably the worst working conditions in the industry?, shounen jump.

Also the female characters are awfully written but what can you say, same creator as death note

read blank canvas, it's way better, also realistic (it's autobiographical), something that bakuman isn't.

also: I agree with the recommendation of chica umino, 3gatsu no lion is on the upper echelon of slice of life and manga in general, it's so good
Puppet
akame ga kill manga was pretty good imo and the light novel of 'i want to eat your pancreas' is goated as well
Stomiks
Dunno about you but I'm hooked on Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint. It's like a power fantasy but with writing so great I spent 2 days just binge reading the manhwa and caught up to chapter 200.
felisa

Cynnnn wrote:

I really want to pick up reading. Regular novels don't do it for me since I get lost in the words and end up losing where I was at or I just don't retain what I read.

So I would really love it if you guys could recommend some Manga, Manhwa or light novels.

I'm into pretty much anything but I especially love a good romance/slice of life or action.
you should read "who made me a princess", it's perfect.
Jangsoodlor
frieren manga is pretty good, as a person who read that manga before the anime came out
Rezq Gokou

Stomiks wrote:

Dunno about you but I'm hooked on Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint. It's like a power fantasy but with writing so great I spent 2 days just binge reading the manhwa and caught up to chapter 200.
I love that manhwa, there is also another work by the author that go manhwa adaptation called The World After the Fall. It's not as good compared to ORV but it's solid enough imo.