13.33%
other
13.33%
Total votes: 15
Topic Starter
Jangsoodlor
or its predecessors / derivatives?
Winnyace
None. I use VSCode mostly because of the ease of use. Neovim is great, but setting up and staying on top of that is annoying. The JetBrains IDEs are nice and I use them from time to time, especially when it comes to C/C++ and Java, but they're really heavy and the fact CLion is behind a license kills it for me after I finish my studies (we got free JetBrains licenses during study years). The rest I haven't used for programming or are weird.

TL;DR Microsoft Word best
lostsilver
notepad
MistressRemilia
Emacs has been my favorite for a LONG time.
Topic Starter
Jangsoodlor

Winnyace wrote:

we got free JetBrains licenses during study years
Same man. except I never really used their product and do everything in VSCode cuz they're too heavy
WitherMite
Literally only ever used vscode and notepad/np++ so far

So vscode i guess
Patatitta
it's clearly microsoft word and honestly I don't know how detached from reality you need to be to suggest anything else

Word is used for EVERYTHING. You write your resume in it, you do business project in it, you do school work in it. It's a powerful piece of software (except when interacting with images but again I think that is the only one that supports it) with some very useful tools (like adding an index and a cover, that shit makes your work look professional in no time), that's very easy to use, really good UI, and is also very accessible, because even if you cant for some reason use word, you have a lot of clones like libreoffice or google docs

VScode instead is purely for code and only for code, even sublimetext that also works for code can be used like notepad to just note things, VScode is powerful for code yes, but even while you're working on a project, you still need to create a plan a if you're using it in a professional scenario you also probably have to create documentation for your work, and guess in what are you going to create that documentation?, word.

The only way vscode would be better than word is if you elevate the act of writing code above every other scenario like daily life applications or even professional applications because even novels are written in word.
Nuuskamuikkunen
LibreOffice

Like word but open source and free.
B0ii
sometimes notepad, sometimes vscode
Behrauder

B0ii wrote:

sometimes notepad, sometimes vscode
Karmine
Notepad and vscode for txt/code and Word for serious stuff.

I've used JetBrains stuff too but same as everyone only when studying and they weren't that good considering it's paid. Vscode with the right extensions does better in many cases.
SupaSazyCassidy
I use Google Docs.
great_elmo
I use old school wordpad and for school Google Docs.