forum

Gyze, how to destroy an image

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
reffty_gag
idk how to do it, cuz the image r so cringe and trash that i want to destroy it using a saw and a fire, but how ??????
MistressRemilia
Throw the entire computer and monitor into a fire. Also the router and network cables that delivered the image. Then put the remains in a bucket and place it outside with a sign that says "IMAGES: BEWARE" so that other cringe images are scared off.
Patatitta
call an exorcist and let them do spells on your pc
Winnyace
Write the output of /dev/urandom in the file.
burgernfat
Send your computer to Kosovo
Reyalp51
link rot
Winnyace

Winnyace wrote:

Actually, I was curious how you could do that and I've learnt how. This is for Linux stuff because that's what I use, so yeah. Here are the steps to completely overwrite any file you want with random data that makes no sense:

1. Find the file size in bytes with du -b <file-here>
  2. Run dd, with the input being /dev/urandom (which should be present on any Linux system) and the output being the file with dd if=/dev/urandom of=<file-here> bs=<file-size-in-bytes-here> count=1 status=progress
if=/dev/urandom is the input file
of=<file-here> is the output file
bs=<bytes> is the size of output file. This is why we ran du -b <file> before
count=1 is telling dd to do this once
status=progress is telling dd to output the progress of its operation. It isn't necessary here since it should be done in an instant
Topic Starter
reffty_gag

Winnyace wrote:

Winnyace wrote:

Actually, I was curious how you could do that and I've learnt how. This is for Linux stuff because that's what I use, so yeah. Here are the steps to completely overwrite any file you want with random data that makes no sense:

2. Run dd, with the input being /dev/urandom (which should be present on any Linux system) and the output being the file with dd if=/dev/urandom of=<file-here> bs=<file-size-in-bytes-here> count=1 status=progress
status=progress is telling dd to output the progress of its operation. It isn't necessary here since it should be done in an instant
goated
emajakolic
Grab a hammer and destroy your pc
I AM VERY SMART
Put sulfuric acid on your pc.
ColdTooth

Winnyace wrote:

Winnyace wrote:

this is great information

how do i save my marriage in linux
Winnyace

ColdTooth wrote:

We sadly can't do that in Linux. There's... this thing.. though...

ColdTooth

Winnyace wrote:

ColdTooth wrote:

We sadly can't do that in Linux. There's... this thing.. though...

Hmmm... a perfect choice!(?)