forum

Who should I ask this question to in OT?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Rynn ]
(sorry if this is clickbait or whatever tf you call it)

To give you some context, i have a POCO F3 since September-October(?) 2021 and i have some issues with it, those being:

-My mic has very intense white noise sometimes
-My device sometimes crash multiple times a day, and i couldn't get it to turn on for 20-40 minutes in some cases
-I previously had problems with the keyboard but it seems to have been okay as of now
-I have issues with my mobile data:
--It couldn't detect my sim card after restarting (sometimes, might also be the sim card's problem)
--It wouldn't even let me turn it on, even if im not in airplane mode (happens quite often)

Question is:

Should i repair my phone OR replace it with a new phone?

Keep in mind that im living in Europe currently and the official xiaomi shop that i know is in France, and i'm not going to repair my phone in Finland so the only available option i have is in the Netherlands as most of my relatives live there.

or if you think getting a new one would be better, im on a budget as im underaged. I really dont want to get a samsung again as my previous experiences with samsung are not so pleasant, so i would like to try an iPhone this time if possible (so far I'm interested in iPhone 11/13 pro, i really want the 13 one so hopefully the price would drop w the iPhone 16 release).

Oh yea, i also prefer to have a good camera and some decent specs to play genshin and other mobile games. 256gb memory would work just fine.

I'd like to hear suggestions from y'all. Thanks :)
sametdze
not me
I AM VERY SMART
I've never used a Xiaomi in my life so I can't tell if it's better or worse than the phone I have (a Samsung), but getting an iPhone could be the solution for your problem thanks to the high quality and best features it has to offer. The only problem are the price and the battery that drains faster than usual, otherwise it's just perfect.
Lapizote
xiaomi user here (note 10)

honestly sounds like a MIUI issue (i absolutely despise MIUI), you could first try looking up how to fix it software-side or flash a custom rom (if you know what you are doing)

but if its really unfixable on your end, consider bringing it to a third party phone repair shop first. i hate seeing electronics just being thrown away as e-waste

if you really want a new phone though, consider a google pixel if you can get one
Topic Starter
[ Rynn ]

Lapizote wrote:

xiaomi user here (note 10)

honestly sounds like a MIUI issue (i absolutely despise MIUI), you could first try looking up how to fix it software-side or flash a custom rom (if you know what you are doing)

but if its really unfixable on your end, consider bringing it to a third party phone repair shop first. i hate seeing electronics just being thrown away as e-waste

if you really want a new phone though, consider a google pixel if you can get one
any ideas on how to fix it?
pawxed
Replace the phone, poco has a lot of issue
Winnyace
Talk with parents about the issues you're having with your phone and tell them that you are unsure how to proceed. These issues seem like they run pretty deep down. Such a repair will be pretty costly.
Topic Starter
[ Rynn ]

Winnyace wrote:

Talk with parents about the issues you're having with your phone and tell them that you are unsure how to proceed. These issues seem like they run pretty deep down. Such a repair will be pretty costly.
yea... i had a talk with them, and it will be quite pricey considering the problems i have. If the price would be no much difference w an iPhone (around 100-200€) i'd rather buy a new one tbh. They have also considered that I should buy a new one, but i dont want to throw 200€ away just for a phone with the same quality, thus im quite unsure which phone to buy that is budget-friendly.
Patatitta
btw, if you're going to get a new phone, I heavily recommend that you try building it yourself using stick and stones, that way, the gov cant spy on you
Winnyace

[ Rynn ] wrote:

Winnyace wrote:

yea... i had a talk with them, and it will be quite pricey considering the problems i have. If the price would be no much difference w an iPhone (around 100-200€) i'd rather buy a new one tbh. They have also considered that I should buy a new one, but i dont want to throw 200€ away just for a phone with the same quality, thus im quite unsure which phone to buy that is budget-friendly.
I mean, that's how things are sadly. Although, I would say that I haven't had issues like you and I have phones in the same price point. You can look for SH phones too. Maybe you will find something nice there.

Patatitta wrote:

btw, if you're going to get a new phone, I heavily recommend that you try building it yourself using stick and stones, that way, the gov cant spy on you
fr fr
Topic Starter
[ Rynn ]

Patatitta wrote:

alr sir
- Marco -

Patatitta wrote:

real