forum

Mod : Distraction

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +42
Topic Starter
_DG
I was thinking about this mod that could or could not be in osu. Or, I don't know

DISTRACTION MOD : Like what the name says, it distracts you during gameplay

• How it works in:

STANDARD
    As you play, certain circles start to split into two different circles: One is the original circle that you must click, and the other a grey circle which is the fake circle.
    Sliders that are curved will have the end of a slider move into a different direction, but grey in colour. Those which are straight, well they just move in the opposite direction of the orignal slider.
    Fake, grey spinners appear behind the real spinner and zoom inwards at different speeds. Also, groups of grey circles and sliders that came from previous sections of the song before the spinner appear while the player is spinning.
    Warning arrows appear at different times when there is actually no breaks.
    Actual combo hides behind a fake combo that starts from 0x, or combos that decrease from eg. 1145x to 0x.
    Combobursts appearing at random times, appearing from both sides of screen, or just upside down.
    Screen shakes a bit after a finish hitsound

TAIKO
    Grey, fake beats appearing a few pixels away from the original.
    The decreasing combo feature like STANDARD.
    Before a kiai time, a vertical blue line that goes from top to bottom flashes leftward, but still allowing to see the incoming beats.
    Before the end of kiai time, the screen begins to zoom slowly towards the drum, but goes back to normal after kiai time ends.

MANIA
    Dark grey notes appearing inside a hold slider.
    Zooming into the judgement line before the end of kiai time and going back to normal.
    Dark grey notes appearing during a break until the end where the new actual notes come in.

CATCH THE BEAT
    Fake grey fruits appearing from the top, or fruits literally sliced into two where one turns to grey and the other grows back to normal.
    Before the beginning of a kiai time, blue lines like in TAIKO drop down to the bottom of the screen and speeds up the closer the kiai time comes in.
    During a kiai time, the screen shakes gently like a minor explosion, but not so much that the player will break a combo.
    Actual health bar fades into the background and a fake health bar appears with low on health, but the actualy health bar is below the fake one as a thin line.
    The Ryuuta(I think that's what it's called) splits into the original one that you can control and a fake one that is grey in colour and just dashes around a lot.
Well, this is what I think, but is it too much of a mod?
Piine
TheVileOne
I like it. peppy make it happen!
Trash Boat

Sulker wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/48738
holy crap that map. why it isnt ranked yet? just because its fake?
jesse1412
Unranked? sounds good.
FrzR
=w=)b
buny
I don't think many people would play it, unless it gave a score multiplier.
Trash Boat
it does give a score multiplier but we are fine with Fake It. they just have to rank it
tsundoll
There already is a distraction mod. It's called playing with the video on.
Trash Boat
that's not a mod, that's a fact
ColdTooth
this will be interesting if it ever comes into play

Maybe an option in editor to add distractions when the mod is enabled
DENKOUSEKKA
To be honest, It wouldn't be very fun if this mod was added with a score multiplier but I would like it if it was just as a fun mod. (Just my opinion)
uzzi
Can't see this being a ranked mod. Though, I'm all in for a fun mod!
Sunlyx
step 1. options
step 2. tick all the boxes
step 3. background dim 0%
step 4. video on
step 5. ta-da

but in all seriousness, i think this would just be a 'for the lols' mod.
i dont think anyone would actually use this cause of it's.. well distraction.
osu's a simple and a nice and fun game as it is, and i think the current mods provide plenty for the user to deal with (especially fl) so yeah .
TheVileOne
I think it would be good if it had 1.00x multiplier. If it were unranked, then what's the point. It can't possibly make the song easier, so why not make it worth the same as no mods.
Shiho-rin
Well, its not really a BAD idea, but not alot of players would use it even if it comes out. Plus, in my view, if i get distracted, its not really "entertainment". Just makes me angry.
BUT, this could just be a "training" mod where ppl use it to see how much they "know" they map. I think that would be okay. OR it could just be an unranked fun mod.
But yeah, I don't really approve of this mod. >x>
Sunlyx
I had a random thought while spectating something, but I think there should be a mod like this that cancels out the skin's colours and like idk disables the followpoints make it harder and stuff. Shouldn't have any like score multiplier to it or anything cause its like the person's choice on how to play.

But yeah, distractions you listed are kinda extreme (looking at osu standard only) im pretty sure the mods provided already are pretty challenging enough.
Oinari-sama
While this request isn't that attractive to me as a standard mod, it could have better implementation as a mp mode. It would be fun to have a distraction mode, where the players are given certain number of "lives" (-1 life for every miss) and competing for the highest combo.
DENKOUSEKKA

Oinari-sama wrote:

While this request isn't that attractive to me as a standard mod, it could have better implementation as a mp mode. It would be fun to have a distraction mode, where the players are given certain number of "lives" (-1 life for every miss) and competing for the highest combo.
I'm liking this idea
Chamelo
Let me off-topic for a post.

Sulker wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/48738
Surprisingly, this hold note was used in osu!stream!