forum

Phosphor - [STD/CTB/Mania | 16:9 | HD/SD]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Miorine

Made for the Unchained skinning contest.

Named for the luminescent coating used in CRT monitors, Phosphor is an homage to early personal computers from the early-to-mid 80s.

This skin supports Standard, Catch, and Mania 1-9k gamemodes. Unfortunately Taiko didn't quite work with the overlay gimmick, despite my best efforts.

A 16:9 resolution setting is required to use this skin. For best results, use 100% background dim, enable "Always Show Key Overlay," and use the pie progress display. A score meter size of at least 1.5x is also recommended for best visibility.

- Screenshots -

- Download -

(Optional extras include a cyan cursor, and an alternate scorebar that allows visible scoreboard at all times.)

- Video Showcase -

Changelog
Version 1.1
  1. Improved compatibility with cuttingedge
  2. Fix incorrectly colored Target Practice mod
Version 1.0
  1. Initial release
GhoztTime
It's out!! Hell yeah 👏 wishing you top3 in unchained
Ariizu
Wooo! Good Luck!! ´・ᴗ・`
Chromasia
congratulations on that first place badge!
TheHyphen
She does not miss
Suletta
um. best skin ever ?? wtf
kodama
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER
Lurmog
The skin is awesome wow, sadly taiko is not skinned :( i would love to see a taiko version
NeverNever
wait what the fuck, this is so cool omg. Truly an unchained skin
Topic Starter
Miorine

Lurmog wrote:

The skin is awesome wow, sadly taiko is not skinned :( i would love to see a taiko version
I would have loved to support Taiko too! Unfortunately it isn't very compatible with the overlay gimmick, since the same scorebar is forced for every gamemode. The right side of the screen gets cut off due to the overlay, and the Taiko playfield overlaps into the key overlay cutout, which looks bad.
kymbrly
Amazing skin and concept! However scores on the left side are covered by the overlay, is there any way to work them in?
Topic Starter
Miorine

kymbrly wrote:

Amazing skin and concept! However scores on the left side are covered by the overlay, is there any way to work them in?
I've updated the download to include an "- Extras -" folder inside the skin which includes an optional alternative overlay to make the scoreboard more visible. You just need to swap those files into the main directory of the skin.

It compromises the aesthetics a bit, so I'd still like for the default version of the skin to remain the same, since many players turn off scoreboard anyways.

Edit: This has been moved to a separate folder in the download link in order to lower filesize of the skin itself. Turns out including multiple versions of one of the heaviest files in the skin wasn't a great idea...
-Starlight
Skin of the century omg
RinChanMeow
haha compy
TinyZfun
Holy mind blown! This is like the windows xp skin but actually viable in everyday use. IN fact, think Ill use this as my new default skin.
_nvm
ngl, best skin i ever seen
chamezard
Hmm, someone made an IBM PC/XT skins, but I have a problem in lazer (nah, I just testing for fun). But it's good, no problem.
Topic Starter
Miorine

chamezard wrote:

Hmm, someone made an IBM PC/XT skins, but I have a problem in lazer (nah, I just testing for fun). But it's good, no problem.
Yeah Lazer skinning is still pretty messy right now, unfortunately. I did tweak stuff as best I could for gameplay though. Just make sure your UI scaling setting is set to 1.0x.

Hopefully we'll get scaling anchors in Lazer before too long so you're not forced to use 1.0x scaling for many legacy skins...
lilrawk
this slaps so goddamn hard, well done!
FriLejd
Winner.
show more