forum

Confess II: Confess Harder

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ikikaera

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

Educational snip
Thanks for your efforts. It's extremely hard to imagine things when it comes to these sizes though.
DaddyCoolVipper

Chris9427 wrote:

Thanks for your efforts. It's extremely hard to imagine things when it comes to these sizes though.
The vastness of space is really mind-blowing stuff. I can barely grasp the sheer scale of the Earth and the Moon, and comparisons of the sun to a star like VY Canis Majoris.

And then of course there's the density of it all, like the tiny patch of the sky magnified a ton to find this:

The Universe is really damn amazing.
Trash Boat
there's also a theory that the universe could be finite instead of infinite, but from here to the limits of this universe there's a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way, if its true
Shellghost
Anyone not subscribed to Youtube channels like Vsauce and minutephysics at this point should be ashamed of themselves.
Chamelo
I don't even know one of them ;w;
Birdy
I watch Vsauce's videos every now and then but I haven't subscribed to some of my favourite people, even.
Heatspree
Could that be infamous hubble deep field? It is absolutely amazing photo and some of the galaxies in it are actually so far away that the light from them reaching us now is ancient, millions of years old so in a way we can see the past in them. Same applies to large gas formation called pillars of creation (http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/20 ... s-ago.html)
In addition to what silmarilen said, laws of physics completely break down as we know them when it comes to black holes (just fyi) as nothing infinite is supposed to exist in nature but they in fact cause space-time to curve infinitely.
Googolplex is another fascinating subject, to think it would be unlikely that another you exactly as you are wouldn't exist. There is an estimation that all the protons in existence are significantly less than one googolplex.
Jarby
Today, I thought I saw a woman cosplaying as Hatsune Miku out of the corner of my eye. Turns out she was actually just wearing a teal hijab.
Ikikaera

Static Noise Bird wrote:

I watch Vsauce's videos every now and then but I haven't subscribed to some of my favourite people, even.
Same goes to me. I still haven't subscribed Vsauce, but I watch his videos, and I really like his videos as well.
Rorona

Chris9427 wrote:

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Same goes to me. I still haven't subscribed Vsauce, but I watch his videos, and I really like his videos as well.
That's...really counter productive.
Ikikaera

Rorona wrote:

That's...really counter productive.
The most things I do are counter productive.
DaddyCoolVipper

H3nkkazz wrote:

Could that be infamous hubble deep field?
The Hubble eXtreme deep field, to be precise!

H3nkkazz wrote:

In addition to what silmarilen said, laws of physics completely break down as we know them when it comes to black holes (just fyi) as nothing infinite is supposed to exist in nature but they in fact cause space-time to curve infinitely
There has been a recent study that suggests that event horizons may not actually exist, so perhaps the infinite space-time curvature isn't real either.

Also a great website for people who like pictures of cool space stuff: http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html
NotEvenDoomMusic
dad
Ikikaera
Nvm, dogs aren't just better than cats, they're superior to cats. I fucking hate cats right now.
Hiding under my bed, and when I try to get the cat out of my room, it fucking attacks me. Now I'm bleeding. Little fucker thinks he's big.
Fucking cats.
tn5421

Chris9427 wrote:

Nvm, dogs aren't just better than cats, they're superior to cats. I fucking hate cats right now.
Hiding under my bed, and when I try to get the cat out of my room, it fucking attacks me. Now I'm bleeding. Little fucker thinks he's big.
Fucking cats.
Throw that cat SO HARD. Make sure it doesn't hit anything tho.
DaddyCoolVipper
^the fuck is wrong with you

cats are the best, your problem is the "I try to get the cat out of my room" part
Ikikaera

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

^the fuck is wrong with you

cats are the best, your problem is the "I try to get the cat out of my room" part
It was 6 am. I spent 1 hour trying to get the cat out of my room.
Now, I wouldn't mind the cat being in my room if there was a place for the cat to take a dump, but there wasn't, so the cat had to get outta my room.

-edit-
I got the cat out by baiting her with some food it likes.
Heatspree

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

H3nkkazz wrote:

Could that be infamous hubble deep field?
The Hubble eXtreme deep field, to be precise!

H3nkkazz wrote:

In addition to what silmarilen said, laws of physics completely break down as we know them when it comes to black holes (just fyi) as nothing infinite is supposed to exist in nature but they in fact cause space-time to curve infinitely
There has been a recent study that suggests that event horizons may not actually exist, so perhaps the infinite space-time curvature isn't real either.

Also a great website for people who like pictures of cool space stuff: http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is event horizon not the zone where absolutely nothing can anymore resist the gravity? How is it possible it could not exist, as there would have to be a point where not even light can not escape, just past the photon sphere?
Liiraye

GladiOol wrote:

mathexpert wrote:

This is probably a very ignorant thought to have, but why would anybody kill themselves life is such wonderful privilege to have
I wouldn't say life is a privilege to begin with. It's a gift. But even gifts can be toxic. Suicide nearly always (I'm assuming this) occurs through depression, and a depression is like a reverse nightmare. You don't fall asleep and enter a nightmare, you wake up in one. Suicide will always be a viable option in the minds of those who live like that. When the heat of your mental state pushes you to the edge, the fear of falling will be less grave than the fear of the flames in your back.
Not meaning to disrespect people who've died through suicide, I have had close people go down that path myself. These people have had terrible conditions not only at home but socially as well. Putting myself in their shoes would probably change my current position towards suicide.
However, when it comes to reasons like lets say parents scolding you by removing your internet momentarily, getting a bad grade, breaking up etc I really can't understand that.

Your life is not ruined. You're just scared of change (possibly for the better since you usually learn from mistakes you make or unfortunate things that occur).
I do realize this want for suicide is most likely a cry for attention at this stage, but those cries shouldn't go unnoticed anyway. Who knows how a kid who've lived online his entire life would react if suddenly his whole world stop spinning for him.

I do think the approach to cut something off without compromise is stupid. Teens are capable of reasoning as long as you treat them respectfully, which lots of parents overlook since they 'pay the bills' and you must obay them.
DaddyCoolVipper

H3nkkazz wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is event horizon not the zone where absolutely nothing can anymore resist the gravity? How is it possible it could not exist, as there would have to be a point where not even light can not escape, just past the photon sphere?

http://www.iflscience.com/physics/accor ... -not-exist

Shellghost

H3nkkazz wrote:

tl;dw of the above video is Event Horizons existed when only General Relativity was applied but now maybe not so much when Quantum Mechanics are thrown in.

And so what was defined as a Black Hole and it's Event Horizon can't exist anymore and needs to be redefined.
Heatspree
That was interesting, though paradoxical and weird. thanks guys
B1rd
GG life but I can't get into forums games so I can't find the will to live anymore, don't try and talk me out of it ok bye forever
DestinySonata

B1rd wrote:

GG life but I can't get into forums games so I can't find the will to live anymore, don't try and talk me out of it ok bye forever
How about you play the game ._.
B1rd
SPOILER
at school ,_,
DestinySonata
I know I shouldn't be doing this, but even at school I play...
piruchan

DestinySonata wrote:

I wish I can play at school. People drop my accuracy.
silmarilen

H3nkkazz wrote:

That was interesting, though paradoxical and weird. thanks guys
welcome to the world of modern physics
-Seren-
since there was a topic about the universe, i may as well share this thing here: http://htwins.net/scale2/
B1rd

piruchan wrote:

DestinySonata wrote:

I wish I can play at school. People drop my accuracy.

same U_U
piruchan
I believe that the country I'm living in doesn't care about the future of it's young generation.
silmarilen

-Seren- wrote:

since there was a topic about the universe, i may as well share this thing here: http://htwins.net/scale2/
i lol'd at minecraft world
Sal32

piruchan wrote:

I believe that the country I'm living in doesn't care about the future of it's young generation.
tell me more about your country~
silmarilen
im scared of picking up animals.
we've had different cats throughout my whole life (i think we didnt have one for at most 2 years and im 22) and i have never picked one up in my life.
piruchan

Sal32 wrote:

Why don't check your's? I'm pretty sure there won't be much different.

silmarilen wrote:

we've had different cats throughout my whole life (i think we didnt have one for at most 2 years and im 22) and i have never picked one up in my life.
Every animals?
Heatspree
Maybe silmarilen has doraphobia. I have mild anxiety in narrow places, but I can't understand irrational phobias on personal level.
silmarilen

piruchan wrote:

Sal32 wrote:

Why don't check your's? I'm pretty sure there won't be much different.

silmarilen wrote:

Every animals?
not every animal i think, i used to pick up snails and stuff when i was a litle kid.

H3nkkazz wrote:

Maybe silmarilen has doraphobia. I have mild anxiety in narrow places, but I can't understand irrational phobias on personal level.
nah i dont, i love cats and playing with them.
i think it's the thought of having a living thing moving in my hands/arms that scares me
Trash Boat
you're afraid of monsters, then
Jarby
I ate a bit more chocolate than I would have liked today. I've also been troubled by thoughts of suicide these last few months as my life has had very little meaning these last few years.
Trash Boat
suicide is the last thing anyone should do. I'm pretty sure you have a lot of options before that one
show more