forum

Findings of creepy/eerie things

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rhythm32
Day 1: Jeff the Killer

We are starting off with the most well known and popular creepypasta. Before being a creepypasta it was introduced to the world by a YouTuber named "Sesseur". It was later taken down when the creepypasta was first created in 2011 because it didn't meet it's standards. The thing is that this particular image is mysterious in a way. It's highly controversial. And his origin of creation is mysterious in a way that it's unverifiable.

Here's some explanatory paragraphs from the Creepypasta Fandom Wiki

Who is he?

Jeff the Killer, born Jeffery Woods, is the titular main protagonist turned to the main antagonist of the 2011 (and 2015 revamped) Creepypasta story of the same title "Jeff the Killer" and "Jeff the Killer 2015"

He is an adolescent serial killer and registered Creepypasta. He was disfigured after being set on fire while fighting a gang of bullies and lost his sanity after witnessing his "new" and "beautiful" face.

Sesseur's Version

On October 3rd, 2008, a YouTuber named "Sesseur" uploaded a video called "Jeff the Killer [Original Story]". This video came out before the famous Creepypasta was even written. In the original video, the song 'I Guess You're Right', by The Posies, can be heard playing in the background. Sesseur claims he is the one who created Jeff the Killer and that every internet story about Jeff the Killer is fake, including the famous Creepypasta story. He claims Jeff never had an incident with bullies or bleach. Instead, he claims that Jeff was hauling a gallon of acid into his bathroom to clean out his bathtub but slipped on a bar of soap and the acid splashed all over his face and he was taken to a hospital when the neighbors heard his cries. And apparently, in Sessuer's original version of Jeff the Killer, Jeff never murdered Liu or his parents and his full canon name is Jeffrey C. Hodek, not "Jeffrey Alan Woods".

Jeff the Killer - 2015 Remake

In response to criticism of the 2011 Creepypasta "Jeff the Killer," a 2015 remake was created by K. Banning Kellum, winning a competition to produce a more realistic and frightening version. The remake, available on various platforms including the Creepypasta website, retains the original characters and plot elements but alters Jeff's deformed face and provides ages for Jeff and his brother Liu. Kellum's remake received praise, leading to a sequel being developed by another user, Kevin Tierney, focusing on the character Jane the Killer.

The Controversial Image

The true origin of the original Jeff the Killer image remains shrouded in mystery and controversy. While some initially attributed it to a woman named "Katy Robinson" who allegedly committed suicide due to cyberbullying, this narrative has been debunked. The actual creator, Sesseur, confirmed in a 2015 interview that the image is of himself wearing a white latex mask, but this assertion was also found to be false. The earliest confirmed sighting of the image dates back to 2005 on a Japanese message board, pya.cc, where Sesseur posted it alongside another image, claiming the alternate version was his original design concept. Despite Sesseur's connection to the creation of Jeff the Killer, the true identity of the person in the image and its connection to Japan's internet culture remain unknown.

Another theory posited by some /b/ users suggests that the image may depict a woman named "Victoria," who streamed on Stickam in 2005 and used /b/ for self-promotion. After a user posted a screenshot of her face with the caption "Am I pretty?" and received a photoshopped response, the woman ceased streaming and disappeared from the internet. While this version of events remains speculative, it adds to the complex web of theories surrounding the enigmatic origins of the Jeff the Killer image, leaving the true story behind its creation still unverifiable.

To summarise he's a serial killer who's actual origin of his creation is a mystery and is still to date is unverifiable. If you find any source which contributes to its existence or creation then it'll be a big help to understand him as a character.

Helpful posts by our generous users.

keremaru wrote:

really funny thing
mutahar made a video about the original image behind this (before being photoshoppped, ofc) might be lost media
i didn't really look into the video much, but there's a subreddit trying to find the unedited image

you can look into it yourself if you want
(though i wouldn't expect much out of it)

How much would you rate him out of 10 stars? (In terms of lore, fame and realness or the possibility that this could be real)

My rating: 7/10

Main source: https://creepypastafiles.fandom.com/wiki/Jeff_the_Killer and ChatGPT 3.5 for summarisation.

PS: I'll try my best to do good research and maintain this everyday. I hope.
Ymir
Jeff is a classic, does have an interesting story. Definitely better than modern creepypastas like Sirenhead.
keremaru
really funny thing
mutahar made a video about the original image behind this (before being photoshoppped, ofc) might be lost media
i didn't really look into the video much, but there's a subreddit trying to find the unedited image

her everything

keremaru wrote:

really funny thing

the original image before jeff the killer looks creepy af :cry:
Topic Starter
Rhythm32
Users are encouraged to give a rating out of 10. :)
Scyla
A blob fish
Topic Starter
Rhythm32
Also tomorrow's one is going to be more distributing because it's gonna be about the famous "Hello Kitty Murder Case." Which happened on Hong Kong at Spring of 1999. Ratings are going to be turned off as this is highly sensitive for some users. And that it'll be a bit inhuman to rate such things. Ratings will be ON for fictious things ONLY.

Edit: Idea dropped for the time being. Tomorrow is gonna be something fictional.
cephaphysic
tbh i was amongst the people who thought jeff the killer was a good story once, but it really doesn't hold up. read more like a teenager's power fantasy. probably give it a 3/10

the image paired with it, however? actually kinda unnerving. offputting? something like that. would like to know who (actually) made it because iirc the only person who claimed it was lying

>>

Rhythm32 wrote:

Also tomorrow's one is going to be more distributing because it's gonna be about the famous "Hello Kitty Murder Case." Which happened on Hong Kong at Spring of 1999. Ratings are going to be turned off as this is highly sensitive for some users. And that it'll be a bit inhuman to rate such things. Ratings will be ON for fictious things ONLY.
not sure how much you want to go straight from funny internet creepypasta to actual real-life murder with extra bits
Topic Starter
Rhythm32

Rhythm32 wrote:

cephaphysic wrote:

not sure how much you want to go straight from funny internet creepypasta to actual real-life murder with extra bits
That's why I was having second thoughts about this. I still haven't decided about tomorrow's (thing). I think it would be better to talk about this once many days have passed in this.
Ymir
Why not, true-crime is also interesting. You made a mistake linking the article though, because I already read it.
Topic Starter
Rhythm32

Ymir wrote:

Why not, true-crime is also interesting. You made a mistake linking the article though, because I already read it.
I personally think that fandom wikis are great reference material.
cephaphysic
i like reading about true crime and that sort of stuff, it's just jarring to see it mentioned right after a creepypasta
Patatitta
what about winnie the pooh blood and honey
Ymir
As long as the true-crime entries are given more respect and care than the creepypastas, I find it alright.
lostsilver
jeff was actually my introduction into the creepypasta genre, and he's pretty cool
10/10

oh and yea, i know about his image backstory
pretty interesting ngl
cephaphysic
eh yeah he can write about it after the creepypasta if he wants to, it was just something i noticed
Topic Starter
Rhythm32
Today's topic: I feel fantastic.

Some of you may know, some of you may not. This eerie robotic song with late 90's vibe will surely make you feel creeped out. In this one I have to dive deeper.

Stay tuned.
lostsilver
i feel fantastic is one of my favorites, tbh! it gives me an uncanny vibe that i really like :3
Manishh
I am a serial killer
reffty_gag
If you remove the blur thing, you will see 666 girl

show more