forum

Has anyone solved their problem by themselves, because asking people a question doesn't work?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MrMcMikey22
It sure has happened to me way too many times...

Where instead of a meaningful reply that I get, I either get nonsense or worse, literally nothing.

So yeah, that's how I basically manage to do it all by myself.

By just doing all of the work that I'd even struggle doing so anyway, because screw these people. -.-
lostsilver
sometimes yea
Hachiman Ryouta
Yes, all my life.
Nanofranne
Of course. When it comes to drawing, this is often times how I perform
ClevelandsMyBro
most of the time, yea
Patatitta
people SUCK ASSSSS!!!!!!!!! THEY'RE NOT HELPFUL!!!!!!!!!

I have absolutely no clue what the fuck are you talking about, if you mean like school work or whatever tha they don't help you, I can see that happening, it's more work and everyone is lazy. But if they are personal problems, then it's logical that they aren't able to help since they don't unerstand the full scope of your problem or all the context or whatever, so all the advice they can give is very surface level stuff
Karmine

Patatitta wrote:

I have absolutely no clue what the fuck are you talking about, if you mean like school work or whatever tha they don't help you, I can see that happening, it's more work and everyone is lazy. But if they are personal problems, then it's logical that they aren't able to help since they don't unerstand the full scope of your problem or all the context or whatever, so all the advice they can give is very surface level stuff
That's only partially true.
Sometimes you have to put in extra work to do something because the people who could help you, even if it would require no effort on their part, decide not to.
Like when you ask a question they'll tell you to "google it" sometimes because they don't know the answer but sometimes because they simply refuse to tell and would rather you waste your time looking for the answer.
I've seen that happen many times so it's not even an isolated case.
Patatitta

Karmine wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Sometimes you have to put in extra work to do something because the people who could help you, even if it would require no effort on their part, decide not to.
Like when you ask a question they'll tell you to "google it" sometimes because they don't know the answer but sometimes because they simply refuse to tell and would rather you waste your time looking for the answer.
yeah it's a generalization, but my point is that often people don't do that out of being evil or whatever, they just do that because of some other reasons that are justified, if you were set in that same situation but on the other side, it's likely that everyone would have reacted the same way

it's not a "other people bad" problem
Lyawi
I like to ask people. Even though I'm more of an introvert, it opens up good conversations about the things you're actually interested in. And then it might happen you experience someone being not friendly to you, that's where you learned a lesson: won't ask them again, not worth my time! Friendly people always appreciate it when you ask them!
cephaphysic

Patatitta wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

yeah it's a generalization, but my point is that often people don't do that out of being evil or whatever, they just do that because of some other reasons that are justified, if you were set in that same situation but on the other side, it's likely that everyone would have reacted the same way

it's not a "other people bad" problem
i'd figure it's still bad if, for personal problems, someone doesn't even try to understand further and just gives up the moment their advice or whatever they default to isn't helpful. i know not everyone has the time, and if you're not close to someone (and they're not a professional) there's absolutely no reason to expect them to help you with such things, but otherwise couldn't they at least try? at the very least they're giving someone the opportunity to vent out their frustrations in full

>>

i prefer figuring things out on my own (if i can't search up what i'm looking for), but that's more me not wanting to interact with people. i don't expect much from people either, though
NissingMo
Best to have a solid foundation to problem solve. Because at the end of the day the only constant in your life is you. Ask for help when you need to split the load, but don’t expect anything.

If it works out, great! Be grateful, and appreciative. But if no one will help, the problems don’t solve themselves.
Patatitta

NissingMo wrote:

Best to have a solid foundation to problem solve. Because at the end of the day the only constant in your life is you. Ask for help when you need to split the load, but don’t expect anything.

If it works out, great! Be grateful, and appreciative. But if no one will help, the problems don’t solve themselves.
yeah, this is a good philosophy and also what I was kinda trying to say before, a lot of problems are personal, and often, even when explaining your situation to someone, you cant expect them to understand all the context of the problem. They don't know how you act or react to certain things, or what are you willing or not willing to do, asking people will give you more general advice or just things that worked for them in a similar situation, but at the end of the day, you must do it yourself, it's not that the other people are assholes and don't help or whatever, is just that they're unable to help any further
cephaphysic
i mean yeah if, even after having everything laid out in front of them - and especially if they've tried multiple things - they can't help, it's fair enough and you'll just have to deal with it yourself. however, i find a lot of people will just give up before they know for sure they can't do anything helpful. they just stop at whatever they usually try and never bother with another approach. i guess it comes down to weak problem-solving skills, a lack of knowledge (and sometimes unwillingness to learn more), and such things
B0ii
yes, and way too many times
Jangsoodlor

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

Where instead of a meaningful reply that I get, I either get nonsense or worse, literally nothing.
"People" are either
  1. Lack the expertise to solve the problem you're asking them to solve. Aka. they literally don't know how. In this case, you'd better off go asking the right people who knows. Except when they're
  2. Busy; minding their own businesses. So they don't have time to "care". In that case, congratulations! that's how society works.

NissingMo wrote:

Because at the end of the day the only constant in your life is you. Ask for help when you need to split the load, but don’t expect anything.

This.
[-Omni-]
depends on the question you're asking.
Avian dinosaur
That is the default for me in programming and that may be the mindset I have that I force myself to solve problems I made when programming. At first because of unavailable internet, then of the stack overflow downvote meme then very specific things that I made that no one would be able to quickly understand my problem.