forum

Who inspired you to play catch?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GlitchNoodles
Me personally, seeing videos on YouTube regarding players like abstract's DTHD FC's made me interested in catch and playing DT with it in general. I'm curious for anyone else reading this
C2W
Nobody tbh, I discovered this mode by myself. But after watching ExGon's gameplay, I realize how mind-blowing this mode could be.
his everything
ExGon by far
Topic Starter
GlitchNoodles

sutheman wrote:

Nobody tbh, I discovered this mode by myself. But after watching ExGon's gameplay, I realize how mind-blowing this mode could be.
That's fair, yeah ExGon sparked an lot of people playing catch
Chezza Tweedy
none of it, but i've started discovering this mode and then became my favorite in-game mode to play
Topic Starter
GlitchNoodles

BlueTheWolfy wrote:

none of it, but i've started discovering this mode and then became my favorite in-game mode to play
Fair enough, This was the last game mode I tried when I was done with osu and glad I didn't overlook
Edgar_Figaro
yeah nobody in particular I just decided to try the mode and while it wasn't immediate I did eventually get hooked on it.
MrSparklepants
EzGon and Millhioref

You don't really see many EZHTPF(FL) players, I wonder why
CatzerTM
Got bored of playing std and found it very hard to improve with my setup at the time so I moved to other gamemodes and this one seemed to intrigued me the most. While I'm not as active in this mode as I once was I'm still grateful for what it to offer both in terms of the community and the game itself
Kitsuka
I tried the other gamemodes since I wasn't improving much on Standard (PF probably wasn't helping much) and I got hooked by Catch very quickly, so I kept playing it.

In that case, I guess nobody really inspired me to start playing Catch, but I always had a lot of respect and admiration for SS & score farmers due to their dedication.
BlueChinchompa
Seeing Syu (ctb #1 score farmer) streams and tweets made me inspired to get better.
now im choking some 4* fc's before that I could barely do 2*
Topic Starter
GlitchNoodles

CatzerTM wrote:

Got bored of playing std and found it very hard to improve with my setup at the time so I moved to other gamemodes and this one seemed to intrigued me the most. While I'm not as active in this mode as I once was I'm still grateful for what it to offer both in terms of the community and the game itself
Bad setup gang, for the longest time catch only supported my 60hz 3.5ms playstyle xD
his everything

MrSparklepants wrote:

EzGon and Millhioref

You don't really see many EZHTPF(FL) players, I wonder why
Didn't know that MillhioreF was also a CTB player, sounds great
C2W

GlitchNoodles wrote:

CatzerTM wrote:

Bad setup gang, for the longest time catch only supported my 60hz 3.5ms playstyle xD
idk but I always thinks of ctb is also resource intensive, and playing with 3.5 ms is insane, I feel a lot of lag when delay is 1.5ms, not even half of yours.
[- -]

sutheman wrote:

GlitchNoodles wrote:

CatzerTM wrote:

idk but I always thinks of ctb is also resource intensive, and playing with 3.5 ms is insane, I feel a lot of lag when delay is 1.5ms, not even half of yours.
Compared to other osu! gamemodes, it is.
Nikolai

K 3 V R A L wrote:

sutheman wrote:

GlitchNoodles wrote:

CatzerTM wrote:

ctb is pay to win gamemode
[- -]

Nikolai wrote:

K 3 V R A L wrote:

sutheman wrote:

GlitchNoodles wrote:

CatzerTM wrote:

ctb is pay to win gamemode
ctb is rng trash gamemode
Topic Starter
GlitchNoodles

sutheman wrote:

GlitchNoodles wrote:

CatzerTM wrote:

tell me about, with my new pc I get 0.35 ms playing and it is def a huge difference it's not even funny
C2W

K 3 V R A L wrote:

tbh I don't know why the distribution of droplets are randomized, it's just silly and really frustrating for mapping.
[- -]

sutheman wrote:

K 3 V R A L wrote:

tbh I don't know why the distribution of droplets are randomized, it's just silly and really frustrating for mapping.
I think it adds flavour to the maps. But, that's not what I only mean by saying ctb is rng trash.
show more