33.33%
No
33.33%
To an extant
33.33%
Total votes: 15
Topic Starter
[ Sebastian ]
Sometimes I'll experience something called FOMO, or the Fear of Missing Out.

For the people who don't know, I was born in 2006. But for a while now I've wished to be born in the late 90s. Why? Because being a kid in the 2000s and a teenager in the early 2010s sounds cool to me. I would've experienced a lot of cool things like the beginning of YouTube, Roblox, Minecraft, Osu, etc. What doesn't help is that I'm terrified of becoming an adult nowadays. There's a lot of stuff like the Ruso-Ukrainian War, the high gas prices, every world leader being incompetent, etc. I'm now only a couple years away from having to deal with that. I don't know how to end this post, so here's an ending: eybdooG
179bpm
kinda

also isn’t it fomo
Patatitta
doesn't happen to me

also fomo is to miss something right now
Nuuskamuikkunen
FOMO is fear of missing out of stuff while you're away from a group of people. It's like not visiting OT for a week and fearing you are missing out of good threads while you are not there. As far as I know.

Either way, for pretty much everything there is the fact you have little to no control over it. It's hard to accept it, but it's better if you learn to live how you are now.
Jangsoodlor

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

There's a lot of stuff like the Ruso-Ukrainian War, the high gas prices, every world leader being incompetent, etc.
This is one of the few instances when I'm feeling lucky to be born in geopolitically unimportant country surrounded by less competent countries (Myanmar is in a civil war for like 70 years straight, Laos is a small landlocked country, Cambodia being run by the same corrupt dictator for 30 years and Malaysia is doing, idk, Malaysian stuffs). The war in Ukraine feels like something far away and irrelevant here.

BUT we instead have to deal with (statistically speaking) coup d'etat every 7 years, a new constitution every 4.5 years, a new corruption scandal every day, rising cost of living, increasing inequalities, aging society but with stagnated developing economy etc etc

so yeah I'm basically screwed like you
Wimpy Cursed

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

Sometimes I'll experience something called FOMA, or the Fear of Missing Out.

For the people who don't know, I was born in 2006. But for a while now I've wished to be born in the late 90s. Why? Because being a kid in the 2000s and a teenager in the early 2010s sounds cool to me. I would've experienced a lot of cool things like the beginning of YouTube, Roblox, Minecraft, Osu, etc. What doesn't help is that I'm terrified of becoming an adult nowadays. There's a lot of stuff like the Ruso-Ukrainian War, the high gas prices, every world leader being incompetent, etc. I'm now only a couple years away from having to deal with that. I don't know how to end this post, so here's an ending: eybdooG
I was born in 2006 as well. I have had similar thoughts, but came to accept it.
Aireunaeus
what is foma?
I AM VERY SMART
It's FOMO not FOMA

Because FOMA means Freedom of Mobile Multimedia Access