forum

map background video doubt

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
alanimax25
I recently started mapping a Metallica song "All Nightmare Long". I have read the visual content considerations page. The song itself is not explicit nor it deals with sensitive topics but my issue is that I added the music video to the background and I don't know if it's content really goes against the rules.

It doesn't have explicit blood and gore (at least, nothing I think the guideline would consider way too extreme violence), no sexual content. It does involve zombies and an alternative historical dystopic storyline but those elements are more for horror rather than controversy, and it doesn't really get political (in my opinion, it's just for context), but still, I'm unsure if people might be okay with it or not, but most importantly, if it's okay for me to include the video (despite the fact people can choose to turn it off).

DISCLAIMER: I'm NOT writing this to promote the video or my map, I merely want some help to be sure on how to proceed while I continue mapping the song.
Ryu Sei
Should've asked to any BNs or NATs since they have better knowledge and understanding about this topic. I think it's fine to put it, for me personally just mark the map with explicit tag.
Topic Starter
alanimax25
How can I get in touch with any of them or at least, show them the video/content?

Don't get me wrong, I am considering putting it on explicit. I just wanna know my options.
lewski

alanimax25 wrote:

How can I get in touch with any of them
GMT: wiki/en/People/The_Team/Global_Moderation_Team
NAT: wiki/en/People/The_Team/Nomination_Assessment_Team
BN: wiki/en/People/The_Team/Beatmap_Nominators

osu! has a direct message function

also i watched the video and i think itd be fine to include although the file would be enormous
Topic Starter
alanimax25
Thank you so much! I'll check it out and see how it turns out.