forum

Hollywood Undead - Sell Your Soul

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
v0xtrot
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on den 20 februari 2014 at 18:33:57

Artist: Hollywood Undead
Title: Sell Your Soul
BPM: 140,02
Filesize: 8081kb
Play Time: 01:08
Difficulties Available:
  1. Chill (4,28 stars, 94 notes)
  2. Loco (4,87 stars, 371 notes)
Download: Hollywood Undead - Sell Your Soul
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
[General]: I'd like a timing check, how to make it so that the sudden speedups/slowdowns become more obvious to the player (I'm thinking of storyboarding it, but that's no fun.) Also just some general thoughts.
[Hard]: Do you like the concept of this map, with random speedups and lots of harsh jumps? What can I do to improve it? I'm also thinking about lowering the drain, because it's a bitch to get back up on the saddle if you miss a circle. (EDIT: LOWERED THE DRAIN A SNAP, CONTEMPLATING LOWERING EVEN MORE.)
[Chill]: Meh, not really hard to make. I'll complete it without any grave issues, don't worry etc.
EDIT1 [28/8/09]: Pretty much finished hard, can't find any better ending points. Now I'm open to criticism. I'll finish Easy by tomorrow. Also changed some colors and minor stuff around. Resubmitted because I changed diff name.
EDIT2 [29/8/09]: Did what Azure said, also finished easy and did some other minor changes. I say I'm getting close to being finished with this. ------ blissfulyoshi's mod also.
EDIT2B: ztrots mod. I did everything but changing offset, I'll have to look deeper into that. Some huge changes otherwise, I increased general diff, named Easy "chill" and removed all the shotgun and slowdown sliders. I'll have to balance difficulty since I want it to be an insane.
EDIT3 [30/8/09]: Changed a pattern at start, making easy a normal (chill) instead to make it playable to as many people as possible. Changed alot of minor things. Also did what yeahyeahyeahhh posted. Thanks alot for the finisher idea. :D
EDIT4 [2/9/09]: Updated chill, it's now officially revamped. Also changed just some hitsounding in [Loco]. Running out of things to fix. :|
EDIT5 [26/9/09]: I updated Loco, new hitsounding, some other minor changes. I also changed the spacing and some notes in Chill, it's a bit easier now and doesn't sound as crap as before (still sounds pretty crap though.)
EDIT6 [12/8/10]: So, hey everybody, came back from my year long hiatus and I decided to make sure I got this map ranked fast so I can move on to other projects. I made both Loco and Chill a bit easier, Loco plays very well now, and it sounds pretty good. Chill is alright, but I really hate making easier difficulties. Chill is now a Normal leaning towards hard, and Loco is now a Hard leaning towards insane sometimes.

EDIT7 [20/2/14]: 4 year bump. I edited Loco a bit, making it more logical and fun. Lowered the drain but heightened the overall difficulty. I want it in that sweetspot between too hard and fun.
Azure_Kite
Here's my promised mod:

[Easy]
So far, No Problems Found

[Loco]
00:32:10 (2,3) - The ticks in here sound wierd; remove the two timing sections, as well as 3, and move 2 to the white tick.
There are a number of notes which sould be better snapped to slider ends. Try turning off grid snapping if they don't exatly match up.

Other then that, great beatmap. Starr'd
Topic Starter
v0xtrot
I'll do that when I muster up the strenght to do so. I'll also finish Easy in the same round. Thanks for the input. :D
blissfulyoshi
Easy:
SPOILER
Combo mod:
00:43:24 (3) - new combo?
00:50:10 (3) - ^

Since you can't tell how many times some of those repeating sliders repeat, some of those repeating sliders might be too hard for beginners.

Loco:
SPOILER
Combo mod:
00:35:74 (1) - if this combo is meant for a jump add a new combo to 00:36:82 (3), otherwise, please remove this new combo
00:50:31 (6) - new combo?

Besides the double speed at the end of each chorus, the sliding speed changes are pretty random, and I don't really see the music suggest such speedups. This caused me some problems when playing, so can you please change it?

Nice map. Star.
Topic Starter
v0xtrot

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Easy:
SPOILER
Combo mod:
00:43:24 (3) - new combo? - k
00:50:10 (3) - ^ - k

Since you can't tell how many times some of those repeating sliders repeat, some of those repeating sliders might be too hard for beginners. - thought about this, i'm doing something about it./spoilerbox]

Loco:
[spoilerbox]Combo mod:
00:35:74 (1) - if this combo is meant for a jump add a new combo to 00:36:82 (3), otherwise, please remove this new combo - added new combo
00:50:31 (6) - new combo? - done

Besides the double speed at the end of each chorus, the sliding speed changes are pretty random, and I don't really see the music suggest such speedups. This caused me some problems when playing, so can you please change it? - i didn't get any complaints about the new versions speedups, most of them are pretty obvious and so on. but im thinking about sbing it. if not, i'll just wait until i get more complaints. i've also seen worse shotguns in other maps, without anything suggesting so. thanks for the input though.

Nice map. Star.
Thanks for the input and modding, kudos given. :D (responses can be found within the mysterious spoiler-box. ;o)
ztrot
Hi a few things really

Offset +10 plz

and Change easy to normal

Loco:
00:50:53 (2) - To close to the edge
00:58:88 (2) - Reduce speed plz
00:59:31 (3) - ^
01:07:67 (7) - ^
01:20:31 (4) - neat how you got it to be the same size as 01:19:02 (2) but to confusing make it the same bpm as the other sliders.
01:28:88 (4) - Random Speed up again.
01:33:17 (2) - ^
This shows up quite a bit it seems and doesn't play well make all the sliders move at the same speed unless you really need to show a sense of speed.
besides all that it it's kinda fun so I'll star and hope to see this grow in to a great map <3.
yeahyeahyeahhh
Loco:
00:13:46 (3) - Move down2 on grid 3 to match 1, 2 in terms of spacing, its a bit more off the grid
00:39:60 (3,4) - maybe Reverse the slider and put 3 on the end of the slider, to match what u did with 1,2 since it seems you're mapping with symmetry
00:47:10 (6) - Reverse
01:28:77 - Maybe a note here in between 3 and 4, to match the "know what I am" in the lyrics

~Hitsound suggestion~

If you want to maybe add some more hitsounds try this, it'll require some inherited timing sections though:
Finishes at ~50% volume on normal (or lower) to match the subtle but relevant bass:
02:07:02 (2) - Beginning of this slider
02:08:30 (4) - End of this slider
02:08:73 (5) - Beginning of this slider
02:10:45 (2) - ^
02:11:95 (5) - Finish
02:12:16 (6) - Beginning of this slider
02:13:87 (1) - Beginning, 2nd repeat of this slider
02:15:37 - Place a note here between 1 and 1 and give it a finish
02:15:59 (1) - Beginning, 2nd repeat of this slider
02:17:30 (1) - Beginning, 4th repeat of this slider
02:18:80 (1) - Finish
02:19:02 (1) - Beginning of this slider

~End of Hitsound suggestions~

02:49:43, 02:49:65, 02:49:86 - Add notes here, maybe with claps
^Fill in other parts like this that are towards the end

It may look like a lot but there wasn't really anything wrong with this map, it is really good!
Topic Starter
v0xtrot
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
WyndII
gz, i dont like the song >.>...
The map is great, easy to follow and sometimes cofusing o.o
Short, Its great~
There is nothing to mod~
Chozo_old
this map is awwright \o/
0_o
Overall
The yellow circles/approach circles can be tough to play with with the light background/light cursor

Chill
Why so short? ;_; I would really like to see this extended.
Also I think this is a little too difficult for the easiest difficulty, I would recommend making a real Easy (you could probably end it where this difficulty ends now)

Loco
The overall difficulty is kinda rediculous, take it down a notch.
02:55:76 (3) - (and similiar) plays and sounds a little weird, and they are kind of odd when there are hardly any other 1/4 notes in the rest of the map.

Mukku
Hiai!

Suggestions

[Chiil] ~
Maybe lower volume a bit?
A minor overuse of whistle.. Which can be ok imo if volume is lowered a bit 8)

[Loco] ~ I see that you have touched the volume bar in just one timing section; you should make sure you dont have to turn the volume down anywhere
[01:47:953] (1,2) Spacing

Gj on the map. Love the chaoticness of loco
Topic Starter
v0xtrot
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Teras

I like the song and the idea for this beatmap. But I will point this out. (even though I'm not a mapper myself)

The Normal diff is perfect. But, the Loco diff.. It should be the insane diff then I guess? Because it's way too fast to be called hard, really.

The drain as you pointed out. Should be lowered aye- because I missed one note and failed right after that almost.

But anyways, good luck with this beatmap. I'm looking forward to a complete beatmap :)

So here is what I would like to seee but you probably know that already.

Slower speed on loco diff if it's supposed to be hard, if insane I would let it be like that and fix what's necessary if an experience beatmapper tell you to.

Make an hard and easy diff would be great too. So most people can play it :)

GOOD LUCK!
ishi
/ishibump

Love this map, recently repointed to it by v0x, definatly star ;o
Gens
Set a preview point. Don't forget!

Hard is very good. I'll try to make a few observations:

- Countdown doesn't seem to fit much, remove?
- Stacking is messed up around 00:15:609, might want to look at that.
- As a general guideline, Kiai (to me) seems more fitting set at white ticks.
- As I was (am, still) kinda distracted, the jumps caught me off-guard. There's no problem though.
- HP Drain seems a bit high, it got halfway down while I was spinning.

As for Chill:

- At 01:00:174 (5); I really hate these little things, how unpredictable is the second repeat is...
- Keep in mind that you must have a difficulty of 3.00 stars or lower. I guess this won't be easy enough, so...

I'll drop a star.
Topic Starter
v0xtrot
It keeps autorolling back to Graveyarded so I can't update it. Anyway, hello 4 year bump. Decided to get this one ranked since I'm working on a new one (all my 4 year old projects sucked). Playing the game also means obsessively making maps for me. Anyway, I see no reason why this shouldn't be ranked, so I revived it before finishing my new one.

Any notes, any moderation welcome.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.