forum

How the hell do ya'll sit down for 25 mins to watch a episode

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mai_Two
I can't anymore, I just can't watch a 25 min episode for my life, so i turned to manga and now im stuck without being able to watch anime
Stomiks
Just increase your attention span
MrMcMikey22
Me too, I rather wanna watch 11-minute anime than somewhere at the 20 minute mark, though my attention to watching 20 something min. episodes has been increased very recently...
loserotaku
stop using stuff like tiktok/twitter/reddit/youtube shorts

that shit will kill your attention span
epic man 2
just sit and watch the episode pretty much lol

but also grinding episode watching is easier when youre free for a day so you can watch like 10 episodes in about 5 hours, which im supposedly used to now after a few animes and series' lol
TheKingHenry
...if you're having trouble concentrating for 20 mins on something that is typically not mentally taxing at all but rather passive (like watching anime or anything else), you really need to improve your attention span, habits, all that jazz, like people here have been mentioning
MrMcMikey22
yet I somehow was able to binge-watch almost 8 hours nonstop..I think it's just me being me lol..
Rizumu Tenshi
Opinion of a short-span guy:
Learn to skip the OP and ED if they're not different/new, and in some cases the repeated scenes you get every time that you memorised by then.
Or you can take the commercial breaks literally and pause for a break to help your span as if commercials were running indeed.

I'm not one to say this, though, as a pleb who decided to pick up PriPara in 2022, on the journey of 191 episodes of OG and Idol Time + two films.

Note
PriPara is a special case as you can just watch as little as 18 minutes of each episode with nothing missed. (18 even after skipping the OPs and EDs.)
Patatitta
I don't, I read manga, one of the reasons why I stopped watched anime was because of that lmao

also, for me it's less than attention span, but the actually dedicating that time and knowing you will spend that time on watching anime
InJohnsBasement
I mean for me I cant watch a 25 minute boring show but as long as the story is engaging I can watch a 12 episode season in one sitting. But you probably just have a short attention span.
Topic Starter
Mai_Two

Loserotaku wrote:

stop using stuff like tiktok/twitter/reddit/youtube shorts

that shit will kill your attention span
thing is i don't, it's manga that's killing my attention span

InJohnsBasement wrote:

I mean for me I cant watch a 25 minute boring show but as long as the story is engaging I can watch a 12 episode season in one sitting. But you probably just have a short attention span.
Had the wrong shows, now i cant sit down and watch a 25 minute episode of Fighting Anime

TheKingHenry wrote:

...if you're having trouble concentrating for 20 mins on something that is typically not mentally taxing at all but rather passive (like watching anime or anything else), you really need to improve your attention span, habits, all that jazz, like people here have been mentioning
Yeah just had the wrong stuff
kujubuo
usually having anime at 1.25x or 1.33x makes it enjoyable to watch
keter
Bruh, skill issue, just watchmore and you'll get used to it.
At my peak sweet times was able to maraphone 25eps of 25mins at once at ease.
Now too old and too busy for such crap time spending, but still one season is just a matter of one evening, no more.

Hm, as to think about it, maybe it's just from decently cultivated "eat with one bite" mindset.
atrashplayer
ahhh yes... imagine suffering from notbeing able to watch a 25 minute anime session when i go deep diving into problems and work for hours on end... its a skill issue. just train up your attention span. like seriously 25 minutes is really not that hard
Puppet
i have the same problem recently i just read manga now i only watch the anime im realy hyped for (not that many tho) most of the time i dont have to watch the anime if i read the manga so i dont realy care
TheAngryNerd101
You gotta have some kind of attention span.
MaxIsABigKaiju
I spent like half an hour to watch an episode of Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan
Nuuskamuikkunen

Patatitta wrote:

I don't, I read manga, one of the reasons why I stopped watched anime was because of that lmao
Curiously, I cannot focus on reading most manga, there has been really but really few manga that has caught my attention, meanwhile I can watch several episodes of an anime consecutively... depends on the anime though, at times it feels like a chore if the anime is boring.
Rigbyuis

Patatitta wrote:

also, for me it's less than attention span, but the actually dedicating that time and knowing you will spend that time on watching anime
i can be playing osu for one hour straight, but watching 3 anime caps NOOOO, I GOTTA DO SCHOOL STUFF!!! I AINT SPENDING THAT MUCH TIME

i also want to read manga, but zzz