forum

i feel dizzy after playing osu! taiko

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bot3CZ
Problem details:
Hello, i'm a new osu! taiko player (i've always wanted to play taiko because it seemed interesting) though i have a problem. like the title says, i feel a little wierd while AND after playing a map. For example, i was playing a map with hardrock, i was focusing on the circles (i don't know how they're called) and i had to stop because i felt awful. Taiko is a really cool gamemode, and i want to become good at it, however it is really hard to set scores when this is happening. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?
(sorry for any grammar mistakes, english is not my first language)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20220323 (latest)
THAT_otaku
Yeah this sort of thing can happen when youre new to any sort of scrolling rhythm game in my experience. Take regular breaks and after a few days of playing you should notice that you dont get dizzy anymore ^^
Topic Starter
Bot3CZ
Okay thank you!
ShaggyKrakatoa
One thing I can maybe think of is changing your FPS settings. Lower FPS usually strains my eyes really hard. Another thing if that doesn't work, maybe you can practice changing where your attention is while playing? Hope that helps.
meemimayuri
Start with slower songs and move to faster ones as your skills grow.
Yumeiiying
i feel dizzy disorentied and a bit weird after playing osu its like i snapped back to reality and feel dizzy
Topic Starter
Bot3CZ

Yumeiiying wrote:

i feel dizzy disorentied and a bit weird after playing osu its like i snapped back to reality and feel dizzy
i cant tell if youre trying to mock me or if youre serious :D
chlonie
drink water