forum

What are the different "Types" of skins?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CarTireShoes
Could anyone explain to me what the different "types" of osu skins are that I've heard about before, and what the differences are? I often hear people speak about having a HD skin, a DT skin, etc etc, but never been able to figure out exactly what makes those skins "good" for those mods. Thanks!

Apologies if the question has already been asked elsewhere - haven't been able to find an answer anywhere.
RockRoller
Many players to prefer having slightly up to vastly different gameplay elements for different mods, however the exact tweaks are usually up to preference, tho most people just download some top players collection of mod specific skins
kingautist

RockRoller wrote:

Many players to prefer having slightly up to vastly different gameplay elements for different mods, however the exact tweaks are usually up to preference, tho most people just download some top players collection of mod specific skins
What an unhelpful answer.
Zelzatter Zero

kingautist wrote:

What an unhelpful answer.
I guess you wannt an exact answer because apparently RockRoller's isn't good enough for an answer to differentiate what makes those skin different from the rest?

As RockRoller said, since those are based from players' preference so each skin will incude different ways to tackle/specialize those specific skillset. For example some people used animated hitcircle overlay for EZ skin, or some used only white/bright combo colours for HD skin.

So if you want to see how this skin will be better at specific aspect than normal skins, it's best to just download it from other players and find it out.