forum

favourite manga that hasn't been adapted?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Patatitta
mine would probably be either I sold my life for ten thousand yen per year. and I Had That Same Dream Again, with a couple other yuri mangas that does not have adaptation of any type, I would like to hear your opinions on this
Sophie Twilight
Teisou Gyakuten Sekai (World of Reversal Morals)
thatguyaldarius
Solo Leveling(If that counts as manga), and All You Need Is Kill, even though that got a live-action movie.
Isatuyu
Well, if we talk about adaptation, there's some manga that already got a Drama CD (like audio-book or something like that) voiced by some popular voice-actor in Japan. There's also manga that getting LN adaptation and the otherwise (like Tate no Yuusha manga are more darker than the LN one even though the original one was the LN). There's also web-anime adaptation (ONA) kinda like streaming but on the original site of the works and usually made by indie production (the author and their circle or other, like Horiyama before adapted into TV-series)

The thing is, it depend on the author. Since, getting anime adaptation (especially the TV-series one) are really business things. Like, thinking about how much audience the anime will get, the revenue for the studio, things like that. I don't really wanna talk about it but, some author really don't wanna deal with that kind since it kill the feel when they make the manga or the worse, the adaptation itself ruin the manga. Well again, it depend on the author (Like Hiroyuki-sensei, although his manga are released in 2020, he pushing it to get anime adaptation, and really get it at 2021)

Also mine was Atsumare!, Boy's Abyss and Yankee-kun to Hakujou Gaaru (Delinquent and the White Cane Girl) because I can see if these series are getting adapted although there's many more in my library
THAT_otaku
Firepunch or psyren
VOS Laika
Mission: Yozakura family
Kasumizawa-Miyu
I've always loved detective conan since i was a little kid, and i still love it now
Apraxye
The Dandadan manga. It’s really unique and fun to read but it’s eccentric themes which are dark sometimes make me think an anime adaption would ruin it with censorship/alterations.
TheKingHenry
Punpun maybe

actually, now that I think of it, kinda surprised it doesn't have an adaptation, considering the acclaim it holds. Would have some challenges in execution I suppose
RVMathew
Maid san in my house is a nice and cute manga. There is a drama CD but not adapted yet to animu
Awpaka
Yotsuba to! and Shimanami Tasogare
AccountWontWork
Jagaaaaaan
ghoulybits
Ikoku Nikki.
Xenoyr
Probably Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Punpun or Steel Ball Run
DM FOR MUTUAL
Sousou no Frieren, Oshi no Ko or Yotsuba to!
Stomiks
Kuzumi-kun, Kuuki Yometemasu ka? I'd love to have a romcom anime where one of the protagonists just doesn't care.
Neigdoig
Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san should have an adaptation.
Ymir
the wifey one yes
OrientxPearL
Pokémon Adventures manga
a lot better story than the current ongoing pokemon anime.
octovore_shobon
Yotsuba
show more