forum

[added] Sort difficulties by game mode within a mapset

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +31
Topic Starter
CXu
I searched "difficulty sorting" and didn't find anything, so here goes.

Sorting the difficulties in a mapset by game mode, then star difficulty, so we avoid mess like this:

Same for in-game:
(Own map advertisement like a boss)

It's much more organized that way, especially now that there are more game modes and hybrid mapsets.

So yeah, basically place all standard diffs first, then taiko, ctb, mania, and then sort by difficulty.
Kert
Yes, please
rEdo
actually, besides mod sorting, I'd suggest sorting all the difficulties MANUALLY, without having Star Rating as a priority.

there are a lot of mapsets that have a Hard difficulty of 5.00SR and Insane with 4.9xSR (because SR is glitched), and that Insane difficulty actually goes ABOVE Hard for no particular reason, implying that it's easier. an example of that is CXu's Aoi Eir - Lament.

even more map advertising =w=b
Oinari-sama
I think this would be useful. To make it more convenient, it should place maps of the Current Game Mode on top.

eg consider a mapset that has maps for all 4 modes:
When the Current Game Mode = Standard, the maps will be grouped and sorted as [Standard, Taiko, Ctb, Mania];
When the Current Game Mode = Taiko, the maps will be grouped and sorted as [Taiko, Standard, Ctb, Mania].

I could be wrong but I think most people don't switch mode after each map so I thought this will make more sense.
TheVileOne
Please do this. Mapsets are annoying when they are all mixed together.
Stefan
rEdo: That won't work so easy. We also have Mapsets with uncommon Difficutly Names and then the "organization" won't understand which Diff belongs where. To the Main topic: that would be awesome. We only have just some cases currently but it's already a mess. And we'll have much more of these big Hybrid Mapsets.
Shohei Ohtani

Stefan wrote:

rEdo: That won't work so easy. We also have Mapsets with uncommon Difficutly Names and then the "organization" won't understand which Diff belongs where. To the Main topic: that would be awesome. We only have just some cases currently but it's already a mess. And we'll have much more of these big Hybrid Mapsets.
Which is why he said manually :P.
Stefan
We have a different feature for that.
Alumetorz
pls
puncia
Take a star
Topic Starter
CXu
Banpu desu.
Bobbias
Honestly, this should have been done ages ago.