forum

[added] Allow Score Metres to be larger

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +24
Topic Starter
Makar
With the new update came score metres; however, they are very small to read (at least for me) during playing. Here is a screenshot:

It would be nice to let us choose a larger size for the metre. If not this, then maybe make the current one bigger instead.
TicClick
Yeah, an extra option would not hurt (for example, allowing to switch between small / medium / large meter)
Ziggo
I support this.
CXu
All my yes.
Hiryuu_old
Oh yes please, all my yes.
Luvdic
Just normalize it so it's the same for all OD, maybe you could add small numbers at the spots where it changes colours so we might get an idea of the scale/ know exactly the ms before getting 100, 50, miss.

Anyways, imo, it should be around this size:

quaternary
It does not seem to scale well to multiple resolutions - i'm on 1024x768 and it's much bigger than yours.

But still not big enough. Support with an invisible star
Oinari-sama
The hell? Why don't I have that meter?!

EDIT: Was there a new patch in the last 10 hours? I swear I don't have it when osu updated roughly 14 hours ago...
XPJ38

Oinari-sama wrote:

EDIT: Was there a new patch in the last 10 hours? I swear I don't have it when osu updated roughly 14 hours ago...
well
t/146484/start=0

Edit: As for the request, yeah the meter was a bit bigger at the very beginning of its implementation, see by yourself (same resolution on both SS):

Oinari-sama

XPJ38 wrote:

Oinari-sama wrote:

well
t/146484/start=0
Ah right, how could I miss that...

Yes I too would like a bigger meter. In addition, I'd love to have more highlight on the most current hit. At the moment the "moving triangle" (I assume this is the indicator for the running average?) makes it hard to focus on each individual hits. Maybe the highlight will become easier to spot once the meter is available in larger size?
Winshley
For deathstreams, this can be hard to see. Watch FREEDOM DiVE or Ascension to Heaven Replay data to see what I mean.

This is also part of the feature I would like to support.
SPLvFOR
it's too tiny to see while playing
and it will disappear while break, how i supposed to see that bar?
tried to see and i missed 2 note. :(
markesudes
Great idea, I support.
xxbidiao
I support reworking on the graphic on score meter completely.

Isn't it a good idea to let it become a skinnable thing? ;)

I would also suggest showing something directly on the note.

e.g. in osu!, a 100 with a left bracket ([100 ) is shown when you hit too early, 100] for too late. (Or to say, use hit-100-tooearly.png as an early warning)
in osu!mania, an arrow on the judgment / combo position make sense.
haha5957
I really love this new score meter feature (both hit error and color meters) but I also want this to be more visible during the gameplay.

Xanandra wrote:

I also think size should be about that big.

And I think the meter should be visible all the time (including breaktimes)

full support
emonite
lol I don't even know this score metres exist in the first place! definitely support since it's so small I didn't even know about it...
darkmiz
Yes please, I've missed a note so many times trying to look at the tiny meter.
ieb

xxbidiao wrote:

I support reworking on the graphic on score meter completely.

Isn't it a good idea to let it become a skinnable thing? ;)

I would also suggest showing something directly on the note.

e.g. in osu!, a 100 with a left bracket ([100 ) is shown when you hit too early, 100] for too late. (Or to say, use hit-100-tooearly.png as an early warning)
in osu!mania, an arrow on the judgment / combo position make sense.
support with an invisible star
peppy
Adjustable from config file in next release.