1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Feature Requests
  4. Completed Requests
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +24
posted
With the new update came score metres; however, they are very small to read (at least for me) during playing. Here is a screenshot:



It would be nice to let us choose a larger size for the metre. If not this, then maybe make the current one bigger instead.
posted
Yeah, an extra option would not hurt (for example, allowing to switch between small / medium / large meter)
posted
I support this.
posted
All my yes.
posted
Oh yes please, all my yes.
posted
Just normalize it so it's the same for all OD, maybe you could add small numbers at the spots where it changes colours so we might get an idea of the scale/ know exactly the ms before getting 100, 50, miss.

Anyways, imo, it should be around this size:

posted
It does not seem to scale well to multiple resolutions - i'm on 1024x768 and it's much bigger than yours.

But still not big enough. Support with an invisible star
posted
The hell? Why don't I have that meter?!

EDIT: Was there a new patch in the last 10 hours? I swear I don't have it when osu updated roughly 14 hours ago...
posted

Oinari-sama wrote:

The hell? Why don't I have that meter?!

EDIT: Was there a new patch in the last 10 hours? I swear I don't have it when osu updated roughly 14 hours ago...
well
t/146484/start=0

Edit: As for the request, yeah the meter was a bit bigger at the very beginning of its implementation, see by yourself (same resolution on both SS):

posted

XPJ38 wrote:

Oinari-sama wrote:

The hell? Why don't I have that meter?!

EDIT: Was there a new patch in the last 10 hours? I swear I don't have it when osu updated roughly 14 hours ago...
well
t/146484/start=0
Ah right, how could I miss that...

Yes I too would like a bigger meter. In addition, I'd love to have more highlight on the most current hit. At the moment the "moving triangle" (I assume this is the indicator for the running average?) makes it hard to focus on each individual hits. Maybe the highlight will become easier to spot once the meter is available in larger size?
posted
For deathstreams, this can be hard to see. Watch FREEDOM DiVE or Ascension to Heaven Replay data to see what I mean.

This is also part of the feature I would like to support.
posted
it's too tiny to see while playing
and it will disappear while break, how i supposed to see that bar?
tried to see and i missed 2 note. :(
posted
Great idea, I support.
posted
I support reworking on the graphic on score meter completely.

Isn't it a good idea to let it become a skinnable thing? ;)

I would also suggest showing something directly on the note.

e.g. in osu!, a 100 with a left bracket ([100 ) is shown when you hit too early, 100] for too late. (Or to say, use hit-100-tooearly.png as an early warning)
in osu!mania, an arrow on the judgment / combo position make sense.
posted
I really love this new score meter feature (both hit error and color meters) but I also want this to be more visible during the gameplay.



Xanandra wrote:

I also think size should be about that big.


And I think the meter should be visible all the time (including breaktimes)

full support
posted
lol I don't even know this score metres exist in the first place! definitely support since it's so small I didn't even know about it...
posted
Yes please, I've missed a note so many times trying to look at the tiny meter.
posted

xxbidiao wrote:

I support reworking on the graphic on score meter completely.

Isn't it a good idea to let it become a skinnable thing? ;)

I would also suggest showing something directly on the note.

e.g. in osu!, a 100 with a left bracket ([100 ) is shown when you hit too early, 100] for too late. (Or to say, use hit-100-tooearly.png as an early warning)
in osu!mania, an arrow on the judgment / combo position make sense.
support with an invisible star
posted
Adjustable from config file in next release.
Please sign in to reply.