forum

Breakpoint-Checkpoint [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Mastodonio
I know that this idea may sound crazy as hell for most of you,even I am not fully sure if it's a workable stuff,however, my duty is to offer this to you.. but that is the biggest osu idea which I've ever had in my head! So,here is the idea :
We all know that sometimes you have to play hundreds and hundreds of times and spend many hours to make a good record on different beatmaps in every osu! mod. And very often it happens because of some too crazy moments which are hard to pass,or too long spiners,which you can't just spin again and again,because your hands are not robots, or you are just a newbie and even easy map seems to you hard. So,my friends,I offer to you to have the opportunity to 'Save game' at every Breakpoint in map. However,not all the maps have Breakpoints,so I also suggest you to think about the new rule - Every map has to have at least 1 breakpoint if the map goes more than 1:20,or more,idk. For example,I play CTB and in this game mod one of the mainest things is luck - I can pass some VERY hard moment just 1 time in my life and I will never do that again : So Checkpoint will save me,I just load it on Breakpoint and continue to play - It will make the game easier for newbies,it will be effective,because people won't be disappointed in this game and won't leave it too fast,and it's just fair,I think. I know how it feels when you play 1 moment of map again and again for 100 times,after that I even don't want to be close to osu game.
I want to say a lot of things,because this idea is fresh,and it isn't ready for 100%,but I just to know your thoughts about it. Share!
CXu
The problem with that though is that being consistent at the game is also a skill of its own.
Shohei Ohtani
If you're believing that one of the main factors of CtB is luck, you're playing CtB wrong.
Oinari-sama
I can see the use of having check points in a Practice Mode (aka Free Play, which has been requested and denied many times), however it should not be part of the ranked mode for reasons CXu already pointed out.

So at the moment the Editor will be one's best friend if one wants to practice a certain part of the map...
Topic Starter
Mastodonio

CDFA wrote:

If you're believing that one of the main factors of CtB is luck, you're playing CtB wrong.
oh really? I guess I know about CTB a bit more than you,no offends. Ask Louis Cyphre,for example,he will tell you the same thing about luck.
But anyway,don't go offtopic,I arleady told you,that I am not sure if this idea is workable.

Oinari-sama wrote:

I can see the use of having check points in a Practice Mode (aka Free Play, which has been requested and denied many times), however it should not be part of the ranked mode for reasons CXu already pointed out.

So at the moment the Editor will be one's best friend if one wants to practice a certain part of the map...
I guess you are right..
deadbeat
t/100028 sounds like a duplicate to me >_<