forum

2* Map readability

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Smarty0917
Hello, I am a new mapper and I wanted to see how readable this beatmap is for its difficulty
beatmapsets/1619824#osu/3307283
None of the sliders are curved but I will work on that.
:P
THAT_otaku
Turn on Distance Snap, hold the 'alt' key and adjust it to what you want in the top right corner of the screen (it should be like 1.3 - 0.8 for a Normal i believe) and don't turn it off. This is pretty much a Must do when mapping Easy and Normal diffs. Makes it much more readable/playable for beginners and pretty sure is required in RC.

From this 00:29:020 (1,2,3,4) to this 00:30:520 (6,1) - dont change between different rhythms when using stacks, basically impossible for new players to be able to tell.

00:35:520 (1,2,3) Don't Change between different lengths of reverse sliders (2 - 3 reverses) like this, again, basically impossible to read for newer players.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Since this had a specific topic i thought i'd answer it here but in the future if you want feed back on your maps etc, you'll want to head over to the Modding Queues Forum. Please read this post: community/forums/topics/726725 on how to use that forum correctly first though :)
Eni
To avoid confusion distance snap is not required for any diff.

Check out beatmapsets/973844#osu/2442121 and beatmapsets/916847#osu/1914839 for examples of lowest diff Normals mapped without distance snap.
THAT_otaku
Oh I see, maybe I thought that because of the very large number of maps that do just follow DS.

This doesn't change the fact that it will help you with making it more readable and clean, at least until you are a more experienced mapper.
Topic Starter
Smarty0917
I changed the spacing, made the rhythm consistent, and used less reverse sliders.