forum

ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tornado
legit question: How did we watch our very first anime on Tv/Anime website?
Mahogany

Tornado wrote:

because influenced by other weebs

storytime: I started watching ponies because people had pony avatars and heard about pony conventions and all that shit

I imagine it's the same for weebs
Razzy

Tornado wrote:

I only signed up for Crunchyroll to watch Love Live and it's still the only anime I've watched through a significant portion of (as I've probably mentioned like three times now)
Tornado
I watched anime such as One Piece,Dragonball,Hunter x Hunter and Pokemon when I was 6-11

And those were actually really good times that I enjoyed.Well,I completed Bleach too 3 years ago cuz those times I was so bored of anything.But after that; I could never enjoy anime anymore nor I liked anything related anime anymore.I cant really explain what changed between 14 years ago and nowadays.

Maybe it is because,nowadays people like too much cute anime girl,loli or hentai stuffs which is the reason why the Anime Companies arent making something entertaining to watch?
EneT
Hello? I've been watching anime on the TV since I was born. Pokemon? Dragonball? Yu Yu Hakusho? Rurouni Kenshin? No one else?
I started watching anime on the computer though because my mother was into anime as well and being a lazy fuck that does nothing but lie in her bed when she's not working, she started watching anime and Korean shows in her laptop because TV shows nothing but re-runs. I was like okay, Imma do that as well. Before that I barely touched my computer.
Rurree
I saw Yakitate Japan, Air Gear, Eureka Seven (one of my favorite anime, in my top 5), Honey and Clover (probably my favorite anime of all time), and The Law of Ueki back when I was like 6. Those were the series that were on air on the national channels (the free channels you get, the ones without subscription and shit cuz we lived in the province then lol)
Tornado

Mahogany wrote:

storytime: I started watching ponies because people had pony avatars and heard about pony conventions and all that shit

Who is the very first weeb then?

Or who is the very first Brony? :P
Zain Sugieres
you are
Hika

winber1 wrote:

Obiwan wrote:

i'm never bored
either you're life is not boring or your life is so utterly and unfathomably boring that even the slightest activity is exciting.

i prefer the latter explanation

ok.
Mahogany

Tornado wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

Who is the very first weeb then?

Or who is the very first Brony? :P
Some virgin neckbeard weeaboo loser in a basement somewhere probably :P
EneT
In the future, that may be you and the life cycle of bronies will go in full circle.
Tornado

Mahogany wrote:

Some virgin neckbeard weeaboo loser in a basement somewhere probably :P
The very first thing about what I meant by anime was; how did people get so easily addicted to anime? Despite I was watching it a lot when I was young; it wasnt actually an addiction to anime.But I always enjoyed watching it.But now it is completely the opposite :p
Jellyblob
x
Endaris
Yea, I also watched my first anime on TV...
The reason I started using a computer was a fucking book - went to a forum about that book and discussed and dreamed about it and drafted way better plots for its continuation than they turned out to be later on. 11 years since then, fml.
From there on I somehow got into browsergames, then into MMOs and that's where I got to know osu! for the first time(back in 2010) and in 2011 people from an onlinegame dragged me to my first con.
It was actually after that con that I first started watching animu on my PC. The con wasn't even so lame because I learned about Go there even though I never really got to play it later on...
That touching history explains my close relationship to forums at least.
Zain Sugieres
I started using my PC after I watched my dad play GTA on it |:
Jellyblob
x
Endaris
Another map for Railey where B1rd leads my Friend Ranking, huehue
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/36653
Great composition by the way.
Mahogany

EneT wrote:

In the future, that may be you and the life cycle of bronies will go in full circle.
eat shit, I live on the second floor :D
Endaris

Mahogany wrote:

EneT wrote:

eat shit, I live on the second floor :D
In the far future the sediments will have piled up to such a degree that it's the basement. And you will have a beard.
Mahogany
I'm sorry, I have little in the way of facial hair - perhaps my glorious shoulder-length hair can play substitute?
winber1
rip in piss toonami
EneT
Isn't there still toonami in the US? UK doesn't have toonami anymore.
Razzy
all I know is that there was a tsunami in Japan
lol

Raspberriel wrote:

all I know is that there was a tsunami in Japan
yes i heard over 400 people lost there lives it looks absolutely mental
Hika

EneT wrote:

Isn't there still toonami in the US? UK doesn't have toonami anymore.
Think it came back a few years ago. Not as fun anymore.
Rurree
We have Toonami channel here. None of the shows are interesting though.
Jellyblob
x
EneT
In my experience, the tsunami in Japan was the biggest, recent tragedy that no one really gave a shit about.
Jellyblob
x
EneT
Point proven ^
sicalmforgost
Well... the thing nobody asked for
                 .:'++##+';,`               
`;#@#',.``````.;+@@+.
:##:`````````````````,'@+.
'@'```````````````````````,@#.
,@'```````````````````````````.##
+#.`````````````````:+#+,````````'@.
#@``````````````````+@@@@@,```````.'@`
+@```````````````````@@@@@@#```......;@`
:@```````````.````````,@@@@#...........+@
@;````````,#@@@#.```````.,..........,'#@'`
;@`````````@@@@@@@```.............:#@#:`
@#`````````@@@@@@@............,'@#'.
@'````````.,@@@@#,.........:+@+:`
@:``````...............;#@+.
@;``................;#@'.
##..............:+@+:
,@...........;##;.
@+........+@@#'`
.@,..........,;+#@+;.
:@,.............,,;+@#+:`
##................,,;+@@+:`
#@,..........,,,,,,,,,,:'@@#+,
,@',......,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:'#@#:
;@',,.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:##.
:#@;,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:+@#`
`;#@#';::,,,::;'+##',
`.:'+####+;,`
Here you go, why you ask?.... idk :/
Rilene
                 .:'++##+';,`               
`;#@#',.``````.;+@@+.
:##:`````````````````,'@+.
'@'```````````````````````,@#.
,@'```````````````````````````.##
+#.`````````````````:+#+,````````'@.
#@``````````````````+@@@@@,```````.'@`
+@```````````````````@@@@@@#```......;@`
:@```````````.````````,@@@@#...........+@
@;````````,#@@@#.```````.,..........,'#@'`
;@`````````@@@@@@@```.............:#@#:`
@#`````````@@@@@@@............,'@#'.
@'````````.,@@@@#,.........:+@+:`
@:``````...............;#@+.
@;``................;#@'.
##..............:+@+:
,@...........;##;.
@+........+@@#'`
.@,..........,;+#@+;.
:@,.............,,;+@#+:`
##................,,;+@@+:`
#@,..........,,,,,,,,,,:'@@#+,
,@',......,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:'#@#:
;@',,.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:##.
:#@;,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:+@#`
`;#@#';::,,,::;'+##',
`.:'+####+;,`

Ok.
Railey2

EneT wrote:

In my experience, the tsunami in Japan was the biggest, recent tragedy that no one really gave a shit about.

:0
B1rd

Endaris wrote:

Another map for Railey where B1rd leads my Friend Ranking, huehue
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/36653
Great composition by the way.
I should have FC'd that but for some reason my keyboard just didn't register at one part.

The first anime I watch was Hellsing I think, which I picked up for a dvd store. I'm watching Dragonball at the moment.
Foxtrot

EneT wrote:

If you're talking about the 9.0-magnitude earthquake then I don't know what you're talking about because that event got a lot of coverage. If you're talking about the most recent one (the one that happened literally yesterday) I wouldn't call it a tragedy since only 3 civilians got injured so far and the tsunami looks cool rather than terrifying

EneT

Foxtrot wrote:

EneT wrote:

If you're talking about the 9.0-magnitude earthquake then I don't know what you're talking about because that event got a lot of coverage. If you're talking about the most recent one (the one that happened literally yesterday) I wouldn't call it a tragedy since only 3 civilians got injured so far and the tsunami looks cool rather than terrifying

The earlier one that happened at 2011. I'm talking about how despite being a massive tragedy, in my experience, no one around me really seemed to care much about it and neither did I. Obviously the media covered a lot about it but people here didn't really care all that much. Compare it to say... 9/11 where as a 5 year old, even I knew about it and it was the talk of the area for a while. The conversation about the tsunami on the other hand was more like:
'Guys did you hear there was this massive tsunami in Japan'
'oh'
'apparently there's a rumour the creator of pokemon died'
'oh noo what's gonna happen to pokemon?!'
and then everyone just moved on.
Endaris
I think I donated like 5 bucks via my mobile phone back then in 2011.
There are so many huge tragic events in the world that don't get coverage at all. All the wars in the third world driven by capitalism somehow - if it wasn't for the refugees we wouldn't get even close as much coverage as we get for Syria now.
Tornado

Endaris wrote:

There are so many huge tragic events in the world that don't get coverage at all. All the wars in the third world driven by capitalism somehow - if it wasn't for the refugees we wouldn't get even close as much coverage as we get for Syria now.
About that tsunami incident 5 years ago; I remember that People mostly donated through facebook games offers.I remember when my friend was playing farmvile and all the Cash (game coin) prices were reduced by 90%

About the Syria refugees,my friend told me the EXACT same thing when were talking with him from skype call
B1rd

Endaris wrote:

Lmao it's not capitalism that causes all the wars in the third world. They've been killing each other in Africa with their tribal conflicts for millennia.
Endaris
Not even close to that scale though. I mean they've been killing each other in Europe for millennia as well.
And it's also not like the US and the sowjets didn't do their utmost to get corrupt regimes going.
show more