forum

ctb makes me feel like i'm on drugs !

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
octovore_shobon
I played CTB for 5 minutes and got a similar effect than this kind of videos - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry0GJcUVN9g
Staring at the scroll made me see my walls elevating.
Zelzatter Zero
That was because of the waterfall illusion, which after you stared to a static movement for enough time will produce a motion aftereffect that can make static objects seem to move in an opposite direction.

You can literally replicate this in mania (and maybe taiko?) btw.
Topic Starter
octovore_shobon

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

That was because of the waterfall illusion, which after you stared to a static movement for enough time will produce a motion aftereffect that can make static objects seem to move in an opposite direction.

You can literally replicate this in mania (and maybe taiko?) btw.
Noticed it works in taiko too, but even worse. It almost makes it unplayable. Mania doesn't work for me tho. I'm probably sitting too close from my monitor.

But CTB's effects are kinda addictive tbh.
Nikolai
Zephirine
Top tier niko post right above folks
Topic Starter
octovore_shobon

Nikolai wrote:

PFFFFFTTTTT AHAHAHAHA
Patatitta
that used to happen to me when I started, you're just not confortable with reading yet, just keep toughing it out and in a couple of days you will stop feeling that
Dedot
well, on a side note, ctb extra difficulty is called "Overdose"

so yeah, ctb is drugs
Edgar_Figaro
I never have had this experience with ctb but I did years ago when playing other games with similar scrolling objects. Your brain gets used to it pretty quickly and you stop having this reaction.