forum

Accuracy when dealing with HR/OD10/DT

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dexus
I have a common hit error of about -10ms~10ms (something around 140 unstable rate). I don't play HR very much so I was wondering; am I accurate enough for OD10? I always feared HR for the OD, constant 100s would lead to death by drain (maybe I'm more afraid of the drain) so I never really play it. I was just curious as to how accurate you actually have to be in order to hit proper 300s instead of getting constant 100s when dealing with OD10 or Hard Rock. Also is it true that Double Time decreases the hit window for accuracy?
Kert

X means no-mod
Topic Starter
Dexus
Oh wow, so I should pretty much be able to clear anything (within my speed range)
TRIYP
Well the 18ms is plus or minus 9ms from the beat. So you're slightly not accurate enough to consistently hit 300s on od10.
Kert
That thing doesn't show your max error made on a map. I just checked it on a map that has OD9.8 (20ms)
I got 3 100s here, but hit error info showed +6ms ~ -6ms with unstable rate 76
So, it's kinda not useful or I am misunderstanding something
Full Tablet

TRIYP wrote:

Well the 18ms is plus or minus 9ms from the beat. So you're slightly not accurate enough to consistently hit 300s on od10.
Actually OD10 is plus or minus 18ms (so the time window is 36ms).
With Unstable Rate of 140 you should expect around 86.5% circle accuracy in OD10 though (song length doesn't affect accuracy much in low stability).

Kert wrote:

That thing doesn't show your max error made on a map. I just checked it on a map that has OD9.8 (20ms)
I got 3 100s here, but hit error info showed +6ms ~ -6ms with unstable rate 76
So, it's kinda not useful or I am misunderstanding something
Unstable Rate 76 is enough to get about 99.7%acc in OD9.8 (in a short song). 99.27%acc in a long song.
Kert
How do you count that % ?
Full Tablet

Kert wrote:

How do you count that % ?
Assuming hit errors follow a Normal Distribution, then you math from there.
Kert
Does it count slider heads? (I have 120 unstable rate on OD10 900+ combo map with 99+ accuracy)
Because I don't have any other idea of why is this happening
pooptartsonas
I think for something like accuracy in osu!, it won't really follow a normal distribution because making a mistake leads to an outlier. Even assuming perfect reading, humans will still screw up, whether that's due to nervousness, strain on fingers, or whatever else. Perhaps outliers are already accounted for, but I would guess that it will follow a roughly normal distribution centered closer to perfect timing with a fair amount of points that are severely mistimed. This is mostly coming from my experience, because my unstable rates on HDHR are usually around 85-90 (when I'm really comfortable with the map), and most of my 100s come from when I can feel myself making a mistake.
Full Tablet

Kert wrote:

Does it count slider heads? (I have 120 unstable rate on OD10 900+ combo map with 99+ accuracy)
The calculations only considers accuracy for circles.
Sliders can screw the approximation. Because maps with a lot of sliders give you high accuracy even with high unstable rate (they are easier to time), and you can play the sliders with a more relaxed timing (increasing the Unstable Rate).
koromo

Kert wrote:

Unstable rate can certainly help to determine how accurate you are, but it's not an absolute number.

Honestly I have no idea how it works, but really accurate players like Cookiezi, thelewa and mugio3 tend to always be under 100 unstable rate.

OP: I think unstable rate 140 should give at least 93% though, as opposed to FullTablet's calculation of 86.5%. This is based off my own experience as a HR player but I realize it can differ from person to person.
Full Tablet

koromo wrote:

OP: I think unstable rate 140 should give at least 93% though, as opposed to FullTablet's calculation of 86.5%. This is based off my own experience as a HR player but I realize it can differ from person to person.
I'm curious, have you tested in maps without sliders/spinners?
According to the calculations 48.15% of the objects in the map have to be sliders/spinners to achieve an expected accuracy like that.
koromo

Full Tablet wrote:

According to the calculations 48.15% of the objects in the map have to be sliders/spinners to achieve an expected accuracy like that.
I can't really even think of any map without sliders tbh, so pretty sure I haven't.

edit:
Almost

Full Tablet wrote:

koromo wrote:

I'm pretty sure your unstable rate would be lower when playing AR10 since you have a reduced window of visibility of the circle so the OP's unstable rate might be in the range of 110-120 (just estimating) but there are also factors like playing the map based more on reaction time then with the music if AR10 is fast for you which might even out the unstable rate.
Full Tablet

koromo wrote:

Full Tablet wrote:

I can't really even think of any map without sliders tbh, so pretty sure I haven't.

edit:
For that specific map and unstable rate, according to the model you would have got 91.23%acc. (But that without considering if your sliders are less precise than your circles).

If Unstable Rate was separated between Circle Unstable rate and Slider Unstable rate it would be easier to check if the model is right (for example, checking if normal distribution is good or if it is better to use another kind of distribution).
JAKACHAN
If you want the best advice in this situation. Just play it and find out. I usually get a lot higher unstable rate when playing NOMOD but have gotten as low at 65 unstable rate playing Hard Rock. Don't try to base your skill off of a silly number in game just try it and find out.

Listening to all these people tell you what unstable rate you should play HR at or whether or not you can do it or not yet and what you can expect is just plain dumb.
thelewa

JAKACHAN wrote:

If you want the best advice in this situation. Just play it and find out. I usually get a lot higher unstable rate when playing NOMOD but have gotten as low at 65 unstable rate playing Hard Rock. Don't try to base your skill off of a silly number in game just try it and find out.

Listening to all these people tell you what unstable rate you should play HR at or whether or not you can do it or not yet and what you can expect is just plain dumb.
^^^^^^^^

everything that JAKA said is true, seconded by yours truly
Tanzklaue
unstable rate and hit error don't say jackshit about the accuracy you will get. you can have a super good unstable rate below 100 or even 80 and still get 100s on OD 8. vice versa, you can get really good accuracies upt to almost SS or SS on OD 10 with unstable rates just at 100 or slightly above it, if you hit many circles just at the border to a 100.

also you could theoretically get a SS on OD 9.8 but only 33.33% on OD 10 if you hit all the notes in the thin timing window inbetween those 2. and all that doesn't even include things like slidermisses or actual misses (fun fact: clearing a map with no fail and just hitting one circle will result in unstable rate 0,00).

in the end, you should not worry about unstable rate and hit error and such things all too much. what matters in the end is the actual accuracy, and if you get a SS, it will be a SS no matter what unstable rate you have or what others say which unstable rate results in which accuracy.
lolcubes

Tanzklaue wrote:

unstable rate and hit error don't say jackshit about the accuracy you will get. you can have a super good unstable rate below 100 or even 80 and still get 100s on OD 8. vice versa, you can get really good accuracies upt to almost SS or SS on OD 10 with unstable rates just at 100 or slightly above it, if you hit many circles just at the border to a 100.

also you could theoretically get a SS on OD 9.8 but only 33.33% on OD 10 if you hit all the notes in the thin timing window inbetween those 2. and all that doesn't even include things like slidermisses or actual misses (fun fact: clearing a map with no fail and just hitting one circle will result in unstable rate 0,00).

in the end, you should not worry about unstable rate and hit error and such things all too much. what matters in the end is the actual accuracy, and if you get a SS, it will be a SS no matter what unstable rate you have or what others say which unstable rate results in which accuracy.
Theoretically, yes. In practice, no.

You do have a point though. Stop caring about them statistics and start playing. :D
show more