forum

Fps boost skins

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
4GB RAM
Does anyone know any fps boost skins? My fps buffers alot, and I can't really play like that. So, fps boost skins anyone?
I have 4 Gigabytes of RAM, 2 screens, and if anything else help lemme know.
RockRoller
skins dont really affect performance that much, the main thing to look out for are animations and giant file sizes. Anything below like 30mb without big animations should work fine
CrystalPhantasm

RockRoller wrote:

skins dont really affect performance that much, the main thing to look out for are animations and giant file sizes. Anything below like 30mb without big animations should work fine
Not just animations. Resolution of scoreboard does affects fps. I compared a 3mb skin with a scoreboard background that the size is literally the size of the playfield and another skin that has 200mb of size but the resolution of the scoreboard is just the size of it. The results is the 200mb skin won at fps (230fps - 350fps). So skins with borders just wont give that much fps.

Answer to this thread:
I would recommend WhiteCat's skin by CyperDark. Except for the DT (for me) doesn't give fps that much (The skin I was talking about). (For me) The fps during gameplay is just the same for the lite and non-lite version.

Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58nABMVbqt8

(Sorry bad english)
doram
Skins can make fps higher? I did not know this
Zelzatter Zero

Doramis wrote:

As others have have said skin doesn't boost fps, only decrease it if you don't choose them wisely. Normally default skin will mostly give you the highest as it's way less demanding.
doram

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Doramis wrote:

As others have have said skin doesn't boost fps, only decrease it if you don't choose them wisely. Normally default skin will mostly give you the highest as it's way less demanding.
Thanks.