forum

osu-web enhanced | user script

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Update v1.1

1. It is finally here: custom messages not just for chat, but also forum replies!
  2. many many things got cleaned up, tho nothing noteworthy to the normal user
- Marco -
POG
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Update v1.2

Welp, I didn't expect to do 2 updates today, but here we are!
New Features:
  1. add modal that displays full beatmap metadata (yay, full tags!)
  2. reorganise settings
  3. log all on-site api data to console (not relevant to most people, turned off by default)
  4. open non ppy links in new tab
  5. Add download buttons to dicussion pages
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Update v1.2.2

New Features:
  1. move beatmap buttons to new positions. The .osu data is now next to the downloads, the metadata and description once are hover buttons on their respective areas.
Hivie
any chance you could add an option to hide the beatmap page button that's on the discussion page? almost no one uses it and instead clicks on the top banner, plus it makes this bit feel pretty cluttered

this looks much cleaner imo
Topic Starter
RockRoller
@Hivie I assume the beatmap page button is a leftover from the old design, when discussion and beatmap page werent linked via tabs, but buttons. Its probably worth to make an issue on osu-web for it (make sure to disable the script before taking screenshots for github)
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Update v1.2.3

New Features:
  1. fix settings button duplicating
  2. fix settings button not working after going back in browser
  3. fix .osu download button not downloading as .osu extension
  4. fix .osu button appearing multiple times

Update v1.2.4

New Features:
  1. fix the previous fix not fully working
Hivie

RockRoller wrote:

@Hivie I assume the beatmap page button is a leftover from the old design, when discussion and beatmap page werent linked via tabs, but buttons. Its probably worth to make an issue on osu-web for it (make sure to disable the script before taking screenshots for github)
it's been there since the beginning of moddingv2 I think. so I doubt it'll be removed until the redesign which is taking a very generous amount of time, that's why I thought it'd be more efficient to do a feature request here
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Hivie wrote:

it's been there since the beginning of moddingv2 I think.
Yes it has been, however until not too long ago it was required since it and the "discussion" button where the way to switch between info page and discussion. Now however the discussion button is gone and this one seems like a weird leftover. Not sure if i will add it as a feature, but until then, here is some css to hide it:
@-moz-document regexp("https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/[0-9]*/discussion") {
.beatmap-discussions-header-bottom__content--details .beatmap-discussions-header-bottom__details:nth-child(3){
    display: none;
}

}
FAMoss
It would be good to revert back to the discussion button near the download button.
personally not a fan how the discussion button moved now.

I found several script that works but it would to great to get implements to this user-script instead.
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Update v1.2.5

New Features:
  1. the notification display in the tab title now should update at the same time in all open tabs
  2. use osu-web css variables instead of hardcoded colors. The script should not function nicely with e.g. custom css
  3. a new button on the beatmap listing that allows you to open the background image of the map
Chaseter
Thanks, it's awesome!
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Update v1.3

New Features:
  1. display beatmap metadata button also on discussion and not just info page (requested by hivie)
  2. convert ranks on user profiles to links to their respective ranking pages where possible (requested by chromb)
  3. allow for quoting in forum posts by selecting text. (old osu-web issue, biggest chunk of this feature coded by death, cleaned up by myself)
    Please be aware that the quoting by selecting text is a bit jank and does not always work perfectly. Death and I tried our best and it should be good enough:tm:
  4. fix notification display in tab title being broken due to a recent osu-web update
Aireunaeus
Nice Addon it actually made osu easier
Duck o-o
Damn i main forums now holy
- Marco -
Pog 1.3
FAMoss
this is should be fixed, especially for OCD users
Topic Starter
RockRoller

FAMoss wrote:

this is should be fixed, especially for OCD users
oh interesting, will fix that for the next version
Aireunaeus
It would be cool, if the [profile][/profile] tag be added too

That would be the symbol:

and also, this happened:
Duck o-o

Aireunaeus wrote:

and also, this happened:
yea this happened to me too, it fixes if you reload but i forgor if you have to reload the page or the settings lul
Aireunaeus

Dementedduck wrote:

Aireunaeus wrote:

and also, this happened:
yea this happened to me too, it fixes if you reload but i forgor if you have to reload the page or the settings lul
yeah it indeed fixes the problem afer i refresh it but i hope this shouldnt happen frequently
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Aireunaeus wrote:

It would be cool, if the [profile][/profile] tag be added too
sure, sould be no issue. Also no clue how that big wall of buttons happened, thought i fixed that ages ago. oh well, will investigate
Aireunaeus
sorry but i'm still waiting for the update 😫
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Aireunaeus wrote:

I completly forgot about this tbh. Ive created an issue for it, so hopefully i will get too it soon:tm:
OnLoong
hey, i noticed the button to expand descriptions and button to display detailed info for beatmaps are gone, is that a bug or it is my issue
Topic Starter
RockRoller

OnLoong wrote:

hey, i noticed the button to expand descriptions and button to display detailed info for beatmaps are gone, is that a bug or it is my issue
thats a bug that will hopefully be solved very soon
OnLoong

RockRoller wrote:

OnLoong wrote:

thats a bug that will hopefully be solved very soon
ok!
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Update v1.3.1

New Features:
  1. fix broken beatmap button
MarioUniverseZ
keeping the notification count will cause very high CPU usage. is this the browser's problem or a bug

Topic Starter
RockRoller

MarioUniverseZ wrote:

keeping the notification count will cause very high CPU usage. is this the browser's problem or a bug

this most likely is not related to the script, I experience no issues like that on either firefox or chrome
I AM VERY SMART
Everything is just so... perfect.
Aireunaeus

RockRoller wrote:

Aireunaeus wrote:

I completly forgot about this tbh. Ive created an issue for it, so hopefully i will get too it soon:tm:
Still waiting... 😩😩
MarioUniverseZ

RockRoller wrote:

this most likely is not related to the script, I experience no issues like that on either firefox or chrome

hmm that's weird... maybe I let other applications open(couple weeks ago I kept BlueStacks 5 open(with Hyper-V enabled)). I closed them now and chrome's CPU usage caps at 50-55%(toggling other chrome tabs/browsing discord servers makes the cpu usage up to 80-85%)

btw is this feature intended? although the global/country ranking links take me to the right place, the detailed information always shows my country rank with some HTML language when pointing global/country ranks:

Topic Starter
RockRoller
yea that isnt intended, already aware of it just did't get around to fixing it
too
Since the osu website now seems to display notifications in the tab bar by default, is it possible to add a feature to make them disappear instead of displaying them?

would appreciate your consideration.
Topic Starter
RockRoller
@too the feature will be removed soon as osu-web now does it nativly, until then please just turn it off
Hivie
i think too is asking if you could add something that disables the osu-web one (therefore there's no notifs), alongside deprecating the script's version of notifs (i will miss the envelope icon tho)
Topic Starter
RockRoller
OOOOH, that makes more sense.

Hmm, not quite sure how easy it is to nuke those, but I will look into it
too

Hivie wrote:

i think too is asking if you could add something that disables the osu-web one (therefore there's no notifs), alongside deprecating the script's version of notifs (i will miss the envelope icon tho)
yes thanks to explain for me
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Update v1.3.2

New Features:
  1. adds option to hide notifications from tab title
  2. new settings modal to allow for more settings in the future (tabbed panes)
  3. better page change detection
  4. add [profile] bbcode button
  5. fix hover titles for global/country rank being broken for mania
too

RockRoller wrote:

adds option to hide notifications from tab title
thank you for adding it. It is working after I delete whole notification before updating osu-web enhanced.

but if I have notification before it doesn't work to me (browser: vivaldi, chrome both I tried | last time notification count around 3000)
I think there is glitch if I have lot of notification? I don't know

anyway nice update!
Aireunaeus
finally after almost a year, it has been added 😭😭😭
Jason X
Sad, still no "view avatar" function for us non-GMT :/
- Marco -
new update, nice 👍
JustABeginner
Ooh! I didn't know it got update recently.
There's le profile icon. :3c
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Jason X wrote:

Sad, still no "view avatar" function for us non-GMT :/
ngl I completely forgot about that one, will be in the next release

too wrote:

I think there is glitch if I have lot of notification? I don't know
I have no clue how that is happening to you, I will see if I can figure out the issue (but probably not)
Jason X
Well since my PC (HDD) gave up recently here's an idea: An option to export/import settings and Forum Post Templates.
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Jason X wrote:

Well since my PC (HDD) gave up recently here's an idea: An option to export/import settings and Forum Post Templates.
You can actually do this already with tampermonkey. Open the tampermonkey menu, hit the arrow to fold out the menu and click "edit script". You should see a storage tab, just copy what is here and paste it on another machine.

I do have "sync with gdrive" in my todo list tho, so maybe one day that will happen
Hivie
is it just me or did download buttons disappear from the discussion page?

Topic Starter
RockRoller

Hivie wrote:

is it just me or did download buttons disappear from the discussion page?

Yea they did due to some site changes, already aware, just didn't get to fix it yet.
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Update v1.3.3

No new features this time, just a long overdue bugfix:

1. Fix discussion page features not working due to new data format