forum

Optimal CtB setup?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
So I play CtB casually (Used to play it a lot more when I could scorewhore to go up ranks. R.I.P rank #700 </3), and I was curious what confirguration most people use to play.

I currently use the left and right arrow keys, having my hyperdash on CTRL. My pointer and index finger sit on left and right, and my middle finger takes over left when I'm using hyperdash.

Is there any other way to place the keys that may help me play better?

I play mostly hard diffs, so I'm not in desperate need of hyperdash or anything owo.
eldnl
In my opinion, there is no a configuration that may help you, you should make your own and keep practicing with it.
Play insane maps, because focusing only on hard difficulties will not get you anywhere!
VelperK
Go default.
Lally

VelperK wrote:

Go default.
yap o3o so i do too
Use default lshift as dash and left and right arrows with index and ring finger or left arrow and down arrow with index and middle finger.
Get a good readable skin and play constantly all the difficulties, especially Insane and Normal diffs. ;)
Nitojgrem
I suggest you to just play with what's the most comfortable for you to play with... lol.
I think most CtB-player play with default or anything similiar to default. As already said, you should focus more on insanes (and from my own experience, go harder than what you can actually play. For me it was less frustrating to fail sometimes in CtB than in standard.... well, I had the aim to pass those diffs somewhen and nowadays I do with nothing, lol)
Deceitful
Gilochan

Lally wrote:

VelperK wrote:

Go default.

PlantVSZombie wrote:

yap o3o so i do too
Totally.. Btw try dash using left mouse click.. So fun
YERTI

CDFA wrote:

Is there any other way to place the keys that may help me play better?
well then a mouse dash is a must
Killua99
I use A for left and D for right with space for dash
Sey
For many people ugly but I use arrow buttons and dash with mouse.
Anyway, that's something you need to find out for yourself and what you feel most comfortable with.
Drafura
Rantanzyon
I just find yourself playing CTB with your new toy (I really want to try this !) :

Drafura
Sounds awesome :D
Azeidith
I use left arrow key for going left and down arrow key for going right and left shift to dash.
Kurokami
I prefer default but since I'm currently using laptop and the arrows ar soooo tiny I changed it. You just need to develop what is the best for yourself. There is no such a thing as optimal nor best setup.
Haha, bumping dead thread, created by a guy who now is really pro.

Optimal CTB cetup? Probably the setup you play better with.
Kurokami
Pro? I don't really think he is. Just an experienced player but not pro. Also bumping not always bad. Well, this thread is a bit useless but w/e.
Gangsterkill
using the arrow keys with my index and ring finger, and dash is occupied by my left thumb :D
ConanCloud
I prefer A+S+Shift with 1 hand :D
But search your own config, thats better :)
show more