forum

Optimal CtB setup?

posted
Total Posts
show more
YERTI

CDFA wrote:

Is there any other way to place the keys that may help me play better?
well then a mouse dash is a must
Killua99
I use A for left and D for right with space for dash
Sey
For many people ugly but I use arrow buttons and dash with mouse.
Anyway, that's something you need to find out for yourself and what you feel most comfortable with.
Drafura
Rantanzyon
I just find yourself playing CTB with your new toy (I really want to try this !) :

Drafura
Sounds awesome :D
Azeidith
I use left arrow key for going left and down arrow key for going right and left shift to dash.
Kurokami
I prefer default but since I'm currently using laptop and the arrows ar soooo tiny I changed it. You just need to develop what is the best for yourself. There is no such a thing as optimal nor best setup.
Haha, bumping dead thread, created by a guy who now is really pro.

Optimal CTB cetup? Probably the setup you play better with.
Kurokami
Pro? I don't really think he is. Just an experienced player but not pro. Also bumping not always bad. Well, this thread is a bit useless but w/e.
Gangsterkill
using the arrow keys with my index and ring finger, and dash is occupied by my left thumb :D
ConanCloud
I prefer A+S+Shift with 1 hand :D
But search your own config, thats better :)

Kurokami wrote:

Pro? I don't really think he is. Just an experienced player but not pro.
I mixed this guy and CLSW. :lol:
Azeidith

Kiwikun wrote:

I mixed this guy and CLSW. :lol:
lol :lol:
OsuMe65
CtB setup?

>facing my sqare monitor
>osu! at 640x480
>set aside mouse
>move KB in front of the monitor
>fingers on keys (left and right keys, and right shift for dash)
>glass of chocolate below

profit
Sore
Go default :D
Manuxz
Go default. :v
VelperK
default master race
newtoniorock8
Default.
Aqo
I've been wondering for a while, why do no CtB players use separate hand keys for left/right?
It has already been proven that it's much easier to click faster with two hands than one. On very fast maps you can get bottlenecked by the speed of your fingers when needing to constantly hit left/right a lot, and putting the directions on keys for separate hands will increase your upper limit for speed plays... isn't that so?

For example a setup like W and O for left/right (and then maybe Q or space or P for dash), use different hands for left/right -> gain more speed.

Anybody tried something like this?
Drafura

Aqo wrote:

I've been wondering for a while, why do no CtB players use separate hand keys for left/right?
It has already been proven that it's much easier to click faster with two hands than one. On very fast maps you can get bottlenecked by the speed of your fingers when needing to constantly hit left/right a lot, and putting the directions on keys for separate hands will increase your upper limit for speed plays... isn't that so?

For example a setup like W and O for left/right (and then maybe Q or space or P for dash), use different hands for left/right -> gain more speed.

I've tried it, but I have a way better timing with one hand. In CtB even if you have enough speed, missing one fruit in those kind of patterns will make you fail the entire stream. So I think most players choose timing over speed for their settings. (Also for streams in the other mods you hit the notes, in CtB you maintain the button pressed until next note, I think this is a big difference in term of gameplay when it comes to choose one or two hand).
Aqo

Drafura wrote:

Also for streams in the other mods you hit the notes, in CtB you maintain the button pressed until next note, I think this is a big difference in term of gameplay when it comes to choose one or two hand
I was thinking about this, but doesn't it really depend on catcher speed vs fruit horizontal distance ratios (and obviously presence of HT/DT since those affect catcher speed). Depending on the ratio, you have to intentionally pause and re-tap during sequences to catch them correctly, which is why I assume on faster maps speed plays an important role.

I agree that two hand coordination/timing is harder for somebody coming out of no particular background, but aren't there some CtB players who also play taiko or mania? For those I think a two hand setup might be more optimal. gotta try this
Drafura

Aqo wrote:

I was thinking about this, but doesn't it really depend on catcher speed vs fruit horizontal distance ratios (and obviously presence of HT/DT since those affect catcher speed). Depending on the ratio, you have to intentionally pause and re-tap during sequences to catch them correctly, which is why I assume on faster maps speed plays an important role.
At those speed (streams) if you have to pause and re-tap then you can most likely catch all the fruits without moving (don't forget the ryuuta size). Maybe using uncommon settings in the map (really small CS) can cause this kind of gameplay on streams, but I actually never encountered a stream (with a decent enough bpm) where you have to do that. (tldr; most spacing in streams are too close to move or too far to stop between each fruits)

Edit: Maybe I've encountered them but I don't remember, but there's again another solution here... You just do it without dashing.

Aqo wrote:

I agree that two hand coordination/timing is harder for somebody coming out of no particular background, but aren't there some CtB players who also play taiko or mania? For those I think a two hand setup might be more optimal. gotta try this
You could ask HineX wich is a really good player at both CtB and Std.
Aqo
I'll just try it myself heh
Gilochan

Aqo wrote:

actually my friend use quite similar setting. https://osu.ppy.sh/u/Rick--

his setting:
z = left
? = right
dash = right shift

He can play approve map quite nicely~ try search for your own ctb setting and keep practicing~ 8-)
Antilx
Sounds good like you have it now.
Ciyus Miapah
note: R= Right, L= Left, D=Dash
nice setting

for right handed
L -> Left button
R -> Right button
D -> S

for Left Handed

L -> A
R-> D
D -> Numpad 0
Kitokofox
Fort, what are you, prepared to play two osu!s on seperate computers and play ctb by yourself? :o
(That is, if you swap S and Numpad 10)
Dylans222
im pretty used to default and it will pretty much stay so
Yukiteru Amano
My Setup is a skin with White fruits and I normally play with 90% dimmed background. My controlls are num 1 + 3 and F1 for dash.
Amitte Sukku
My setup:
A - to go left
D - to go right
Arrow Down - to dash (I don't know why...)
Also, I'm using kawaiipandah's skin with Kagamine Twins :3
_sparky_
Mine are all defaults but I really should change how I dash....
i actually don't dash, I should I should

My skin when I play varies though
I normally change between 3 skins =v=

im using a koishi komeiji skin that i didnt find here.
Cheto
my config is like this:
A = Left
D = Right
LMouse = Dash
Little bit weird, but i can play with this pretty good :)
2janghoon
Let's go Default Key Users.
Shift-pinky
Index, ring finger.
The keyboard cover for shift is torn because of the fingernail....didn't even take a month..
index finger is strong, but ring finger gets stiff easily.
PhTom
is it worth to play with the mouse click ?