forum

How old do you have to be to play osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
uppercas3
How old do you have to be to play osu?
THAT_otaku
osu! is a game for all ages! You have to be old enough to be able to operate a computer though, I suppose :P

All songs with explicit lyrics are tagged as such, the only other place you'd encounter such things is people swearing here on the forums or in-game chat (usually people are chill though). All inappropriate content gets taken down by moderators. Because of this, there really isn't anything that would limit the age of people who can play, apart from their physical ability :)
[AlphaCentauri]
0 years old
Neigdoig

THAT_otaku wrote:

osu! is a game for all ages! You have to be old enough to be able to operate a computer though, I suppose :P

All songs with explicit lyrics are tagged as such, the only other place you'd encounter such things is people swearing here on the forums or in-game chat (usually people are chill though). All inappropriate content gets taken down by moderators. Because of this, there really isn't anything that would limit the age of people who can play, apart from their physical ability :)

Not all beatmaps that have explicit lyrics have that tag.
yarWe
3-5 years old?
dight_
probably about 5. they need some motor skills and hand eye coordination to play and so i think 4-6 is a good age range to guess in.
sweatyman123
at any age so after 5
MrStevie123
You have to be under the age of 15. It has scientifically been proven that playing osu over the age of 15 will cause the fallowing (source: trust me):
  1. everlasting pain
  2. fatique on a daily basis
  3. depression
  4. anxiety
  5. unusual bleeding from orifices
  6. and last but not least, ligma
Research into this topic has been ramping up in the last decade or so, these symptoms are found in the last 2 years or so. With technology advancing, I suspect we will a see lot more fatal cases. If you are still playing osu over the age of 15 and are not having any of the aforementioned symptoms, you are an exception and should definitely not comment "but I'm over the age of 15 and I'm fine" to mine. Good luck to you uppercas3, though after having looked at his profile and seeing him not having played in 50 days, i can't help but hope you found your way out.
RewLord
5-99 years
Helfy0
2years
upan
8 years
Vaizex
any age at which you have functional motor skills of course
qwt
osu! has never been on shelves so EA or Pegi hasn't rated it.
nothing says you have to be a certain age to play.
it's an all ages game
Apraxye

Reforms Expert wrote:

osu! has never been on shelves so EA or Pegi hasn't rated it.
nothing says you have to be a certain age to play.
it's an all ages game
Well said
[polarbear]
Note that, if you're under 13, you likely need parental consent to create an account due to COPPA laws.
Manishh
VOS Laika
I'd say age 13 cuz with COPPA law well ye you gotta have ya parents consent
B0ii
0-99 years old, I mean thats what Lego® puts on their boxes as the age limit
AccountWontWork

MrStevie123 wrote:

You have to be under the age of 15. It has scientifically been proven that playing osu over the age of 15 will cause the fallowing (source: trust me):
  1. everlasting pain
  2. fatique on a daily basis
  3. depression
  4. anxiety
  5. unusual bleeding from orifices
  6. and last but not least, ligma
Research into this topic has been ramping up in the last decade or so, these symptoms are found in the last 2 years or so. With technology advancing, I suspect we will a see lot more fatal cases. If you are still playing osu over the age of 15 and are not having any of the aforementioned symptoms, you are an exception and should definitely not comment "but I'm over the age of 15 and I'm fine" to mine. Good luck to you uppercas3, though after having looked at his profile and seeing him not having played in 50 days, i can't help but hope you found your way out.
MonkaS

I started when I was 16...
PiWter
It doesn't matter
show more