forum

If I don't have any kudosu and I want to rank the map (or qualify at least) what should I do?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Whistle_Python

If I don't have any kudosu and I want to rank the map (or qualify at least) what should I do?

My problem

I don't know how to modding someone beatmap and I don't know what good beatmap is, I wanted to rank my map (or qualifying it) but in wiki and forum say you need 12 kudosu stars for ranking but I don't have any kudosu for convert it into stars help me solve this please.
uwu
THAT_otaku
Thats a very old system, kudosu doesn't really do much these days (besides acting as an indicator of someone's modding experience). You have to get your own map modded to improve it, and eventually get 2 beatmap nominators to nominate your map and then it will become qualified. After a week of being qualified it will then become ranked. However, I don't mean to be rude in any way, but even with extensive modding, you sidetracked day map will likely not be rankable. Unfortunately you'll have to map a lot more and gain more mapping experience and knowledge for that to happen :?

Anyways, if you want you map to be modded, the best way to post in a Modding Queue. Read this post on how to use modding queues before posting in there though: community/forums/topics/726725

(I'm going to be rewritting the "Getting Your Map Modded" osu!wiki guide tonight as a matter of fact lol)

Hope this helps, Good luck with your mapping! :D
DeletedUser_13957006

THAT_otaku wrote:

kudosu doesn't really do much these days
bn
THAT_otaku
Ah right, also used as a requirement to apply to become a BN (200 for osu!standard BN, 150 for all other modes). Thanks Aiq lolol
Zelzatter Zero
To OP:

Where did you read that from? Kudosu star is basically diminished and replaced with hype system. Normally your map should have at least 5 hypes before you could find 2 BNs to begin with.
SilentWuffer

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Where did you read that from? Kudosu star is basically diminished and replaced with hype system. Normally your map should have at least 5 hypes before you could find 2 BNs to begin with.
I think they're referring to bn qualifications if you want to apply, as THAT_otaku said
Zelzatter Zero
I'd say we are mixing all information here. What OP wants is just how to rank a map, and pulling the BN application only makes it more confusing than it's supposed to be.

Just say that "kudosu is basically unecessary to rank a map, it's replaced with the hype system" and you're pretty much answer OP's problem.

To OP:

You need to have others hype your map (at least 5 hypes) before you can ask BNs to check.

At this stage, modding alone won't help anything. Go to Modding Queues or DMs, ask for feedback first. That way you can find the problem you're in and improve it in the next map.

Also, do not rank your map just yet. You still have lots of things to learn before making an actually decent map, if BNs check your map they will say pretty much the same.

TL;DR Map more first.