forum

[Mapping Contest] [osu!catch] 2021 Summer Featured Artist Cup [Sign-ups Closed] [Finished!]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wonjae
moving from the ctb forums to mapping discussion since i feel like it makes more sense if i post something like this here

Hey!

Welcome to the forum page of the 2021 Summer Featured Artist Cup for osu!catch. These seasonal mapping contests are on a much smaller scale than other contests like Olympiad and the Mapping World Cup contests CTB mappers would map for. Contestants are simply asked to map a lower and higher difficulty map from a pool of songs composed of recently added Featured Artists (which is where the seasonal aspect comes in). Since there’s often really long stretches of time without a notable mapping contest in CTB, I thought something like this would be a really nice way for mappers to compete and show off their individual skill in a lower-stakes casual environment.

Last time, we saw Jemzuu win the contest with his now ranked mapset of Rugie by Feryquitous feat. Sennzai, earning 50 dollars. We also saw a second place finish by Secre through his mapset of Renai Syndrome by Lime, and a third place finish by -Ken through his very own set of Rugie by Feryquitous feat. Sennzai, both of them earning 4 months and 2 months of supporter respectively. The forum page for this iteration can be accessed at community/forums/topics/1150841 .

Much like last time, direct announcements and updates will be in the discord which you can join HERE.

FORM TO SIGN UP IS HERE

The Plan:

Contest Overview

1. Contest will consist of one round where contestants will map a song from a Featured Artist that has been released within the season (within the 3 months of contest start date). Contestants can choose from a pool of songs to map that the judges will decide.
    Judges will be given a list of featured artists that were released over the last three months and will pick songs for the pool for contestants to map. This hopefully makes the contest feel more like a seasonal contest
  2. Each contestant has to submit two difficulties, with one being an Overdose or Rain, and the other being a Cup, Salad or Platter.
    Idealy, I want the winner's content to be uploaded and be accessible for across multiple skill levels to enjoy for that season.
  3. All submissions must be rankable.
    No mapset submitted must be intentionally unrankable. Mistakes happen and points will be deducted for them, but this is a regular mapping contest, not aspire.
  4. Maps must NOT be uploaded before judging and results are announced.
    Uploaded maps before judging is finished and results are announced will be disqualified no questions asked.
  5. Submissions will not be accepted after the deadlines.
    Just don't procrastinate

Summer 2021 Specific Information

1. Organizer
    wonjae
  2. Judging Team
    Rocma
    Nokashi
    -Luminate
    amogus 727
  3. The pool of Featured Artists will be in the timeframe between March 20th - June 20th from the judges to pick from. Sign-Up Deadlines end at June 20th 12:00 AM PST (UTC-7)
  4. Prizes
    Winner will get 100 USD and will be offered to have their set modded by myself as well as the judges. (if the winner is unable to get the money from me through paypal, then it will be $100 worth of supporter.) Since this is the 2nd iteration of this contest, I'll also contact support to see if a badge is possible.

2nd place will get 4 months of supporter as well as 20 USD and 3rd place will get 2 months of supporter by our ever gracious sponsors:
    Snowleopard
    Greaper
    SadEgg

high effort cover made by liyac!
Liyac
this is epic
Ascendance
source:
Topic Starter
wonjae

Ascendance wrote:

source:
:3c
Topic Starter
wonjae
big news, prize pool has changed from 40 USD -> 120 USD. This means that the prizes for top 3 have changed into:

1st place: 100 USD
2nd place: 20 USD + 4 months supporter
3rd place: 2 months supporter

special thanks to Greaper and SadEgg for donating each
Mrbinking
les goo
Topic Starter
wonjae
tis june 20th and the contest signup has closed o/
Topic Starter
wonjae
aight its over, BIG GRATS TO OUR PODIUM FINISHERS:

JEMZUU WITH DA FIRST

ILHAMUHARAM WITH DA SECOND

AND JBHYPERION WITH DA THIRD

CONTEST RESULTS SHEETS CAN BE SEEN AT https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zyYx76XLX-J-YiTbsmvNb2nrRuxGl8_b7DO7lynC0-U/edit?usp=sharing

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SEE YALL AT WINTER FOR THE NEXT ITERATION
JBHyperion
Thanks for organising the contest wonjae and judges for the great feedback.

Grats to Jemz and Ilhamuharam for their podium places!

Hope maps from the contest are pushed for Rank, see you all in the next one! /o/