forum

2020 Fall Featured Artist Cup (Mapping Contest) (Concluded)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wonjae
Hey!

So with Catch Mapping World Cup #2 reaching its final stages, I've come to realize that catch really only has 2 mapping contests which are CMWC and Olympiad, both of which being very large when it comes to scale and exposure. Because of this, it feels like there are really long stretches of time without a notable contest for mappers which is why I wanted to organize a seasonal mapping contest.

If anyone's interested, please join the discord for updates
Signups will be announced in the discord at a later date when things get finalized!

The Plan:

Contest Overview

1. There are no mapping pre-requisites required for participation!
    Anyone can participate as long as their osu! accounts are not restricted.
  2. Contest will consist of 1 round where contestants will map a song from a Featured Artist that has been released within the season (within 3 months of contest start date).
    This hopefully makes the contest feel more like a seasonal contest instead of something more yearly like o!cMWC.
  3. Each contestant has to submit two difficulties, with one being an Overdose or Rain, and the other being a Cup, Salad or Platter.
    Idealy, I want the winner's content to be uploaded and be accessible for across multiple skill levels to enjoy for that season.
  4. All submissions must be rankable.
    No mapset submitted must be intentionally unrankable. Mistakes happen and points will be deducted for them, but this is a regular mapping contest, not aspire.
  5. Maps must NOT be uploaded before judging and results are announced.
  6. Submissions will not be accepted after the deadlines.
    Just don't procrastinate

Fall 2020 Specific Information

1. Organizers
    wonjae
    Ascendance (map anonymizer)
  2. Judging Team
    Nokashi
    Rocma
    -Luminate
  3. Featured Artist Cuttoff Date for the judges will be November 25th. This would mean that any featured artist song that was released between August 25 - November 25 can be picked by the judges for contestants to map! Submission deadline will be on December 13th.
  4. Prizes
    Winner will get 36 $(USD) from my own pocket and will get offered to have their set modded by myself as well as the judges. (if the winner is unable to get the money from me through paypal then it will be 36$ worth of supporter.)

2nd place will earn themselves 4 months of supporter and 3rd place will earn themselves 2 months.

Big thanks to Snowleopard for helping with the prizes.

if anyones interested in judging contact me on discord at wonjae#2846

suggestions, thoughts, and feedback are strongly welcomed/needed since its the first time I plan on organizing something like this!
OneShotFox
ooooooooooooooooooo sounds good
Astreachan
Interesting, I will be in the party :3
-Joakh
Epic
ThachAnhHoang
Naisu, now time to map moar lul
Moeruattack
Cool, im in :3
_jpg
Sounds cool.
Topic Starter
wonjae
Signups are now out on the discord server, the deadline for entry is NOVEMBER 25TH GMT-7
Topic Starter
wonjae
Contest has concluded, thanks to all who participated and the judges for finishing their judging within 3 weeks!

Gratz to -Ken on the 3rd place finish winning 2 mo supporter, Secre on the 2nd place finish winning 4 mo supporter and Jemzuu for winning and taking home the prize of 50 dollars.

For those curious of results and scores the sheets are in the discord or at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rOhQ6lHfqePVpWw4iXwNdvUX7jcV32hZw6EgkzJe9JQ/edit?usp=sharing .