forum

thoughts on robeats

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SmilMan
robeats is the game that actually got me into rhtyhm games. however i do have some problems with robeats.

gear: gear is really broken in robeats. you can have a note 50 miles away and you can still get a perfect. gear is one of the reasons on why i dont do multiplayer matches. pretty much, you can just pay for your success. however, i think gear is fine as long as it doesnt help TOO much. i think its fine as long as it doesnt surpass around 195 gear power.

beatmaps (mainly their jack patterns): the beatmaps are fine, but the jack patterns need some fixing. an example of some jack patterns is in the song "dyscontrolled galaxy" (the normal version)

also some beatmaps have difficulties that you cant really agree with. an example would be "archive::zip" (normal) its a difficulty 15 map that feels like a difficulty 10 or 11, maybe even 9. the song just seems really easy to fc. other than those, the beatmaps are fine.

vip: (edit) vip is fine i guess, based on the reply by epic man, it seems understandable they need money. but, i dont like the inclusion of vip ONLY songs. say someone wanted to play dark sheep, but couldnt because either one, they're broke, or two, they dont wanna spend money on an online lego game.

final thoughts: robeats is fine, i get that games have limitations on roblox, and that rhythm games are rare, and that uploading music files is annoying. its a pretty good rhythm game for starters, but once you actually get good you should start playing real rhythm games like osu or etterna or something.
epic man 2
is there even anything wrong with jacks

also the developers have the transactions in the game because theyre working on licensing songs for the current song overhaul which is why your haha funny anime openings and wmg songs died
Topic Starter
SmilMan

epic man 2 wrote:

also the developers have the transactions in the game because theyre working on licensing songs for the current song overhaul which is why your haha funny anime openings and wmg songs died
at a fast speed, jack patterns can be really annoying. and to the 2nd part of that reply, i cant really say anything about that
[ Rynn ]
its not that good imo, its laggy and it dosent run well in my device (which is not very strong).

also its unfair to use gear multiplier since not every1 can afford that.

conclusion: i dont like the game anymore. it dosent run well in normal devices which is not strong, especially for the fact that its a rhythm game, the game is supposed to run well in any device (example: friday night funkin', osu!, etc.). of course it has a lot of songs (around 727 i think 0-0). fun game but its laggy.

also sorry for replying after a day lol
MasterJoshua456
I used to play it (and got decent at it) but decided to leave after the devs leant in on p2w too much
Like seriously they are locking bangers behind a paywall which is stupid.
Plus the gear needs to go man. Its getting too much. Im seeing ppl win against experienced ppl with gear.
VIP is good but a little overpriced if you ask me.
Also they still need to change some beatmap diffs. Like smile hard is obviously higher than 26 diff.

Final thoughts: Its alright but could use a alot of work of overhauling the gear system to be fair. Maybe a lb that separates gear and non gear users?
AddGore

MasterJoshua456 wrote:

Maybe a lb that separates gear and non gear users?
no gear leaderboards wont happen because top players can just make like so many alts and flood the leaderboard with them
not to mention how easy it is to make a roblox account (you dont even need email to make one)
PP segg man
eh robeats is truely a pain to get good at since you need to stick in the market place and AFK until you hit 10K - 20K ive stayed in the market place just trading and buying 1000 coin gems and sell them for double the price or 1800 depending on the item at the end of the day i got 12k coin profit
BlueberryBlue
I actually play way to much robeats, I managed to get 6 star rank and I still kinda hate the game and I think that the jack patterns are pretty messed up. I don't love the gear either because you pay to appear better at the game then you actually are. I can't say much about waves because I'm bad at them in general. I also started playing robeats before I joined osu so I guess all the time wasted was worth it?
epic man 2

SmilMan wrote:

epic man 2 wrote:

at a fast speed, jack patterns can be really annoying. and to the 2nd part of that reply, i cant really say anything about that
On the topic of jacks at a high speed, I have played maps that had minijacks at the speed of up to 280 BPM and I seem to play them fine although I don't usually use the sort of pattern when I chart a song at a BPM of that speed but then again, majority of players have their preferences when it comes to patterns and such.
Leigh Leigh
I hate the fact that it's 3D.
MVP1402
The maker of the game is kinda greedy, because everything you do can cost you money.
Gear (score), songs, and when you got temp ban (or what's it I don't remember) you need to pay when you can wait
tyukie
dead game