Pokémon Heart Gold & Soul Silver

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
K2J
Yes, the official copyrights have spaces. Some history:

K2J wrote:

SQUEE

Gold and Silver remakes all but confirmed!!

EDIT: Picture of the Gold & Silver spheres in question:

Zekira wrote:

GS REMAKES NOW FRIGGIN' OFFICIAL.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/game/g090508_01.html

...but seriously, though, what's with the names?! Heart Gold? Soul Silver? D:

K2J wrote:

Hey guys what's up? I'm told that the following can be gleaned from this (any Brazillians able to translate?):

* New sprites for Kanto and Johto Pokemon, Platinum sprites for Sinnoh Pokemon Diamond/Platinum sprites for Hoenn Pokemon
* New PokeGear, radio's still in, compatible with Poketch?
* Pokebox DS app on DSi, sort of like Pokemon Ranch, save Pokemon to DSi, transfer between games with one DSi
* Story's different
* can't catch Red Gyarados WHAT HE WAS MY FIRST SHINY NO
* Bug Catching Contest still in
* Can catch Ho-Oh and Lugia in both games, Legendary Dogs too
* Kanto's back, can get Kanto starters I'm GETTIN' ME A SQUIRTLE
* Mewtwo's back in the same place, so are Legendary Birds
* Safari Zone returns, Cinnibar too
* MORE EVENT ISLANDS. YAY. And also Celebi GS event
* Online Underground and secret bases, find fossils under Cinnibar
* Somehow get Hoenn starters in Battle Frontier
Yep, looks like they're trying to flush out the requirements of the GBA games.

Second floor in the lab, starter follows you around, wind effect.
(Note that the bullet points are unconfirmed.)

And now some new information from Nintendo Everything:

-Release date 11th Sept
-Preorders start on July 20th, same date as new movie, speculative preorder movie cross promotion
-From the Johto map, Kanto is hinted at
-Wifi Features Expanded
-Boy/Girl choice
-Skateboard
-Boy/Girl choice
-Suggested retail price of 4800 yen
- Female trainer not the one from Crystal
- More images of starter following you in Violet City, Azalea Town
- Will have area cutscenes from FireRed + LeafGreen (area you enter)
- Likely that all areas will have the cutscenes
- Trainer serves as a Support Role like Dawn & Lucas in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
So everyone whining about Kris being replaced by this,

rest somewhat easy.

Also, US copyrights.
lukewarmholiday
Event only shit is something that makes me hate pokemon
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
K2J
Yo houndour I heard you like mudkips so we put a remake in your remake so you can catch 'em all while you catch 'em all.

Honestly, if they're going to keep the same formula, you might as well be nostalgic about it. I hope for a major overhaul in Gen V; the III-IV shift was way to small. But for now, I'm somewhat contented by my inner fanboy.
RemmyX25
FUCK. YES.

I am SO getting Heart Gold. <3<3
Jinxy
Gold was my favourite pokemon game.

Sadly, the graphics on the real one were crap loaded with shit so I had to play ShinyGold, and there was no more update after in Kanto.
Rolled

awp wrote:

We weren't making enough money by remaking the same basic game over and over again, so we decided to remake a remake.

Remmy wrote:

FUCK. YES.

I am SO getting Heart Gold. <3<3
Reading these posts consecutively made me lol.
Zekira
FEI, you people do know that ShinyGold was a hacked game :\

Also, does anyone think I can use Ho-Oh effectively in ubers? I never really exploited the fact that Sacred Fire on that thing does huge amounts of damage with its insane attack. Not to mention I could 50% of the time burn incoming Rayquazas or what.
Ekaru
For the record, serebii.net has the actual correct info. So do other sites. Info in first post is mostly fake, including the 9/11 release date. We only know that it's in the fall. ;P

Will probably get Soul Silver. Why?

Because I'm a sucker. That, and if I was going to play through Silver/Crystal again, why not play a better version?
Jinxy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mm201
Topic Starter
K2J
I hate you.
An64fan
Zekira

An64fan wrote:

MetalMario201 wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

For the record, serebii.net has the actual correct info. So do other sites. Info in first post is mostly fake, including the 9/11 release date. We only know that it's in the fall. ;P
They're obviously not going to be released on 9/11 because the Tin Tower failed to burn down.
Lol.

In any case, Heart Gold for me. I have very fond memories of Gold.

I just hope they give Typhy back his punches. Ice Punch included. Even though they're physical now, they'd still make him a lot better. :|
...you could just use a Typh with Hidden Power Ice, too. :\
Shaymin
WyndII
OMG! it's here!! must released it NOW.... and get that DS fix and play that GAME.. >.>

gonna get those two!! XD no :idea: where to get money..
Zerostarry
Bump, here's video coverage of the odd colored Pichu that unlocks something in HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Ekaru
Eh, there's been plenty of info, like both birds in one game confirmed, and... look it up for yourself. ;)

The pokewalker will be nice. I may actually go outside for once!
MegaManEXE
I wonder if they'll even bring the Pokewalker to the US...we always seem to get shafted with these kinds of nifty things.
Zekira
The video that Zero posted has clear f'ing hacks. Charizard can't get 415 HP even with max IVs and EVs.
MegaManEXE

Zekira wrote:

The video that Zero posted has clear f'ing hacks. Charizard can't get 415 HP even with max IVs and EVs.
Oh wow I didn't even catch that

Nice one
Zerostarry
Yeah, Pokemon Project are the guys that made Pokesav. Dont know why they would need a haxed Charizard though..maybe to get through the game quicker? O.o
Ekaru

MegaManEXE wrote:

I wonder if they'll even bring the Pokewalker to the US...we always seem to get shafted with these kinds of nifty things.
Not recently, oddly enough. <_<; They've been making the Pole a big deal, actually, and are packaging it with the game. People want this. Normally this game would only sell for $30 (Since it's just a remake). They'll probably use this as an excuse to bump it up to $40 over here.

That, or keep it in. It's not like there's much for them to translate, and it'll get them a lot more sales. ;) Why? It saves the trainers time, and they're working on a video game OP, so... more money for them! :O
MegaManEXE

Ekaru wrote:

MegaManEXE wrote:

Not recently, oddly enough. <_<; They've been making the Pole a big deal, actually, and are packaging it with the game. People want this. Normally this game would only sell for $30 (Since it's just a remake). They'll probably use this as an excuse to bump it up to $40 over here.

That, or keep it in. It's not like there's much for them to translate, and it'll get them a lot more sales. ;) Why? It saves the trainers time, and they're working on a video game OP, so... more money for them! :O
askldfjklasdf

Now I'll actually have to buy the game
Zekira

Zerostarry wrote:

Yeah, Pokemon Project are the guys that made Pokesav.
No they're not. The original Pokesav guys just merged with ProjectPokemon.org. You'll see that the original Pokesav forums are still up just for archiving.

I don't know how to meddle with some of the hex values though -- I'm in good morale to actually not use Pokesav. I have a hex-looker, but I don't go sav.
Zerostarry
Zekira
OH LAWD THERE'S ALREADY TOO MUCH INFO ABOUT IT AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NOW I'M REGRETTING THAT I DIDN'T PREORDER THE JP VERSION DARN IT. GOTTA SAVE UP AND BUY BOTH NA VERSIONS THEN~

TOO MANY ADDITIONS, TOO. THE ONLY THING LACKING FROM HGSS IS A FEEL OF SINNOH (it has a touch of Hoenn, yes), but other than that IT'S SO FRIGGIN' LOOK FORWARD~ISH...

...*still waiting for the list of moveset changes*
Neo@lex
Prof. Oak has a new coat.
Silver/Heart doesn't kick you in the ass anymore.
Although the menu is always active on the touchscreen, time still stops if you click something.
The PokeCenters are amazing.
So are the title screens.
There are still no Kanji whatsoever.
Zekira
Silver DOES kick you in the ass -_-
Munchlax
Ahh Almost forgot about this lil game, I just visited serebii and there's a flood of updates to catch up with. Now time to find the rom :V
Neo@lex

Zekira wrote:

Silver DOES kick you in the ass -_-
It doesn't show him kicking you, you just jump backwards whilst your little pussy pokemon does nothing to help you.
Zekira
Uh yeah, I'll still consider that kicking lol
aRiskOfRain
Pffft, there was a very low rating] review stating BLATANT FACT on GameFAQs and guess what? IT GOT TAKEN DOWN. http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/review/R136756.html The page still exists if you want to see it. By that I mean some dots. Looks like GameFAQs can't handle the truth (if it is).

It was said to be a blatant rehash with some copy and paste from the previous games with no originality at all, with dialogue aimed at preschoolers. There was no pokémon that was unique, and in fact had no redeeming features, unless you have an extreme nostalgia fetish. He did try to look at the positive in the game to create a balanced review, but unfortunately all he could get is that it's another pokémon game.

Instead, the reviews page is covered in a slew of games that hastily skip over the fact that pen park and battle frontier is copy/pasted and that the difficulty level of the game is rediculously easy, and instead focus on how it's a "great pokémon game". Are these die-hard fanboys? Was the person who wrote the review listed above a troll, or a genuine let down fan. Screw you GameFAQs, I guess we'll never know.

If any of you with some Google wisardry could get the past version of that page, that'd be awsome.

EDIT: And let's see how quickly this review is bashed on the forums. http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/review/R136759.html
Neo@lex
> complaining about repetition
> pokemon games

5ku112
Liked this review? Thought it was well-written and other users need to know about it? Just click to recommend it to other GameFAQs users.
no

Obviously this guy doesn't know what numbers are.
[deleted user]
Well, that review made no points about what he was saying. He liked the graphics but gave it a 5 because it was too much like a game that just came out? The graphics between Platinum and Diamond were pretty much the same! But the graphics compared to Gold and Silver is totally different, is it not? It's a REMAKE of Gold/Silver, wouldn't that matter more than if the graphics are the same as Platinum? As for the gameplay score, it's a POKEMON game! When in the entire series has the gameplay ever changed? And if you liked the other games, why would you dislike the gameplay in this? If it's not broken, don't fix it. Funny that he likes the music in the game despite it being the same as other games in the series in his opinion but the gameplay and more fails because of this? I can't really comment on anything about the actually game, I haven't played it but even I can see the flaws in his review. Just sounds biased and mean.
mekadon_old

Zekira wrote:

OH LAWD THERE'S ALREADY TOO MUCH INFO ABOUT IT AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NOW I'M REGRETTING THAT I DIDN'T PREORDER THE JP VERSION DARN IT. GOTTA SAVE UP AND BUY BOTH NA VERSIONS THEN~

TOO MANY ADDITIONS, TOO. THE ONLY THING LACKING FROM HGSS IS A FEEL OF SINNOH (it has a touch of Hoenn, yes), but other than that IT'S SO FRIGGIN' LOOK FORWARD~ISH...

...*still waiting for the list of moveset changes*
I pre-orded Jap ver.
I understand, but I'm sooo not used to Jap ver.
Remember: megami>megamium>megaman>megatron

AND THY lucky still able 4 thunderpunch xD
Topic Starter
K2J
Western names revealed, and:

The international versions of these games will have a change to the Game Corner, similar to the European version of Platinum taking out the slot machines. Instead, we'll be getting a minesweeper-type game, which I suppose is better than nothing and will probably hold my attention longer than slots. But neither version has the Card Flip game from the original games, for some unfathomable reason.
Ekaru
Let's be honest; who actually played the slots instead of just fighting the guys that gave like 20K a battle with Amulet coin over and over again?

Exactly. Will still get it though.
RemmyX25
I ... um...

I frequented the slot machines....

.__.
Topic Starter
K2J
I did it when I was bored or just had a few minutes to play, I guess, especially the less gambling-oriented Diamond/Pearl ones. Even though I don't really use them that often, it just feels wrong to not have them in a Pokémon game.

Oh, and the building got waaaay smaller in the interim, too. At least the music's there...

Maybe we'll fare better with Celadon Game Corner? At least, maybe it won't be so small?
Mogsy
So, I built some type-specific teams for fun, and once I get my friend code and a reliable wireless connection, I'd be happy to battle anybody once HGSS comes out and I transfer my teams to HG.

My catch? I only fight with double battles.

Steel team 1
Steel team 2
Grass team 1
Grass team 2

The weakest team out of the bunch is definitely the second Grass team, but it'd still be fun to battle against, if you can dig a double battle weather gimmick.
Zekira
Oh hey, another double battler. I'm not that experienced with Double Battling myself, but I've at least an idea on how everything works and how different it is compared to singles. If you want, I can battle you sometime, though tbh I only have 1 Doubles Team atm lol
Pokebis
I just preorded the North American version because this is a game that unfortunately won't make great sales because it is a niche game coming from a low-income company that can't really advertise. Since it won't sell well I decided to increase sales and give this company money in hopes they continue adding great new innovative features to each new unique title in this colorful series.
Also, the Lugia figurine is lower quality than I expected. I think including a piece of hardware with a game is the best anti-piracy method.
Pokebis
Today I went back to Gamestop and got the promotional Jirachi on my flashcart.
I do own a copy of Pearl, though.
Zekira
Wait what. How were you able to do that on a non-legit cart o_O

Which reminds me that I have around 12 more extra of those Jirachis so anyone who might need one can take one from me :)
Pokebis

Zekira wrote:

Wait what. How were you able to do that on a non-legit cart o_O
I was slightly skeptical, but I already know normal wireless worked. I have a G6DS Real.
Cuddlebun
you can also do the old Jirachi thing with colosseum but that's going to be a little roundabout. Worked with Diamond dunno if it'll work for this.
Vanmonky
/me hates anti-piracy.
Pokebis

VanMoNky wrote:

/me hates anti-piracy.
show more