forum

osu! Public Release b674 [Available]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
Several new features are now available with this release, including Widescreen support and Autopilot mod, as well as several other bug fixes and optimizations. Of course, the most major change you will notice is that osu! no longer requires codecs to play videos. If you find any specific videos which do not work, please report them.

Tablet not working? Read this. Will be fixed in next public.
Video not working (on a specific map)? Post about it in this thread. Will likely need to be replaced.
Widescreen not "widescreen"? Correct - only the menu is. The rest is letterboxed for the time being. If you prefer stretched, don't use a widescreen resolution.
Loading maps in multiplayer may be a bit handicapped at the moment. I'll see what I can do about this in the near future.

Major Changes:
(+) Added "Mark all maps played" option under maintenance.
(+) Added AutoPilot mod.
(+) Added confirmation button for beatmap rating, and slightly changed design/display.
(+) Added scrollbar to lobby player list.
(+) Added widescreen support
(+) Chat supports multiple links per line of chat.
(+) osu! no longer needs video codecs.
(+) Distance spacing is stored per-beatmap.
(+) In-game scoreboard always shows song leader at all times.
(+) Incoming private messages open in new tabs by default. (Can be changed in Options > Online)
(+) Music control on main menu now has a toggle for permanent display of song info.
(*) 'z' key in editor jumps to first hit object.
(*) Performance improvements.
(*) Bancho announcements contain osu! chat friendly links.
(*) Changed behaviour of hover selection to include the "snapping to current" behaviour.
(*) Changed skinning engine's handling of animations to give correct priority to beatmaps over skins.
(*) Greatly reduced memory requirements of large storyboards by unloading textures after all references are lost.
(*) Improved beatmap deletion - much faster and more reliable.

Full changelog can be found at.. the changelog
aburningman
Was this the update that osu! just wanted me to do? :U
YoshiKart
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
aburningman
Okay well I guess it is xD
Just wanted to say that the new ranking thing is distracting with it's bright yellow-ness. Also, why put rank #1 when someones playing a map? Seems redundant.

ALSO: The background doesn't change if you do F2/Random Map. You have to play it for it change or manually select the song. Just a little thing I noticed :<
Topic Starter
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old
aburningman

strager wrote:

aburningman wrote:

Also, why put rank #1 when someones playing a map? Seems redundant.
See: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=11286
Eh? That seems kinda dumb. I mean you already see the "champ" before the song is even started, so what's the point? If it's bragging rights, one can see who is #1 on the song selection or even the song page on the site. If it's a goal, then yeah I can see that but shouldn't you be trying you best all the time? And if you can't get past #40 than it doesn't matter what rank #1, anyways.
anonymous_old
GbL
Nice work, peppy.
Now, caramell's video is view, hoho
aburningman

strager wrote:

For replays it's interesting.

Also, people wanted it, so people got it. If you don't like it, too bad. Play another game. ;P

Comments on the updated in-game scoreboard, while we're on the subject:
I dislike the lowered opacity on the non-#1 non-self rankings. All scores should have the same opacity.
I dislike the brightness of the first-place position.
Understandable.
I agree with your comments, though. And could you make them like the blue they were or something? That yellow is just....gah. Also, is it just me or do they seem slightly larger?
Topic Starter
peppy
Can someone please record the whistle sound? It shouldn't sound different, so is likely an issue with the audio setup (it also sounds fine to me and no testers complained...).
anonymous_old

peppy wrote:

Can someone please record the whistle sound? It shouldn't sound different, so is likely an issue with the audio setup (it also sounds fine to me and no testers complained...).
Can you provide a DLL/EXE/whatever to be able to revert to the older version of osu! to record what it was before? Thanks.
Derekku
Rono_old
Minor bug:
If you put a video which has video codec problems, video doesn't shows and background turns black.
Topic Starter
peppy
Daru
Temporary tablet support workaround

You'll have to navigate the menus with the mouse, or you'll spam bancho with "zzzzzzz".
Use this until the bug is resolved.
Derekku

peppy wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

Minor Bug: If you uncheck 'Background Video' in options, it rechecks itself once you've closed and reopened Osu.
Fixed
Thanks. I believe someone already mentioned that opening an .osu file in notepad from the editor doesn't work. If not, there it is. Otherwise, everything looks okay minus what others have mentioned.
Mystearica
I think there's a problem with widescreen support. I picked 1920x1200 fullscreen in Options as that is my monitor's native, in the main menu everything's good, but when I go to multiplayer or single player the resolution goes back to 1280x960 and I get 2 big thick black bars on the sides. Like this:

http://ranka.enigmaticentity.com/images ... hot094.jpg

It's like this during play as well, really annoying. Though if I just pick any of the 4:3 resolutions instead of 16:9 or 16:10 fullscreen will size it up like it was before without widescreen support.
Topic Starter
peppy

Mystearica wrote:

I think there's a problem with widescreen support. I picked 1920x1200 fullscreen in Options as that is my monitor's native, in the main menu everything's good, but when I go to multiplayer or single player the resolution goes back to 1280x960 and I get 2 big thick black bars on the sides. Like this:

http://ranka.enigmaticentity.com/images ... hot094.jpg

It's like this during play as well, really annoying. Though if I just pick any of the 4:3 resolutions instead of 16:9 or 16:10 fullscreen will size it up like it was before without widescreen support.
This is correct behaviour.
aallie_old
nice work peppy!

I quite enjoy the widescreen mode, and so the autopilot mod.
:D

my tablet click doesn't work (nor it has key binding option), but it's ok. I recently learnt to navigate most menus with the keyboard and do spinners with the z-key.

edit

sneaking icon change too. looks much better.
show more