forum

I'm finally decent at 7k

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YYONN
I started playing 7k late 2019/early 2020 and now I'm able to play 4* maps. Jakads was the one that mainly inspired me. His plays always amaze me and I like to rewatch his videos.

I remember hitting a wall at 2.5* and 3.5* and was very demotivated, but I figured that I already spent so much time on 7k it'll be a waste to stop now and I kept on playing. I also think I've progressed slower than other players and it might be because I'm very picky about my song selection. (please map more SDVX and CHUNITHM songs)

Being good at 7k might have helped me in being better at other rhythm games? I stopped playing BanGDeam! when I first started my 7k journey. But when I got back into it, I was able to FC extra and special difficulties on BanGDream. I also tried games like Muse Dash, Arcaea, Project Sekai, Phigros, and Maimai and I was able to do the higher level stuff fairly quickly. But I'll probably get the same result if I focus on 4k. I'm still bad at osu!standard but I don't see myself getting back into it anymore.

I also noticed that 7k is DYING and I'm fxcking depressed about it because 7k is so fun and interesting. Everyone can look at 7k pros and call them gods or aliens but they honestly haven't gotten the attention and respect they deserve for being able to do these amazing, out of this world plays.

7k seems difficult because it is difficult. But so is 4k and standard and every other game. Its not any harder because it has more keys, you just haven't put enough time on it. And if you put in the same amount of time on it as every other game, you'll get good at it.

Anyway, I wrote this D grade essay to have A forum post I can look back on in the future and cringe at, so I'm sorry for my bad take and horrible english. I promise I'll focus on English class more. And please try out 7k.
bombtrack
Ngl I think it's way easier to get hooked at 4k than 7k lol.

YYONN wrote:

I remember hitting a wall at 2.5* and 3.5* and was very demotivated, but I figured that I already spent so much time on 7k it'll be a waste to stop now and I kept on playing.
This is so me right now lmfao but I'll keep trying.
yarWe

YYONN wrote:

I also noticed that 7k is DYING and I'm fxcking depressed about it because 7k is so fun and interesting.
yeah, i hope more people will have interest in 7k
xBomb72
7k will rise again.
Lights
we just need a few new 7key streamers and some flashy new 7key dans full of camellia songs.
Koomoko

YYONN wrote:

I also noticed that 7k is DYING and I'm fxcking depressed about it because 7k is so fun and interesting. Everyone can look at 7k pros and call them gods or aliens but they honestly haven't gotten the attention and respect they deserve for being able to do these amazing, out of this world plays.
Not wrong, but nothing can be helped. I hit the 5* 7k wall now and even with converted map I still feel the number of beatmaps are too little, can't really tell how to improve by now because I don't feel like repeat the same number of map over and over help.
Arona

Eriichika wrote:

Not wrong, but nothing can be helped. I hit the 5* 7k wall now and even with converted map I still feel the number of beatmaps are too little, can't really tell how to improve by now because I don't feel like repeat the same number of map over and over help.
If you feel like you're running out of variety of maps to play. There's the unranked section for that. There are SO many 7K maps hidden in the unranked section, you really just need to put the effort in finding good 7K maps that you like.
mRNA
As a beginner, It just feels like mania is missing so much. If I'm not mistaken it is the 2nd most played mode after std. So I don't get why it is like this. I can't even imagine what ctb players feel like. I guess all the changes are preserved for lazer, hopefully it will be worth the wait. Well, I'll continue playing regardless because I love it.
Picot Gris
Glad to see another 7k player.
If you want to test new things, you can play the BMS convert too:
community/forums/topics/721917
https://mega.nz/file/ZEF11Q5Y#mZyCowHg5cUxqksBuzwAyDf8fVlJxqy_PHO8vQXXD6w
Koomoko

LackPoints wrote:

If you feel like you're running out of variety of maps to play. There's the unranked section for that. There are SO many 7K maps hidden in the unranked section, you really just need to put the effort in finding good 7K maps that you like.
Yeah I do lack of variety of maps to play even with all those converted map. I don't really know how to find good unranked map, normally I search for the maps of beatmap creators that I actually like (their mapping style), but I don't think they make the map that maybe fit my current level atm (around 5*) or maybe I didn't find enough map, could you give some advice about how to find those good unranked then, would be appreciate for that.
Arona

Eriichika wrote:

Yeah I do lack of variety of maps to play even with all those converted map. I don't really know how to find good unranked map, normally I search for the maps of beatmap creators that I actually like (their mapping style), but I don't think they make the map that maybe fit my current level atm (around 5*) or maybe I didn't find enough map, could you give some advice about how to find those good unranked then, would be appreciate for that.
Well I can recommend you some 7K mappers that fit around your skill level.

kasumi99 - has a lot of variety, ranging from rice to long notes. very good for practicing in 5* range
pporse - rice oriented, although some of it might be difficult but still excellent for rice practice
arcwinolivirus - lots of variety. some of it might be a bit hard
Flexo - long notes galore
Wonki - rice and stamina galore
Cryolien - hybrid maps, both rice and ln

Those are some mappers that I can currently think of for now. I can add more but it will fill up this thread so no lol

As for finding new maps. Joining 7K multi lobbies is pretty good in that, however you need to get lucky in finding a 7K lobby that is actually fits around your skill level.

If you have more questions, feel free to pm me :>
Aiju_old_1
7k is ded time to quit.

But for real, I think most players that try 7k in this game are either complete newbies or are coming over from other games (like me), so there is almost no one on intermediate (sp1-sp10) levels. I couldn't find a single 7k lobby when I wanted to multi.
animeslayergp
7k is to hard and has less songs,4k is better
ICanNotDoSlider

animesquadgp wrote:

How does that make it better other than being easier to approach?
animeslayergp

ICanNotDoSlider wrote:

animesquadgp wrote:

How does that make it better other than being easier to approach?
1,theres more people playing 4k so you have a good chance of finding someone your lvl to compete against

2.you can customize the skin to your liking most of the time in other games like stepmania,etterna,ffr,quaver vs with 7k,your stuck with those awfull bar notes if you choose to play 7k outside of osu

3.you can just tap super fast

now im not saying 7k is bad,i ss a 6 minute 7k map earlier today,but im just saying its inferior to 4k
Aiju_old_1

animesquadgp wrote:

2.you can customize the skin to your liking most of the time in other games like stepmania,etterna,ffr,quaver vs with 7k,your stuck with those awfull bar notes if you choose to play 7k outside of osu
If you say you're "stuck" with barnotes in 7k outside of osu it just means you don't really know 7k, 7+1k and where did all these games come from in general. Nothing wrong with that, just citing it as a reason for 7k to be inferior makes little sense. Especially with o!m being the game that just mashed all keymodes together and called it a day.

animesquadgp wrote:

3.you can just tap super fast
That's the reason I dislike 4k. Less pattern varitey, less focus on tech. Extremely simplified LN play compared to 7k with it's history of o2jam, canmusic and udon sabun.
More focus on raw speed means players who excel at different skillsets and/or don't have the physical ability to reach vibro, usually due to injuries etc, get locked out of high level play.
In 4k you will be basically playing the same shit but faster from about 4th dan onwards, while on 7k you'll see new patterns being introduced even around kaiden/azimuth/whatever-these-dans-are-called-now-I-was-out-of-the-loop-since-genoside-2018.

tl;dr 7k Is more complicated, harder to approach, maybe more obscure with less players. But inferior? Hell no.
b00merhands
4k is the only keymode worth playing. The rest are irrelevant.
ICanNotDoSlider

b00merhands wrote:

Can't tell if this is satire lol
Aiju_old_1

b00merhands wrote:

rhythm games are irrelevant
animeslayergp

Aiju wrote:

b00merhands wrote:

rhythm games are irrelevant
you sound salty
show more