forum

Visual Settings and Flashlight Change [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ThisManzzz
Hey,

I would like to start by saying that the Visual Settings panel and the addition of 100% background dim are both great features. Especially now that you can "access it better" in Multiplayer. One thing I would like to suggest is: why not have an option that automatically enables the best available settings in the settings menu? For example, an option to dim to the highest you are able to automatically; this being 50% on unfinished maps and then 100% if that map is being played again after completion, or in Multiplayer. This also goes with the beatmap skins as well as the custom hitsounds. I think that it would be much easier to access it at that point, since you can immediately turn off the skin in a Multiplayer session, as well as the hitsounds, without needing to restart the match; which you cannot do in Multiplayer.

My next request would be to allow for a "Flashlight+" mod, in which the Flashlight gets smaller at the regular rate, regardless of combo breaks. Let's say you play the map, you get a 400 combo, the spotlight is very small, you break combo, the spotlight does not change, at the point where you would have gotten a 500 combo, the spotlight gets smaller once again. This change, I think, would be very useful for people wanting to just practice using the mod, at realistic levels. This is so you do not need to get a full combo in order to simulate your reaction time later into the song.

Any reply to this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
theowest
About the automatically enable visual options (when available):

"Disable SB": t/103555/
"Ignore skin": t/117868/
Yours is about specifying what visual options you want to automatically enable when they're available, right?

also
Keep to one request per topic.
Topic Starter
ThisManzzz
Thank you for your reply,

The reasons I chose to have two topics in my request are:

1. I didn't know :S
2. I thought it would be annoying to look at two posts by the same person
3. I'm just lazy :P

It's just as you say, except with the options that I proposed.
Oinari-sama
This Request also related.
theowest

Oinari-sama wrote:

This Request also related.
that sounds like the true duplicate to this! marking this as duplicate
ThisManzzz, feel free to create a new topic about that flashlight request
Topic Starter
ThisManzzz
Thanks for letting me know about this! I upvoted the thing with the stuff I was talking about like twice ;)
I'm just going to make another post while copy pasting everything about the Flashlight thing - to damn lazy to be bothered.

Thanks again. Really hope that thing happens.