forum

osu! release b20130220

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
Bringing you a new build with quite a few important changes, as well as around 30 bug fixes. Read on for the specifics.

1. Start updating your skins to support double resolution elements, which should make them look quite amazing on high resolution screens.
  2. Less widescreen limitations in the editor when it comes to placement and selection.
  3. A small design change to online user panels, as well as support for 4-panel-wide (or more) for all widescreen resolutions, where previously there was a gap to the right.
  4. Ranking support for Hidden and FadeIn mods in osu!mania (finally!)
  5. Lots more flexibility to the way samples can be imported, and a redesign of the sample import dialog for osu!mania.
  6. Upside-down support for osu!mania – think DDR-like (add UpsideDown:1 to your skin.ini).
  7. Improvements to how the mod selection dialog displays and works internally.
  8. Bug fixes all over. Catch up on the full uncensored changelog if interested!

Remember, if you've found an issue, please report in the tech support forum rather than in this thread. Feedback is welcome in this thread, of course.
Loves
There's a problem peppy,

I can't play 60% of my maps now because everytime I click on them, it just exits the song and says "This beatmap cannot loaded successfully".
Topic Starter
peppy

Lily-Kun wrote:

There's a problem peppy,

I can't play 60% of my maps now because everytime I click on them, it just exits the song and says "This beatmap cannot loaded successfully".

peppy wrote:

Remember, if you've found an issue, please report in the tech support forum rather than in this thread. Feedback is welcome in this thread, of course.
dkun
Loving the new userpanel. 8-)
Love

dkun wrote:

Cristian
That is the best way i can delete my friends, thanks.
Bass
Great update :D.
Also great feature with ucp and mutuals. Would like to see who added me yet though(ie "stalkers" ;))
theramdans
love the user panel~~ (Y)
Lanturn
User panels look pretty nice, and I'm glad the rank's update normally now when you swap modes (after playing a song)

My only question is.. Is FadeIn supposed to be a Gold S? I would think Silver like hidden/FL since its pretty much the same thing by making notes harder to see.

Not that it matters much in Mania. Just wondering if it was meant to be Silver or Gold
qlum
higher ress skins are nice since I always kind of hated the not perfectly roundness of circles in some skins.
NobodyNuf
this game update everyday, and everytimes... thanks for make it better <3
Lenka174
The user panel is very good :lol: :lol: :lol:
dMaxb
umm....something changed in the user panel... I can't tell what exactly changed... but it looks much better than b4!! :D
Seph
oh my god i dont lag the fuck out when i click on people on userpanel now. yay!
kriers
I love the new user panel design, but the text shouldn't be this blurry. It's not comfortable for the eyes.
Topic Starter
peppy
Text will be improved over time. Enjoy the extra column of user panels until that time comes.
Oinari-sama
ZOMG when was this ninja added?!

EDIT: Oh wait that was from ages ago =.=

Is it just me or are the mod buttons more vibrant now?
Babukus
Liking the new user panel design. I guess the pf/nc mods are easier to select now rather than having to drag then click to activate them.
Kunieda
I like the user panel <3
Kynan

Lily-Kun wrote:

There's a problem peppy,

And strangely it doesn't happen when you re-download the map and don't delete anything ;) but if you re-delete the BG, guess what ? POW you won't be able to play it anymore once again :D Thanks again for preventing us of playing the way we want ppy ^^

*oh jeez shitstorm again ! run everyone !*

But I have to admit the new user pannel is good ! Can we change the skin of the squares where the friends ID are ? Because it looks like ranking pannel's default skin :<
TheVentus18
Perfect! :)
Blaziken
Their must of been some performance fixes since I can now play on Widescreen 1440x900 without lag.
Krenyez

peppy wrote:

1. Ranking support for Hidden and FadeIn mods in osu!mania (finally!)
  2. Lots more flexibility to the way samples can be imported, and a redesign of the sample import dialog for osu!mania.
  3. Upside-down support for osu!mania – think DDR-like (add UpsideDown:1 to your skin.ini).
osu!mania Yeah :)
Chema

kriers wrote:

I love the new user panel design, but the text shouldn't be this blurry. It's not comfortable for the eyes.
This. My eyes are being hurt because of the blurry text :| consider editing this in a future please~

Edited: Already watched this:

peppy wrote:

Text will be improved over time.
Ok ;) try to do it asap please :(
Ca Calne
osu!mania: Support upside-down skins (DDR style).

how can you guys do these kind of mod?
Dolphin

peppy wrote:

Less widescreen limitations in the editor when it comes to placement and selection.
Now we just wait for proper Widescreen SB =w=
Inori
Ah, awesome ^^

Upside-down o!m skins, WHEE!

...Wuh oh.

Um..

If any of you are using my osu!mania arrow noteskins, don't enable upside-down mode.

It reverses the arrows as well so up arrows will go to the arrows going down, etc.

k4mm3r

No offense, but there have been many useless changes
skillrighter
Best User Panel NA
Kynan

k4mm3r wrote:

like always, like always...
Birdy

Bass wrote:

Would like to see who added me yet though(ie "stalkers" ;))
Ryusei-Z

kriers wrote:

It's True
Topic Starter
peppy

k4mm3r wrote:

There will always be "useless changes" if you focus on the minor ones and ignore the important ones – ie. the ones listed in the opening post.
TheVileOne
I feel there aren't any useless changes. Basic support for HD skins, and more osu mania features. A lot of small bug fixes including some really annoying multiplayer ones. I'm sure there are still a lot of beta features being developed that aren't ready for public consumption. There's simply no need to criticize the importance of released features, because features are added to the game all the time. A brand new osu mania editor was added the other day, and I would hardly call that a useless addition.

Just saying.
Jenny
I like those 'useless changes' - just need someone to enlarge my skin files properly now, orz
Frosthart
Awesome User Panel. and its amazing how I don't need to wait for a day to see the changes in my rank. :D
Though the lower part of the box in "friends only", "Show Locked" and "Show in Progress" in the multiplayer is missing.
shimiciel

Love wrote:

dkun wrote:

kriers
looking good after the blurry text was fixed. Good job peppy! :D
Ca Calne

Inori wrote:

Ah, awesome ^^

...Wuh oh.

Um..

If any of you are using my osu!mania arrow noteskins, don't enable upside-down mode.

It reverses the arrows as well so up arrows will go to the arrows going down, etc.

tell me how did you do that ;w; i want to play like DDR and PIU ;w;
vipto
Wow thanks for all the awesome new editor features <3
Gon
Not sure if hidden is working.. I just tested it on some short map (9x300 didn't beat 8x300). I had DT on though. Can someone else confirm this?
MillhioreF
Mod multipliers in mania work differently than in other modes. To sum it up, they essentially reduce the score penalty for getting 200 and below - SS isn't affected.
SAMIING
我的osu不能按東西,鳴鳴 :( :( :(
xSensenmann
nice update
BUT~
I can't barely reach 60fps anymore on shaders and I wased used to 140+ fps =~=
extrem lag spikes now
and i have quadcore processor with neat graphiccard x.x (didnt changed anything at the computer)
BrokenArrow
Sweet.
Mio_96

Blaziken wrote:

Their must of been some performance fixes since I can now play on Widescreen 1440x900 without lag.
not really my fps at 1024x768 decreased from ~ 1000 to 90-150 max 300 in-game

xSensenmann wrote:

nice update
BUT~
I can't barely reach 60fps anymore on shaders and I wased used to 140+ fps =~=
extrem lag spikes now
and i have quadcore processor with neat graphiccard x.x (didnt changed anything at the computer)
I have almost the same

fps dropped dramatically
Inori

Ca Calne wrote:

Inori wrote:

Ah, awesome ^^

...Wuh oh.

Um..

tell me how did you do that ;w; i want to play like DDR and PIU ;w;
t/113032

Download that skin and all magic will be revealed.
theowest
So many bug fixes! Awesome update.

too bad that slider bug came along, kinda ruined today's mapping experience. t/119688
Rouri Rika
... *speechless*
grumd
Really nice changes! Especially new mod selections. Old mechanism was too hard to understand. I had no idea how to turn on Nightcore mod for a while. Now it's simple and fancy!
show more