forum

Do you get "constantly" better or from one day to another?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shadowyuri
For me it always feels like "from one day to another".
I'm a total stream Noob and after 1 Week of training I couldn't get better at all, so I put them aside and started playing Val0108 maps :D

Came back after 2 days to one of my favorite stream map and could FINALLY beat the longest stream on the map, FC[Only the stream] as well.
I ended up playing the map 87 Times in a row and STILL failed cause I was SO exited that i can pass the stream now that I failed the jumper afterwards every time lol. Im scared that I can't stream this well tomorrow again

How is it for you?
Hika
I get worse everyday. trufax.
Marcin
Topic Starter
Shadowyuri

Alpaka wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/13
Oh I'm sorry. Can it be moved somehow? :F
James2250
Yep, moved!

(Also I have been at exactly the same skill level for the last year however much I play :( )
Liut
I notice the most my improvements when i quit for 2-3 weeks and comeback
Aqo
played better in July than I can play today.
no reason to play anymore \:D/
silmarilen

Hika wrote:

I get worse everyday. trufax.
Kanye West
I think I improve every day, but I improve so damn slowly that I can't notice it. Almost 40k playcount and still can't FC insanes \:D/
-GN
I took a break from playing for a week quite recently. Once I started playing again, my accuracy had quite noticeably improved, as well as my jump skilss. Streaming stamina had suffered a bit, though, but I'd gladly trade the latter for the former considering how unbalanced it is at the moment.

It's the same case with Stepmania, although I only play it once a month on average but I still get better at it for whatever reason.
GoldenWolf
I can't play anything above 210bpm anymore since 2 months, but I got better overall, especially in accuracy.
Maybe I do get better everyday, but it's so slow I don't notice it, except when I take a short break.
[Kanzaki Ranko]

Liutprando wrote:

This.
And I get worse whenever I try playing a map over and over (like doing 1-miss on 4 first attempts, then almost failing everytime)
Zare
When I was forced to take a break from osu becaue of being sick, I was worse when coming back. Like, my stream speed was even shittier than it is usually, i couldn't jump anymore and I had to play a few days to get my accuracy back.
Oh well.

Anyway, if I don't take breaks, I actually do think that I'm gettin better everyday. On some days I am better at speed, on others I'm better at jumps, but I usually am constantly improving.
Mints

Maav wrote:

Liutprando wrote:

This.
And I get worse whenever I try playing a map over and over (like doing 1-miss on 4 first attempts, then almost failing everytime)
Omg I have the same problem! >.< and I guess I improve everyday, just not significantly.
MillhioreF
My skill level grows very slowly over time, but mostly it fluctuates. Like, one day I'll be okay, the next day I'll be totally horrible and can barely play anything, then I'll be all right, and once a month or so I get a random skill boost and set some amazing record before falling back into failhood.
SESIN
I notice only that I'm getting worse.
Hika
This thread reminded me of something just now. I recall taking a 3-4 month break from osu! because I wasn't interested anymore. When I came back, I played Scarlet Rose my first run & made the highest score that I couldn't have possibly made before. I can't beat it now because my hands are weak.

I mean sure, there are some times where my hands are like 'oh yeah, we can rank this' or 'streamy maps pls' but most of the times out of the month, my hands just kinda flop around & freeze. It may just be that the seasons affect my ability to play. I also play better after drinking an energy drink. Don't know why, really.
Almost
I got a lot better since last month but at the moment it seems I've been stuck at this skill level for a while and I think my stream stamina has gone down as well.
Oinari-sama
I can feel that I'm doing slightly better every week. I like doing 30min warm up routines everyday and just spend the rest of the time playing for fun. Retry some A/B ranked maps from a week ago and voila - it feels a lot easier to FC - Satisfaction :D
-GN

Hika wrote:

I also play better after drinking an energy drink. Don't know why, really.
Isn't that, you know, half the point of energy drinks in general?
show more