forum

osu! zen [STD]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Koldef
Really flat and minimalistic skin. But if you think it's too minimalistic, there are built-in modifications

Important things

1. Recommended cursor size: 1.75x - 2x
  2. I do not know how to create hitsounds, so I took them from here
  3. Feather open source icons were used

Screenshots and gameplay

Download

1. Download .osk from Dropbox
  2. Download .zip from Dropbox

Acknowledgments

Thanks to Tin Shell and _Ageltary_ for testing my skin
RockRoller
Some things I noticed:
  1. menu-button-background is hard to see on bright map backgrounds, would make it more opaque.
  2. selection-mode-over is missaligned and has the wrong size

The hitbox should be 184px wide (HD), which it clearly is not
  3. icons size on the song selection is inconsistent
  4. icons size and alignment is inconsistent on pause/fail
  5. the cursor just looks awful at non 2x scaling, tho sadly there is nothing that can be done against that
  6. the black box on the ranking panel is barely visible, should probably also be a tiny bit more opaque
  7. hit50 has cutoff glow
  8. I don't see why your menu-back has to be 250px high and therefore cover the left part of the hitbox of the personal ranking, should just be 180px high
  9. using latest in the skin.ini for Version: is bad, you should use 2.5 instead.
  10. the followpoint isnt animated
  11. play-unranked also has cutoff glow
  12. nice to see some numbers in the extras, since a lot of people will have problems with the blank hitcircles
Topic Starter
Koldef

RockRoller wrote:

Some things I noticed:
  1. menu-button-background is hard to see on bright map backgrounds, would make it more opaque.
  2. selection-mode-over is missaligned and has the wrong size

The hitbox should be 184px wide (HD), which it clearly is not
  3. icons size on the song selection is inconsistent
  4. icons size and alignment is inconsistent on pause/fail
  5. the cursor just looks awful at non 2x scaling, tho sadly there is nothing that can be done against that
  6. the black box on the ranking panel is barely visible, should probably also be a tiny bit more opaque
  7. hit50 has cutoff glow
  8. I don't see why your menu-back has to be 250px high and therefore cover the left part of the hitbox of the personal ranking, should just be 180px high
  9. using latest in the skin.ini for Version: is bad, you should use 2.5 instead.
  10. the followpoint isnt animated
  11. play-unranked also has cutoff glow
  12. nice to see some numbers in the extras, since a lot of people will have problems with the blank hitcircles
Thank you а lot. I didn't know how to enable hd sprites, so I couldn't control it
RockRoller
You can go to your osu!<PCUsername>.cfg file and edit HighResolution from 0 to 1. This will force osu to use HD sprites even on SD resolutions.
Topic Starter
Koldef
Thanks
Top Raw Man
Don't really like how small the cursor is. I also don't like how transparent the songs are. Make the thumbnails (pictures) not treasparent and the text clearly visable and will use. Great start tho.