forum

Is there a way to make the catcher skin have a line in the middle that extends infintely upwards

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ZachStarAttack
Is there a way to make the catcher skin have a line in the middle that extends infinitely upwards so I can watch the catcher and the top of the screen for fruits at the same time? I think that it'd help, especially when I'm playing with a platter skin that's more accurate to the hitbox.
RockRoller
Nope, not possible
Topic Starter
ZachStarAttack

RockRoller wrote:

Nope, not possible
Alright, why not? How far up can I get the texture? The height of the plate of the default skin?
Vis Major
Based on the wiki's information, there are only 16 pixels (suggested to be completely transparent) above the catcher's plate hitbox. Probably because the catcher image is positioned vertically on the playfield based on where the top of your image is, so extending the catcher image will just move the rest of the catcher image down instead of functioning how you want.
Topic Starter
ZachStarAttack

Vis Major wrote:

Based on the wiki's information, there are only 16 pixels (suggested to be completely transparent) above the catcher's plate hitbox. Probably because the catcher image is positioned vertically on the playfield based on where the top of your image is, so extending the catcher image will just move the rest of the catcher image down instead of functioning how you want.
Why not just also add some pixels under the model as well? That'd be good, then I could have a little line in the middle, however long or short it is to help me aim.
GPR

ZachStarAttack wrote:

Why not just also add some pixels under the model as well? That'd be good, then I could have a little line in the middle, however long or short it is to help me aim.
Well, that's not how the game works.