forum

What is the difference of skins for specific mods?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dumbledoor
I see these DT, EZ, no-mod, etc. skins, and after comparing them with most regular skins that don't have these 'tags,' I can't see any differences. The only difference I saw so far is that most DT skins use the colorless pure white hitcircles found in most Rafis skins. But I don't know how different colors help with playing mods.

So what are the differences? Why do people, especially high-rank players, have different skin versions specific for no-mod and different mods? Also, I haven't seen any skins for mod combos like an HDDT or HDHR skin. So, why do skins for specific single mods exist but not for mod-combos?
I would love to understand the reason behind those skinning decisions.

Thanks for your help in advance.
RockRoller
It is just preference. Some people simply prefer different gameplay elements depending on the mods applied.
Topic Starter
Dumbledoor

RockRoller wrote:

It is just preference. Some people simply prefer different gameplay elements depending on the mods applied.
Thank you. That is what I figured would be the case. But I thought there might be more too it since I saw a video by tokaku about how gamma affects how early or late you see the circles. But I guess gamma isn't something that you can change with a skin.
Anyway, thanks again. :)
RockRoller
Oh, one thing I forgot to mention is that when you see HD or SD in the skins name it probably wont mean the according mods, but rather is the skin is HighDefinition or StandardDefinition.