forum

osu! World Cup #3 (Concluded - Korea wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Aqo
Ok next round will come with an FL pool.
It will also have an AR11 (10+DT, that is) pool. I hope you enjoy.
silmarilen
hidden notes are ok, if they make sense with the rythm, not a jumpy pattern where half of the notes are behind a slider or something
GladiOol

Aqo wrote:

Deal.
AmaiHachimitsu
Most of teams have about week time -/+ 1 day till the matches. Anyway, two days are more than enough to play the map 2,3, GOD EVEN 5 TIMES! But well... "Since I can complain, let's do it"

@AmaiHachimitsu: You used the meme wrong. Good job, I applaud to you.
Oh really, explain me then how to use it, looking forward to see it. As far as I remember this meme has NOT any special scheme. But well... Maybe you're that hidden meme expert.

@Aqo, I never said it was too hard.
Since it's not hard, why do you even argue about saying shit about memorizing like if it was something really demanding.

Back to the skins. Player's setting is one of the very important issues when playing seriously. I can sightread the map quite easily with my skin and it tests your eyesight apart from the rhythm sense in this case. Nobody's gonna care if you use some flashy skin. Use whatever you want to win that does apply to rules. "I love my skin and I won't change it" - sorry, nobody cares. You're not the best hidden player, why not practicing sightreading a little?

If i had to choose, I wouldn't use HD/FL for any tournament. But since it is applied here, well... nothing happens. I wouldn't complain about it just for the sake of sheer complaining.

Most of you will SS it anyway and will forget about the whole situation. It's inevitable. So why dafuq should we start with this flame shittin? Dunno if you're looking for some excuses when you lose or sth. God knows... wait, god doesn't exist. No one knows then.
jesse1412

GladiOol wrote:

Aqo wrote:

Deal.
Will there still be hidden notes :( ?
-GN
if memorization wasn't a part of rhythm games, no map should have to be played twice by anyone because nobody is going to do better than their first try anyway.
AmaiHachimitsu
if memorization wasn't a part of rhythm games, no map should have to be played twice by anyone because nobody is going to do better than their first try anyway.

That's the point. AR 10 is read nearly perfectly only by some unique players. HR maps should be played more than once, twice.

As to that quarrel with Gladi, we're done with it. I hope. So now please let us two shut the fk up about it.
jesse1412

-GN wrote:

it's not memory, just physically better plays.
Wishy

ouranhshc wrote:

Fabi wrote:

What adjetive you want? covert, dissembled, occult, unseen? They are hidden notes because, in this case, they fade away.
Thats not what a hidden note is. A hidden note IS a note that can't been seen at all. For example, a pattern that has notes that back track and/or covered by hitbursts. The same way a hidden repeat is called a HIDDEN repeat because the repeat cannot be seen at all.
When your sense of rhythm gets better and your reading skills get at least decent you stop having trouble. Both Hidden picks are damn easy, I'd say there are no more than one or two "hard" traps on each one.

If you guys want to play to play a rhythm game for real, please tell us it's not like we can't pick maps, change OD to 10 and submit them on multi-accounts so you guys can enjoy your rhythm game. osu! is about reading, aim and rhythm, if all you want is a rhythm game go play Taiko on relax. And since you qq about rhythm stuff, I expect everyone to get SS since accuracy is "easy".

By the way, every map we picked until now is easy, there have been NO hard picks yet and I'd dare to say the only somewhat hard FC we picked was Space Rainbow, rest are really not that hard to FC if you manage to stay calm. :/
ouranhshc
why the heck are you quoting me?
Wishy
Because you qq about notes you can't see when that's one of the skills you need on Hidden, you can either play by memory or know they're there by rhythm/reading.

Hidden real difficulty is about map reading, makes snapping harder and reading patterns harder. Rest is basic, if you can't read/predict some hidden notes then it just means you're bad at that, congratulations, now you know something you can improve at.
fabriciorby
only osu! default skin allowed this round
ouranhshc

Wishy wrote:

Because you qq about notes you can't see when that's one of the skills you need on Hidden, you can either play by memory or know they're there by rhythm/reading.

Hidden real difficulty is about map reading, makes snapping harder and reading patterns harder. Rest is basic, if you can't read/predict some hidden notes then it just means you're bad at that, congratulations, now you know something you can improve at.

If you actually read nashmun and my posts, you woould have clearly seen that we were explain what a FUCKIN' HIDDEN NOTE WAS.
Wishy

ouranhshc wrote:

Wishy wrote:

If you actually read nashmun and my posts, you woould have clearly seen that we were explain what a FUCKIN' HIDDEN NOTE WAS.
Fabi already knows what a hidden note is, they're called overlaps by lots of players, but English hurr durr.

But yeah sorry guess I just went with the flow.
Metro
CXu
I'm probably late to this hidden thing, but hello \o/
45nen is completely sightreadable (as in, SS-able on first try). Use followpoints; hurrdurr.
Glazbom

fabriciorby wrote:

only osu! default skin allowed this round
laport
Salvage
Wtf does my skill with hidden have to do with this?

Then can you guys take Usa song out since i cant do it? i haz not enough speed thankssss

Really guys stop bitching, it really doesn't take more than 10 tries to figure out the hidden notes and remember them (or figure them out by rythim as well), rotate players if you don't feel confortable with hidden, that should've part of the 'strategy' of the tournament.
Wishy
Really good match, congrats NL.

Ukraine was so close. Really wp.
Gorlum
This was epic. Thanks to the Netherland team for this great evening.

Here is the log.
http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/5200525
zozozofun
We're like, so stoned atm
Topic Starter
Loctav
Listing some serious changes to the ruleset and staff:
-> Removed Valentiino
-> Removed those
-> Added lolcubes as mapset selector
-> added ztrot as Tournament Management

-> Recovery is allowed for now and will prevent you from being marked as "Failed" in results. This is the result of this being changed (refer to changelog)
-> Disconnects/Force Starts lead into a rematch. This can happen up to twice and will be enforced by Tournament Management. If it happens more than twice, the player is considered as "left on their own".

Updating OP later.
fartownik
Also added a public poll for the topic of recovery.
Fabi
What a fucking boss laport, good job there ;D!!

Gz NL!!
fabriciorby
laport carry
buny

silmarilen wrote:

memorization is not a difficulty increase, its just a gimmicky way to make people miss.
This 100%
KRZY
I voted no for the recovery option. The game itself doesn't allow scores to be submitted when you fail a map; no reason for this to change in a tournament.
LnDSuv
Recovery fits usual multiplayer perfectly. You never know when a phone call occurs or your little sister comes to get on your nerves.
But not serious events, like tournaments. Just prepare in advance: tell your parents you're busy, tell your little brother/sister to gtfo, switch off your phone and win owc.
Vish024
It's a bit late to introduce recovery now after the first round is over. Who knows how the matches could've gone with recovery. The tournament has been played so far without it and therefore it should remain that way. Maybe in the next OWC you could consider it.
buny
We should have rematches in case somebody misses too.
deadbeat
i agree with LaVolpe024, adding something like recovery should be done before the first game, not once the matches have started.
XPJ38
I agree too.
Fenek Alfa
I'd say yes, but don't introduce it during the round FFS! This tournament has a bad case of gimbologic already.
Naikaze
I voted yes, but then again I don't think it should be implemented in the middle of the wc, should've been from the start
silmarilen
you guys are forgetting that recovery is actually part of the game, and it not showing in the mp stats is only a bug.
Kanye West

silmarilen wrote:

you guys are forgetting that recovery is actually part of the game, and it not showing in the mp stats is only a bug.
But then why fix the bug and allow recovery to count if it hasn't in past games? It's better to keep consistency throughout the tournament rather than a sudden rule implementation that potentially alters match outcomes.
silmarilen
thats what the poll is for
Wishy
Not this time buddies, remember some players failed and lost matches because of that.
Vish024
I'm genuinely astonished at the number of people who've voted yes.

buny wrote:

We should have rematches in case somebody misses too.
Oi! You can't make harmless jokes here, you should know this by now.
show more