forum

The Bossfight Topic

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Epic bossfights go

(inb4 every other post is sephiroth or something like that, or other generic crap)

Omega Zero - MMZX
Slain087
Valukar (or however it's written) - GS2; Don't tell me stealing your summons and forcing them out isn't novel.
Star Magician - GS2; Fuck you and your balls.
Demifiend (I think - he's the optional boss) - DDS; I mean, come on, he's so overpowered you're essentially a random encounter to him, with Nocturne music to match.
Yukari Yakumo - Perfect Cherry Blossom; Sure, most of it is a harder rehash of the Extra boss' attacks, but the last couple of attacks were suitably epic.
Saturos
adam2046
The big snake thing in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.
But only because it was so damn hard for me, that I only realised that I had risen from my seat at the end of it (needless to say I put the game away for a while.).

Fights with Nemisis/Burkin/Mr.X Res Evil 2 & 3
Jarby
Giant Butterfly Pope from Grandia II.

I laughed hysterically. The boss battles before it are hard, then the game shoves this in your face as a final battle. The whole setting is pretty epic, with a fancy battle theme and end-of-the-world background, but it doesn't even have any special techniques, just basic magic that you can learn in the first quarter of the game.
m980
All M&L Bosses GO!
Ivalset
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
RemmyX25
I would say Flandre Scarlet in EoSD, but I haven't gotten that far. I've only watched on YouTube.

... shit i forgot what i was gonna say. I have some of them, but I'm coming up blank.
[Youmu]
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Pokebis
Shadow Barkley from Charles Barkley's Shut up and Jam: Gaiden
The first form of it is the one winged angel. THE FIRST FORM!
YoshiKart

m980 wrote:

All M&L Bosses GO!
And Paper Mario 2.
awp
adam2046
Pyramid head was epic just by standing around.

On the topic of Shadow of the Colossus, I liked they big beardy guy because...you know, the beard.
VincentLaw
SotC is epic and flawless as game but is easy even in hard time attack mode

hmmm hard boss...

Yiazmat from Final Fantasy XII

50million HP is Lotsa Fun =D
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Oh, wait, the final boss(es) in Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 were both pretty epic as well.
TRIANGLE MASHAN
Detective Tuesday

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Omega Zero - MMZX
Indeed.

In fact, each last boss fights in the Zero games are incredibly epic.
jonathan_old
Neo@lex
Ganon - LoZ:WoG
Running dude - Cheetah Men II
That robot that sounds like C3PO - Halo 3
Robotnik with the ball thing - Sonic the Hedgehog
Robotnik with the hammer thing - Sonic 2
Super Metal Sonic - Sonic & Knuckles
Mouser - SMB2
Koron - DDMS: Duo
The Tank - Left4Dead
GLaDOS - Portal
Zant - LoZ: TP
Chaos 0 - Sonic Adventure
Flying Dog - Sonic Adventure 2
Ripto - Spyro 2
GARY MOTHERFUCKING OAK.

Also, does Uboa count as a boss fight?
Metroid
awp
Gaadjin
Here's my definition of epic: The Vigoorian Emperor from Ninja Gaiden (Xbox).
Ivalset

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Oh, wait, the final boss(es) in Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 were both pretty epic as well.
TRIANGLE MASHAN
Kingdom Hearts was a movie, not a game.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Pokebis

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Ivalset wrote:

lukewarmholiday wrote:

TRIANGLE MASHAN
THIS IS TRUE
INDEED IT IS
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday

Pokebis wrote:

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Ivalset wrote:

THIS IS TRUE
INDEED IT IS
QUOTE LIMIT LOL
Slain087
Kingdom Hearts 2 was okay, but it doesn't outmatch Metal Gear Solid 2 and Xenosaga Episode I.
Cuddlebun
Ashurafrom Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

not really for epicness, but for being so fucking annoying and hard to kill. I had to just gangrape her with Naesala, Tibarn, and Ike with lots and lots of healing. And I STILL always lose someone.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Dawn brigade chapter is the only hard chapter with a proper team setup.

Prove me wrong.
Atmey

Todesengal wrote:

Ashurafrom Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

not really for epicness, but for being so fucking annoying and hard to kill. I had to just gangrape her with Naesala, Tibarn, and Ike with lots and lots of healing. And I STILL always lose someone.
I left all the three kings outside, its a mircale how I managed to defeat here without them. thought I had to split the group so I devided power equally, and I blessed wrong weapons.

MGS4: Ocelot/Liquid Snake.
MGS3: The Boss.
Kirby Crystal Shards (N64): first last boss.
Okami: Kyubi and Orochi.
Kingdom Hearts 1&2: Sephiroth. (lol)
FFX: Jecht

I probably forgot few.
An64fan

neo@lex wrote:

GARY MOTHERFUCKING OAK.
Lol.

Tales of Symphonia had some pretty epic fights. I don't remember which were the best, though. I know that Mithos in his weird robot thingy was pretty neat, though there was definitely something else that topped that by far. Oh, I know, it was that Colosseum team fight. I don't remember who it was, though. But that fight was fucking hard. And unfair. :( It took me several tries and eventually I think it was I had to take in Lloyd, Zelos, and Raine, beat down their healer again and again, and then swap between Lloyd and Zelos, attack the other two head-on, and waste away more Life Potions, except I wouldn't have many left after taking out the mage...

ToS: Dawn of the New World - When you beat Alace's golem thing. Not really the fight, though. After the fight, when Tenebrae gets blown up. :| Also the fight against Richter at the end of the game. And then fighting yourself in your head. Damn spoilers are spoilertastic.

Just one more...

The fight against Yami in Okami was freaking epic. As if the entire game wasn't amazing. All three parts of the fight were awesome. It was hard, saturated in plot, and a worthy final boss fight for a game like this, I'd say.

Oh, and Waka has a lightsaber. XD

EDIT: Owait that was more than three parts. Duh. *smacks head*
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Cuddlebun
An64fan

Todesengal wrote:

An64fan wrote:

neo@lex wrote:

GARY MOTHERFUCKING OAK.
Lol.

Tales of Symphonia had some pretty epic fights. I don't remember which were the best, though. I know that Mithos in his weird robot thingy was pretty neat, though there was definitely something else that topped that by far. Oh, I know, it was that Colosseum team fight. I don't remember who it was, though. But that fight was fucking hard. And unfair. :( It took me several tries and eventually I think it was I had to take in Lloyd, Zelos, and Raine, beat down their healer again and again, and then swap between Lloyd and Zelos, attack the other two head-on, and waste away more Life Potions, except I wouldn't have many left after taking out the mage...

ToS: Dawn of the New World - When you beat Alace's golem thing. Not really the fight, though. After the fight, when Tenebrae gets blown up. :| Also the fight against Richter at the end of the game. And then fighting yourself in your head. Damn spoilers are spoilertastic.
Jesus yes I remember the Colosseum at the end. Fucking annoying. I ended up being lvl 110 before I could kick their asses. Abyssion though was a bitch.
I think I'm still only around level 80-85... Lol.

But yeah, Abyssion too, forgot about him. Evil bastard, lying jerk, freaking strong, and such an ass. I've forgotten how many times it took me to beat him. I think I eventually ended up using tech combos on him. Like... Demon blade to Raining beast or something like that.
GSR_old
I solo'd Abyssion with Raine, just because I could.
An64fan
Oh, something to add to my list.

Alhanelm in FF: CC: Ring of Fates. I think I figured the best way to beat him was fighting in the second play through. Focus attack him a few times, and then RUN LIKE HELL to the far right side of the stage. Used to run up and jump and try to slash at him a couple of times with Yuri's sword but then when I found out the focus attack was more efficient and easier, I was happy. Still was a hell of a fight though. I mean, he could bomb you with painful statuses with his magic, and his own focus was DEADLY and he was quick to pull it off when you got close enough to hit him (so you'd get a couple strikes at him and then have to do that running like hell thing). :( I worry how it will be for my 3rd play-through.

Oh, and Yami in Okami. Again. :P I mean, it's not necessarily hard. It's just freaking long. I mean, half hour at least for it I'd say. Then again, the fight's absolutely seeped in plot in the beginning and in the later parts, and is quite a fun fight despite the length, so I don't mind.
fireriku546
Shadow Teddie from Persona 4 and
Red from Pokemon Gold (the music made it super epic in fact theres a beatmap of a remix of it)
Zatoichi
Nachy
Hand to hand fight with Liquid on MGS 1 & 4. Also The Boss at MGS 3.
Mogsy
MegaManEXE
Zatoichi

Mogsworth wrote:

I thought Skeith was piss-easy.
You probably weren't using a Wavemaster. Skeith easily beats the shit out of them.

Mogsworth wrote:

...now I want to play the G.U. games

Mogsy

Zatoichi wrote:

Mogsworth wrote:

I thought Skeith was piss-easy.
You probably weren't using a Wavemaster. Skeith easily beats the shit out of them.
Actually, I had a Wavemaster (can't remember whether it was Mistral or Elk; probably Elk, because Mistral r bitchcaekz). It was a bit difficult to keep them alive, sure, but I made sure to set them to healing and I was rather quick on healing them, as well. I dunno, maybe I just found it easy, I'll try INFECTION again later.

Speaking of .hack and contributing to this topic, I thought that the Cubia boss fights in the .hack games were rather badass. Simply because Cubia is LOLWTF.
Zatoichi
Considering Cubia is the polar opposite of the Key of the Twilight, Cubia is often compared to the Antichrist, especially in the //CONGLOMERATE era. You satanic fursuiter.

Also, the Key of the Twilight is whatever ends up saving "The World" in the end.
Diokatsu
I loved the fight against Grey Fox in the first MGS. It was so cool just because of the line "Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon." <3
awp
I just beat Earthbound on PSP. Giygas is a pretty nifty fight.
DoubleJumpingJoe
I liked the final boss of Disgaea, just the whole build up between Angels and Demons eventually squaring off to put an end to the whole fiasco. The normal ending was the first one I got and man was that epic.

Another one would be the Spider Queen from Okami. Just the sheer size of her and the fact that this is technically the first boss you fight against and it is to one of that caliber. [Not counting Waka as the first boss, more like a mini boss...I don't know why.]
YellowerYoshi
Zatoichi

YellowYoshi1 wrote:

cheap money scheme
Remember the scene with Otacon in MGS4 about how you need to switch disks? Its kinda like that.

By the way, Net Slum is always your final server. Every time.
Azure_Kite

KH358/2 days has a mission where you fight 6 boss heartless in succession. The debris wyvern heartless (debris something, anyways), is a real toughie, because if you get his by it's shockwave you can get a condition which sets you to level 1 for 30 seconds. then it's one hit KO. on the other hand, at least you retain your mission progress.
Azure_Kite
show more