forum

osu!stream Discussion

posted
Total Posts
show more
peppy
I will setup a discussion board on the stream site in the near future. Currently backlogged too far with higher priority stuff.
CXu
Is there plans for any difficulty increasing mods such as Hidden, Doubletime or Hardrock? Just wondering
Randy96
CXu
Yay me reading stuff
Bakario
i want the skin 8|
Behon
Bought it, really enjoying it. 2 questions that I can't find answers to, though:

- Are there any plans to add English songs for DLC from smaller/indie bands?
- Are there any plans or even the possibility of enabling custom skins?
mm201
Yup
Nope
artpiggo
It's like an accuracy-based game. :)

Challenge in another way.
Towjow
I don't know why, it might be my ipad, but the reactiontime of this one is kinda different that the official osu iphone version. I often get 100 here on that sunrise song while I get 300's on insane songs on osu iphone.
Roga-don
When I wanna have perfect timing, I gotta delete all background tasks (you know, double click on the main button)
Towjow

Roga-don wrote:

When I wanna have perfect timing, I gotta delete all background tasks (you know, double click on the main button)
I have 3.2.2. Got no multitasking on my ipad for less lags :D
Jinxy
To be entirely honest sometimes I think the mapper forgot not everyone has a playstyle that can reach double notes that are both into the far side of the playing field. My thumb can barely reach the other side of the playing field when double notes like that happen.
peppy
Try placing your device on a flat surface and playing with two fingers, or adjusting your grip so you don't have both hands gripping each side of it. I support with both hands, but don't grip tight, so thumbs movement is quite free.
Behon
Is the store down for anyone else?

Also, could there possibly be a way to set up email notifications when new songs are put out, or should I just check the Twitter feed?
Zekira
Just a question; how many objects can be placed simultaneously at a given time?

*totally hoping its 6 so that he can continue to fantasize about PnM-like notecharts on this lol*

[/obviouslyhaven'twatchedanyvideosyet] [/obviouslydoesn'tknowanything]
OzzyOzrock

Zekira wrote:

*totally hoping its 6 so that he can continue to fantasize about PnM-like notecharts on this lol*

[/obviouslyhaven'twatchedanyvideosyet]
I'm assuming two since the connection bar thing would only attach two.

I can imagine how to make a taiko map on osu!stream lol
Zekira
2 is still workable, yeah... a single hand can use 2 fingers anyway so... 8D
Anzo
Can someone give me the graphic elements so I can make a skin out of it?
(Or maybe someone will just work for the skin..)
Starrodkirby86
As been mentioned here ( viewtopic.php?f=4&t=58973 ), at this point peppy would not like the skin being recreated or redistributed whatsoever. This is due to being sure that osu! and osu!stream are to be labelled as separate games, not to further blur the line as having them the same.

There may be a possibility in the future, but please don't count on it at the moment.
Quaraezha
If someone is ever gonna make an osu!stream skin for osu!, then it would only be logical if the original artists made it.
mm201

Zekira wrote:

[/obviouslyhaven'twatchedanyvideosyet] [/obviouslydoesn'tknowanything]
As many as the iPhone will allow. I think that's 8 or something?
As a design choice, we are limiting it to two in maps for the time being, until we can get a better sense of what players are going to be capable of.
Given the high amount of movement in this game, it can't really go as high as some other rhythm games without becoming unplayable.
Roga-don
So from now on, you'll only do songs not related from touhou because of Apple rules ? :?
What about vocaloid ? You could do personnal compositions with vocaloids, it's not forbidden !
Well, in any case, It'll make osu!stream even more different than osu!

mm201 wrote:

we are limiting it to two in maps for the time being, until we can get a better sense of what players are going to be capable of.
CAN'T WAAAAIT :cry:
peppy
They are Shanghai Alice rules, not Apple. Vocaloid is a definite possibility we are looking into.
NatsumeRin

peppy wrote:

Vocaloid is a definite possibility we are looking into.
what a good news.
Wishy
Just asking but why absolutely no Touhou related music? Like did they give any reason or he just said no?
peppy
Zun updated his terms earlier this year to specifically state zero distribution of derivative works on any mobile platforms. I was still working with the terms that were released when I began on osu!stream, but have had to restructure after reading the new terms.
Azure_Kite
Well, this is unfortunate. D:
Topic Starter
Koko Ban
re osu! stream skin:

i'm actually surprised that an official osu! stream skin for osu! PC won't happen! i thought that was planned in the first place. :<
peppy
I know at least one person has already made one despite what I said, anyways.
ampzz

Wishy22 wrote:

Just asking but why absolutely no Touhou related music?
There goes a fairly large chunk of potential osu!stream maps then.
Copter-kun

ampzz wrote:

Wishy22 wrote:

Just asking but why absolutely no Touhou related music?
There goes a fairly large chunk of potential osu!stream maps then.
And all the effort wasted too. All that mapping for nothing.
Faust
I don't think anyone mapped any touhou-related songs, Copter.
Azure_Kite
Nevermind the majority of the initial packs being Touhou.
Faust
Oh? So they were..

Tis' quite a blunder..

So uh, Nightcore?
Topic Starter
Koko Ban
that's a bummer since BOOZEHOUND is one of my fave songs there :<
Daru
Was there any reason given for the prohibition of derivative work on mobile platforms?
Also, how does Shanghai Alice have legal standing on derivative works in the first place? I thought that rights for derivative works are held by the creator of that work, not the original.
peppy
Unfortunately not. It seems with doujin distribution, artists are restricted to distribute their works "only via doujin channels", basically inhibiting how far touhou music reaches (legally).
D33d
I practically almost kind of slightly want an iDevice just for playing Stream. Peppy, care to estimate when an Android version would be released?
Yakety Saxer

D33d wrote:

I practically almost kind of slightly want an iDevice just for playing Stream. Peppy, care to estimate when an Android version would be released?
Already been said on the official osu!stream Twitter channel that there is no ETA and that it'll be out when it's out.
D33d
Now that you mention it, I kind of remember that. I haven't been following the Twitter stream too closely.
show more