Total Posts
show more
UPR
Everyday I get tempted to buy a non-Ayame based merch set
Topic Starter
Reyalp51

UPR

Reyalp51 wrote:

Nijisanji trying to damage control and making it worse is such a tradition at this point I am kinda unsuprised
Neigdoig
Niji's attempt at damage control has gone horribly. I've yet to do the numbers on it myself. It's all connected to what they did to Doki, and NijiEN will NEVER recover from this disaster. People loved Selen/Doki, and almost nobody hated her. And now what? They do this nonsense? The yacht is sinking and time is running out. I see that, based upon my best estimates from what I've seen, OG Nijisanji will be the only branch left standing.

Edit: I've done the numbers. By them, Niji's done.
UPR
Just found out a few indie Vtubers I follow are going to be at a Convention here in Texas and I am just in agony as I don't have a ride to where it is (even though its still not until the end of march)
Neigdoig

UPR wrote:

Just found out a few indie Vtubers I follow are going to be at a Convention here in Texas and I am just in agony as I don't have a ride to where it is (even though its still not until the end of march)
Let's hope you'll be able to go.
I AM VERY SMART
i want to become a vtuber

any advices?
Topic Starter
Reyalp51

Anaxii wrote:

any advices?
idk if you are joking or not but thats really cool

Once you have a model that you are satisfied with just learn how to use VtubeStudio and install a face tracking app on your phone. Once you got all of that go stream what you think suits you best
I AM VERY SMART

Reyalp51 wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

any advices?
idk if you are joking or not but thats really cool

Once you have a model that you are satisfied with just learn how to use VtubeStudio and install a face tracking app on your phone. Once you got all of that go stream what you think suits you best
it was supposed to be a joke but now i kind of want to try LOL
Neigdoig

Anaxii wrote:

I was also thinking of doing it as well, since it's very popular (granted, very oversaturated).
I AM VERY SMART

Neigdoig wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

I was also thinking of doing it as well, since it's very popular (granted, very oversaturated).
there are a lot of small streamers who have a vtuber persona and they're all so creative!!!

i've heard to make a """good""" one, you'll have to pay a lot of money tho
UPR

Anaxii wrote:

Neigdoig wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

there are a lot of small streamers who have a vtuber persona and they're all so creative!!!

kinda, you can also just work on a model overtime through a basic model base too, which probably would draw in a decent base of peeps who like seeing their Vtubers work on their own models
I AM VERY SMART

UPR wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

Neigdoig wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

kinda, you can also just work on a model overtime through a basic model base too, which probably would draw in a decent base of peeps who like seeing their Vtubers work on their own models
okkkkkkkkkk thanks
sametdze
guys there's a vtuber for kids
only speaks english though and doesn't stream
UPR

sametdze wrote:

Looking at the backlog on her channel, most of her subs and stuff came from the Elsagate period when playing with toys was still a viable way to grow on the site, though she did make a shift into being a vtuber which is cool to see. Her channel seems always to have been geared towards kids from what I can tell (seems most of her vids from back then are toy reviews and nonabhorrent Elsagate-based stuff) and the shift towards using a vtuber model is pretty recent of about a year-to-year and a half ago but seems to be working for her which is cool to see. God, I think I remember my younger siblings and cousins watching her when they were younger, god I am getting old
Kobold84

sametdze wrote:

>my channel didn't have a face … but now I finally do have a face to use in videos as a vtuber
Not a vtuber then.
Ymir

sametdze wrote:

this generation is seriously cooked
sametdze
guys am i cooked 😭
i watched this entire video kicking my feet up and whenever she found a new nail polish i got really excited
Topic Starter
Reyalp51
i think i heard of her a while ago but no one seems to care about her now (except 20 million kids)
Neigdoig
Those 20 million kids are the target audience for her. Now, shy does she have a model where the assets are a little big? Children would probably be drawn towards them for a second before watching what is actually going on.

From what I'm seeing on this matter, this is actually a little disgusting.
UPR

Neigdoig wrote:

Those 20 million kids are the target audience for her. Now, shy does she have a model where the assets are a little big? Children would probably be drawn towards them for a second before watching what is actually going on.

From what I'm seeing on this matter, this is actually a little disgusting.
Considering the shit out there and more manipulative types in both spheres that this vtuber is from, her having slightly bigger "assets" is not the most disgusting thing I have seen from a creator this size. Maybe go back to believing your numbers are the reason multiple other leading factors to a downfall or failure then look at the bigger picture like someone with common sense you VANON shitlord
Neigdoig
I'm just theorizing here, UPR. It's nothing concrete on the matter. My apologies for not clarifying.
UPR

Neigdoig wrote:

I'm just theorizing here, UPR. It's nothing concrete on the matter. My apologies for not clarifying.
It's not theorizing when you're implying she happened to make her avatar with slightly bigger boobs to draw in kids, that is self-imposing your view on it and assuming its something gross
Topic Starter
Reyalp51
a month passed and the only thing that has happend is more nijisanji death
also uki

tf mika just joined vshojo
UPR

Reyalp51 wrote:

a month passed and the only thing that has happend is more nijisanji death
also uki

tf mika just joined vshojo
I mean yeah, its only now being noticed that uki is a huge racist lol
Neigdoig
Uki's loxism is absolutely disgusting. That shouldn't be allowed in the Vtuber community.

By the way: Loxism = anti-white racism.
UPR
So as of yesterday night (American hours) it was announced by COVER/Hololive that Ookami Mio was recently diagnosed with an illness that will require long-term treatment. Nothing has been said about which one it is as to retain the privacy of Mio.

I will be wishing her well in her road to overcoming this.
Neigdoig
If she graduates as a result of this, that would be sad news. Hopefully, she recovers okay.
ClevelandsMyBro
Neigdoig

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

The best way to describe that in a meme. Doki's doing way better than those Nijisanji snakes.
Topic Starter
Reyalp51
well that was quick

UPR

Reyalp51 wrote:

well that was quick

Gotta get them music groups out
Neigdoig
I had seen something about that. Boy was that a surprise to most. I knew something would come up in terms of a new Gen soon.
Topic Starter
Reyalp51
a-chan just left hololive
now im actually sad lol
UPR

Reyalp51 wrote:

now im actually sad lol
Tis a shame, but understandable
- Marco -
RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA RAORA
Neigdoig

Reyalp51 wrote:

now im actually sad lol
Family health issues prevented her from continuing. Poor A-Chan....
I AM VERY SMART
Topic Starter
Reyalp51

Neigdoig
So I had just found out that Wednesday (my time), Hizaki Gamma from Uproar had his contract terminated. It was stated he was "hard to work with" and he left Holostars and HoloPro amicably. No reason given for violation of contract (and I don't think there was one, thankfully).

I had watched a video from 18 hours before this post about it.
Neigdoig
Well... more HoloPro members are leaving, as Minato Aqua is having her turn on August 28th due to creative differences between herself and Cover. I may not be one of her fans (since I'm a forever Kapumin), but I wish her the best wherever she goes in the future.
Patatitta

Neigdoig wrote:

Well... more HoloPro members are leaving, as Minato Aqua is having her turn on August 28th due to creative differences between herself and Cover. I may not be one of her fans (since I'm a forever Kapumin), but I wish her the best wherever she goes in the future.
me when something bad happens and I don't want to disclose it "ah yes creative differences of course", like really, that's the scapegoat of every single breakup in human history
UPR

Patatitta wrote:

Neigdoig wrote:

me when something bad happens and I don't want to disclose it "ah yes creative differences of course", like really, that's the scapegoat of every single breakup in human history
Blud, its not that deep, just normal things that happen after 6 years with a company
Topic Starter
Reyalp51

Patatitta wrote:

Neigdoig wrote:

hololive has been here for a while now, some members probably are just happy with what they have achieved and just want to move on with their lives, not saying it was this case because i dont know but we shouldnt be depressed when a vtuber we like retires it will happen to all of us eventually
Patatitta

UPR wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Neigdoig wrote:

Blud, its not that deep, just normal things that happen after 6 years with a company
no I mean, I find the concept of leaving because "of creative differences" funny because it has been used so many times in human histories for totally different reasons that the term currently has no meaning and it's just empty words used to justify someone leaving something because of reasons
UPR

Patatitta wrote:

UPR wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Neigdoig wrote:

no I mean, I find the concept of leaving because "of creative differences" funny because it has been used so many times in human histories for totally different reasons that the term currently has no meaning and it's just empty words used to justify someone leaving something because of reasons
Yeah and? Your making it sound like a negative thing when it probably is as simple as creative differences or personal stuff. Saying it's a common used excuse doesn't mean saying negative shit about something not negative for once lol
Patatitta

UPR wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

UPR wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Neigdoig wrote:

Yeah and? Your making it sound like a negative thing when it probably is as simple as creative differences or personal stuff. Saying it's a common used excuse doesn't mean saying negative shit about something not negative for once lol
I'm not hating on hololive this once, i'm just laughing at the term
Achromalia

UPR wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

UPR wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

i have minimal investment/interest in vtubers, but i would speak to my impressions/observations of people's experiences with entertainers in general... there are many reasons why "creative differences" will easily appear to be an objectionably ridiculous way to explain various kinds of conflict (anywhere from trivial to virtually criminal or even literally criminal), according to some!

there are arguments i have in mind in its defense, like maybe this vagueness is an intentional attempt at preventing defamation or preventing publically voyeuristic destruction of image, which speaks to idol industries and the deeper volatile subsections of fandom culture

but these terms can also readily obfuscate the depth and substance of particular problems and i could imagine it would even be used to cover up systemically exploitative and abusive conditions in various institutions/industries/companies, although i suppose it can just as likely be a purely interpersonally damaging event...

to my understanding of it, it just doesn't seem that unbelievable for "creative differences" to seem arbitrary enough that someone could think of those darker implications and therefore reflect a negative condition

and yet, hypothetically, it really might not necessarily be "that deep" in this one instance... but because we are merely viewers of an entertainer who is sponsored/employed by others with interests and guidelines of their own, the extent of plausible secrecy would mean that we really can't always know what "creative differences" means when it could describe any of the things the phrase represents from entirely different/disparate conditions. therefore it is easy enough to perceive as laughably ambiguous or even arbitrary, even if intended to present a specific and explicitly clean-but-opaque inoffensive image for the public

and that flavor of image-management tends to have implications of its own, with connotations that suggest things about the companies/industries themselves, further representing negative conditions
UPR

Achromalia wrote:

UPR wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

UPR wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

i have minimal investment/interest in vtubers, but i would speak to my impressions/observations of people's experiences with entertainers in general... there are many reasons why "creative differences" will easily appear to be an objectionably ridiculous way to explain various kinds of conflict (anywhere from trivial to virtually criminal or even literally criminal), according to some!

there are arguments i have in mind in its defense, like maybe this vagueness is an intentional attempt at preventing defamation or preventing publically voyeuristic destruction of image, which speaks to idol industries and the deeper volatile subsections of fandom culture

but these terms can also readily obfuscate the depth and substance of particular problems and i could imagine it would even be used to cover up systemically exploitative and abusive conditions in various institutions/industries/companies, although i suppose it can just as likely be a purely interpersonally damaging event...

to my understanding of it, it just doesn't seem that unbelievable for "creative differences" to seem arbitrary enough that someone could think of those darker implications and therefore reflect a negative condition

and yet, hypothetically, it really might not necessarily be "that deep" in this one instance... but because we are merely viewers of an entertainer who is sponsored/employed by others with interests and guidelines of their own, the extent of plausible secrecy would mean that we really can't always know what "creative differences" means when it could describe any of the things the phrase represents from entirely different/disparate conditions. therefore it is easy enough to perceive as laughably ambiguous or even arbitrary, even if intended to present a specific and explicitly clean-but-opaque inoffensive image for the public

and that flavor of image-management tends to have implications of its own, with connotations that suggest things about the companies/industries themselves, further representing negative conditions
Well considering fellow vtubers from Hololive are talking about it in a way that suggests it is really a problem as simple as that to personal things that occurred correlated to mere creative differences, I see it as not that deep. It isn't wrong to be skeptical, I would be too in other situations related to any vtubers (such as the recent stuff related to idolVT being acquired and a entire gen from them deciding to graduate after that) but in this case, where it's a vtuber who in the case for Hololive has been one of the more successful in the last few years without any near public major problems/concerns (The Taiwan situation doesn't count as she was coincidentally chosen by the anti's there) to really speak of. Now this doesn't account for behind-the-scenes stuff since we probably won't ever know that information, but from what could be seen from many off-hand comments from other talents who worked with her, she seemed to be content/happy to be working there. As I said skepticism isn't wrong to have here, I have some as well, but not to the extent to make that my first response about news related to that. I could get it if it's asked like a questioning stance to it, but the user I responded to, entered in with a more negative connotation, to me at least. I may just be biased after experiences on /vt/
Neigdoig
Aqua had a proper graduation anyway, so she had some positive things to say about why she graduated.
Topic Starter
Reyalp51
ok i was thinking about posting this in ot but no one cares so here it goes instead
a week ago hololive launched their social media app to overseas (not in europe :() and it got raided so bad it became miiverse 2

UPR

Reyalp51 wrote:

ok i was thinking about posting this in ot but no one cares so here it goes instead
a week ago hololive launched their social media app to overseas (not in europe :() and it got raided so bad it became miiverse 2

Oh yeah, I heard about that, lmao
Stomiks

Reyalp51 wrote:

It's insane Cover didn't think to have any moderation when initially launching the app. The reason could probably be that they expected overseas audiences to act like japan, but even then when it comes to the japanese on the internet, they become the most vile and malignant types of people you'll ever see.

But with moderation put in place, Holoplus is actually a pretty good social media for Hololive fans. There's different channels set up by Cover that you can post in like a Chat and Clips channel, along with official channels for news and announcements. What's surprising is that you could actually filter posts by language. It's so convenient that I could read through japanese and english posts at a tap of a button, which would usually have me going through hoops on other social media sites.

You could also press the like button on posts as much as you want and it'd still add to the counter. Emojis relating to talents also pop up with each press but it does get a tad bit tiring imo. There's also a system called Holoplus points that increase with each level if you keep liking posts, but other than that, it doesn't really do anything else.

A tab purely for talent's streaming schedules also exist which thank god I don't have to scour through the Youtube Subscriptions Tab with all the other channels I'm subscribed to just to see which talents are planning to stream.

But by far the best feature about Holoplus is that you can filter your feed by choosing your oshis. By tapping a button, all posts on every channel and on the schedule tab will only be related to the talents you want to see. What an actual blessing. I don't have to put time finding going through art tags on Twitter and Pixiv or chats on message boards about my oshis.

There are some features that I'd like added to Holoplus in the future, like being able to set a custom pfp and enabling dark mode, but as is, Holoplus could perfectly function as a Hololive-only social media.
Patatitta
quick question, why would you want a social media specific for vtubers?, why not continue using regular 4chan and twitter?, is better sorting worth having an extra app in your phone and isolating the vtuber community even more by getting them out of twitter and 4chan into their own little space where they can't interact with anyone outside that community?, I don't want this to become a trend and to have a new social media for each specific community or hobby
UPR

Patatitta wrote:

quick question, why would you want a social media specific for vtubers?, why not continue using regular 4chan and twitter?, is better sorting worth having an extra app in your phone and isolating the vtuber community even more by getting them out of twitter and 4chan into their own little space where they can't interact with anyone outside that community?, I don't want this to become a trend and to have a new social media for each specific community or hobby
I mean its just for Hololive not like Anycolor, Phaseconnect, Vshojo, etc can make the same with the same time sink Cover did. In terms of isolating the Vtuber community? Uhh no? It will probably not change, the /vt/ users will continue using it especially since they can't talk how they usually do in HoloEarth, Twt will still be used since Vtubing is more than Hololive, and even with the number of fake Vtubers, the number of real ones is still pretty big either way. All in all HoloEarth is probably just a normal one time thing that will likely not be replicated again, I don't think it will isolate the tubing community as said, Its more than Hololive, also I don't think it will become a trend. Were not gonna see a Project Moon, Type-Moon, Anime centric, other niche hobby based platform. Those have been attempted, and usually don't work. Hell its not even known if Holoearth will succeed. In the end, were just seeing this be used (in my case I will give it a whirl or so) so instead of getting doomer pilled about this, lets give it a month to then go doomer. Thats just my opinion though, the concern on extra app on a phone is valid though I sorta agree
Stomiks

UPR wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

I mean its just for Hololive not like Anycolor, Phaseconnect, Vshojo, etc can make the same with the same time sink Cover did. In terms of isolating the Vtuber community? Uhh no? It will probably not change, the /vt/ users will continue using it especially since they can't talk how they usually do in HoloEarth, Twt will still be used since Vtubing is more than Hololive, and even with the number of fake Vtubers, the number of real ones is still pretty big either way. All in all HoloEarth is probably just a normal one time thing that will likely not be replicated again, I don't think it will isolate the tubing community as said, Its more than Hololive, also I don't think it will become a trend. Were not gonna see a Project Moon, Type-Moon, Anime centric, other niche hobby based platform. Those have been attempted, and usually don't work. Hell its not even known if Holoearth will succeed. In the end, were just seeing this be used (in my case I will give it a whirl or so) so instead of getting doomer pilled about this, lets give it a month to then go doomer. Thats just my opinion though, the concern on extra app on a phone is valid though I sorta agree
I'd also like to think about Holoplus as bonus content from what you're already seeing from other sites to begin with, a plus perhaps...

It's not like Cover would just exclusively post on the app and prevent their fanbase from growing. They're not that stupid, especially since the company is growing rapidly in scope and reaching more audiences this year (Hololive Dogders, new office in The US). So as always, the talents will keep posting on their twitter accounts and Cover will keep trying to expand their reach.

What's more so beneficial about Holoplus is the convenience for hearing about news, announcements, and talent's streaming schedules imo. Since Hololive has so many projects and talents you wanna keep up with, it's a pain having to go through different accounts from different sites if there's possibly any merch drops from a talent, or new updates from Holoearth and Holo Indie. Having everything be collected in one app is just so convenient if you're a hardcore Hololive fan.